Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → China
China
2017-04-16, 4:33 AM #1
I watched some videos of rush hour in cities like Beijing and Shanghai. It gets pretty dense out there, you guys. Then they have that industrial smog problem. The rural areas are pretty poor as far as I know. But I'm focusing on some of the negative here.

What do you think about China? Any cool stories from travels there?

Also Trump is trying to get the jobs back, and China is the biggest one of those places where the jobs went, I guess. Trump is probably not getting all that manual labor back in American hands. That just seems unrealistic.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2017-04-16, 11:13 AM #2
Didn't most of the jobs go to the robots? I like the idea of China. I'm obsessed with the I Ching ever since terrence mckenna used it to predictably correct the end of the world in 2012.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2017-04-16, 11:22 AM #3
Originally posted by Spook:
Didn't most of the jobs go to the robots?

Good point. Keep them coming.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2017-04-16, 4:19 PM #4
Originally posted by Krokodile:
Also Trump is trying to get the jobs back, and China is the biggest one of those places where the jobs went, I guess. Trump is probably not getting all that manual labor back in American hands. That just seems unrealistic.

More to the point, what good would it do? The value of manufacturing labor on the international market isn't really good enough to justify a first world standard of living. If double the population of the US is employed in the manufacturing industry in Asia, and it's collectively worth less than half our GDP, why would bringing 10% of those jobs to the US do anything for us?
2017-04-16, 5:54 PM #5
Probably none, since we have gotten to the point where unemployment is no longer a problem, but a dilemma.
Epstein didn't kill himself.

↑ Up to the top!