Thread: Did anyone back up GibbaGobba's videos?

Did anyone back up GibbaGobba's videos?

This guy on Youtube named GibbaGobba made a series of video tutorials on Jkedit

However he took them all down recently. I'm wondering if anyone has backed them up by any chance?

NIKVMVS-REX-TODOA

Probably no one here. Someone at JKHub might have them.

. V .

He took them down? He said he would keep them up as it could be helpful to someone looking to use the tool.

Administrator
    That sucks. If anyone has any JK resources that are in danger of going extinct, let me know and I'll try to get them up somewhere on Massassi

Quote Originally Posted by Nikumubeki View Post
    Probably no one here. Someone at JKHub might have them.
    I asked around and I got a very nasty pm from him ordering me to not ask his friends for backups. He also intentionally tried to get rid of all attention on him by renaming all of his projects on the site to "untitled".

Quote Originally Posted by Ranhcase View Post
    He took them down? He said he would keep them up as it could be helpful to someone looking to use the tool.
    I sent him a bunch of PMs and he basically said that because the community was barely around and didn't watch his videos he felt like it was pointless to keep making them. It came across like he was depressed that most of his friends that he made with Jedi Knight had moved on and felt like it was time to move on.

However he clearly didn't think a lot of this through. Like he posted a video a few days ago talking about how the reason he deleted all of the videos rather than just start a new youtube channel was because he wants to "move the Gibbagobba brand away from Jedi Knight". Like he's Total Biscuit or something. I asked him why he didn't just unlist or just private his videos and he responded rather abruptly with "I can do whatever I want with my channel".

Guy clearly made his videos for attention and when he stopped getting it he got mad and deleted everything. I'm just sad I didn't back up his videos before he had his meltdown. As his tutorials were the only available ones for JKedit.

He won't admit that he doesn't have backups either which is the strange thing. He keeps alluding to maybe reuploading his videos or redoing them but at the same time basically states that he probably won't. I just wish he would stop lying but it's unlikely that's ever going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    That sucks. If anyone has any JK resources that are in danger of going extinct, let me know and I'll try to get them up somewhere on Massassi
    There are some archives I've found of tutorials and levels. Like some group has archived most of JKhub already. It's just I doubt anyone anticipated gibbagobba randomly deleting his videos for no reason.
    Last edited by DeadYorick; 07-12-2017 at 12:12 AM.