Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Anything Amazon
Anything Amazon
2017-07-13, 3:24 PM #1
So well in to Prime Day I started to think that look for a PC would be a good idea. I found this one for about $640. I thought it would have been a good place to start, keep me going with the sort of gaming I'm likely to do for awhile and powerful enough for the Adobe software I'm learning. I picked out an ultrawide monitor for about $200, not the best but sufficient and kept the whole package well under a grand. I wasn't overly attached to it and as quantities ran low the item ran out.

I started looking again and found this box for somewhere in the $900 range. For some reason I decided to check the monitor I picked and realized it was flat. I wanted a curved monitor so I started to relook and found one I liked for $500 so I was now up to over $1400 but cool with it. Then the quantities ran low and the PC rose a couple hundred dollars all the way up to over $1500. Damn. Oh well, I can wait no biggie but I was starting to get attached to the idea of the new one. Only thing I didn't like was apparently no room for an internal odd but I have an external drive so it wasn't a deal breaker.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2017-07-13, 4:00 PM #2
What charities does everyone use for Amazon smile?
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2017-07-13, 4:12 PM #3
Say what you will about Glenn Beck but I really like his charity, Mercury One.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2017-07-13, 5:36 PM #4
I use local Planned Parenthood for Smile.

Didn't buy anything on Prime Day.
2017-07-14, 9:54 AM #5
I didn't buy anything on Prime Day. Everything that looked cool on the front page as already sold out. Flipped through a few more pages and didn't see anything interesting. Meh.

Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance
2017-07-14, 10:01 AM #6
I bought portable stands for my miter saw and table saw.
2017-07-14, 7:39 PM #7
Originally posted by Jon`C:
I bought portable stands for my miter saw and table saw.

So, in theory, you'll be able to view the stand I made for my radial arm miter saw. I don't see how it's possible to embed like a regular link to a picture. If it's possible I'd like to know how. Anyway, later I found that a flaw was I couldn't swing it through it's full arc and I corrected that.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LAnl5Wpg86Azza3B2

2017-07-14, 8:24 PM #8
Originally posted by Wookie06:
So, in theory, you'll be able to view the stand I made for my radial arm miter saw. I don't see how it's possible to embed like a regular link to a picture. If it's possible I'd like to know how. Anyway, later I found that a flaw was I couldn't swing it through it's full arc and I corrected that.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LAnl5Wpg86Azza3B2

Solid. I was planning on doing that a few years ago, before the international apartment hop. Now I'm finding it more useful to keep the miter saw portable. I figure if I ever need a setup like this I can afford to buy a radial arm saw (hopefully while someone still makes them).

This is basically what I'm using now:

http://a.co/g9C1mKV

I've had the saw for about 9 years. It looks the same, but it's probably an older model number. (Edit: Mine is sliding, not the glide version. That's the difference I guess.)
2017-07-14, 8:37 PM #9
Nice. My saw is some cheaper version I think I got at Lowe's but it has done well for my use I think I got it around 12 years ago when I was laying laminate in this house. I really was over engineering some shelving and bench ideas until someone gave me a very basic workbench they didn't want to move. That bench informed some projects I had and I may post them here someday but I simplified the "plans" (there weren't any!) and reduced the material.

2017-07-15, 5:36 AM #10
Originally posted by Spook:
What charities does everyone use for Amazon smile?

Friends of Thai Daughters.

It's an organization the company I work for helps support. We do a fair amount of importing from Thailand and have strong ties to the area.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE

↑ Up to the top!