Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Fox Facts
Fox Facts
2017-08-08, 11:07 AM #1
Hi all, I want to share some information w/you about foxes.

1. They are super cute

2. Adult foxes adopt orphaned babies

3. They smell really, really bad

4. Even "domesticated" foxes are terrible pets and like to bite and pee on everything

6. The red fox has the widest population distribution of any mammal I think?

5. I love them

2017-08-08, 11:08 AM #2
Bonus pix:

2017-08-08, 11:38 AM #3
I saw a guy walking a fox in the town I am moving to soon. It was magical.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2017-08-08, 12:16 PM #4
these redlets are alright in my book
2017-08-08, 12:29 PM #5
I'm disappointed that they stink. Also that you seem to assert that they can't be trained to **** outside for some reason?
2017-08-08, 1:12 PM #6
I think you have to have one of the bioweapon russian ones for them to be truly domesticated
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2017-08-08, 1:47 PM #7
Originally posted by Brian:
I'm disappointed that they stink. Also that you seem to assert that they can't be trained to **** outside for some reason?

They have a really strong marking instinct that makes them pee when they're happy or find/are given food in a new spot. So a lot of people who do own them always give them food in the same place to keep it from getting everywhere. A few might be house-trainable but it's uncommon afaik.

https://www.instagram.com/juniperfoxx/ is a great photoblog that talks about raising them and the associated problems & challenges.

Originally posted by Spook:
I think you have to have one of the bioweapon russian ones for them to be truly domesticated

Yeah, most "domesticated" ones in the states are rescues from fur farms who are bred for docility and can't live in the wild, but they're still pretty wild.
2017-08-08, 2:34 PM #8
Here is my favourite mug.

[https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEyK2ZvXUAA8kEM.jpg]

I'm under the impression most people that want to attempt to keep a fox as a pet go for fennec foxes, but I think that's just cause they're tiny.
nope.
2017-08-08, 4:19 PM #9
[https://i.ytimg.com/vi/sH3YyLfBZ8I/maxresdefault.jpg]
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2017-08-08, 9:34 PM #10
Wrong thread, bro.
2017-08-08, 10:09 PM #11
Fox actually runs debate pedant stats like it's a sports game. Jesus.
2017-08-08, 10:43 PM #12
Anyway. Foxes have some of the most dramatically long winter coats, which make them look like giant orange caterpillars until they shed them in the summertime.

2017-08-08, 10:59 PM #13
"What kind of sound do foxes make Thrawn numbarz? What does the fox say hahahahah"

I'm glad you asked me. Foxes actually make a lot of different sounds.

Complaining:

I don't know:

And horrible screams!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWqLoccFZCZ/
2017-08-09, 1:33 AM #14
Why do you have to set a fox on fire to browse the web?
Sorry for the lousy German
2017-08-09, 10:09 AM #15
Originally posted by Impi:
Why do you have to set a fox on fire to browse the web?

I use Chrome.
2017-08-09, 10:29 AM #16
Firefox was originally called Phoenix browser, but they got in trouble because another project/company was already using the name Phoenix. Then they came up with Firebird, which was completely stupid because another open source project was already using the name Firebird. So they somehow ended up with firefox? Wtf.
2017-08-09, 10:29 AM #17
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
;1203274']I use Chrome.

I'm sorry.
2017-08-09, 10:37 AM #18
Originally posted by Brian:
I'm sorry.

I used to use Firefox bc I didn't like giving Google a vertical monopoly on my internet usage. But, hundreds and hundreds of crashes on a dozen different computers later, I gave up and switched to a browser that worked. So, I'm not that sorry :v
2017-08-09, 2:41 PM #19
Here is one of my favorite videos which is a baby fox getting stuck in a cricket net and saved by some nice people

2017-08-09, 3:19 PM #20
There's some that live near my house but you don't really get to see or hear them unless it's mating season.
nope.
2017-08-09, 3:38 PM #21
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
;1203278']I used to use Firefox bc I didn't like giving Google a vertical monopoly on my internet usage. But, hundreds and hundreds of crashes on a dozen different computers later, I gave up and switched to a browser that worked. So, I'm not that sorry :v

2017-08-09, 4:30 PM #22
I used to use Chromium, but I stopped after Google silently pushed out a closed source blob for always-on voice control. I don't want to run a browser that downloads and executes native code off of random servers. If it had been Chrome, and I trusted Google, that'd be one thing, but Chromium wasn't supposed to do that kind of thing.

So yeah, I use Firefox now.
2017-08-09, 6:10 PM #23
I feel like some of the people in this thread are having trouble staying on topic

2017-08-10, 1:05 AM #24
Ha, I thought the thread would be about Fox news originally (and I'm not the only one).

I have both Chrome and Firefox, but for some reason Firefox is always very slow for me, so I avoid it like the fire whenever I can.

[https://i.ytimg.com/vi/O3onAuTSSo4/hqdefault.jpg]
幻術
2017-08-10, 11:16 AM #25
Browser talk is hereby banned from this thread on account of it being incredibly boring.

Fox Engine talk is allowed though.
2017-08-10, 2:30 PM #26
Ahem.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2017-08-10, 10:09 PM #27
https://shirt.woot.com/offers/fox-fall
2017-08-11, 12:54 AM #28
I regularly see foxes when I'm driving through the woods to visit my parents or on my way back. They don't seem to be very shy or afraid of the cars. Which coincides with all the flat foxes I see as well.
I always want to take a picture when I see one but there are too many twists and turns in the road to make it safe to stop.
Sorry for the lousy German
2017-08-13, 6:57 AM #29
I used to see foxes all the time at my old London job. On one occasion one snoozed off the afternoon at my feet the other side of the glass from my desk totally unaware of my presence. They had a den in a small patch of wood next to and below the local train station; I'd watch the kits chasing and fighting below me while waiting for the inevitably delayed train most summer evenings. It was also quite fun watching them range up and down the train line, preferring to run single file down the rails than to run on the coarse gravel.

They also scream like hell beasts; I'm fairly certain it was a fox that killed my cat as a child; and they have a bad tendency for tearing open bin bags and, once done rooting through for food, depositing a turd on the highest remaining pile of rubbish they can find.

↑ Up to the top!