Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Anyone seen this? JK on mac
Anyone seen this? JK on mac
2017-08-09, 7:52 AM #1
This link was sent back in January but I didn't see the email until now. Some guy wrote some shell scripts that purport to install JK on mac. I looked through some of the shell scripts and it looks like it's trying to install wine, then install JK. I don't see why it wouldn't work. However, please note that I have severe security concerns because there is a lot of downloading of files from various sources under the author's control, like google drive and whatnot. I don't recommend doing that "download from internet and pipe to sh or bash" because it opens you to a whole bunch of nasty surprises.

Anyway, I've been meaning to try JK under wine on Linux and then post up some instructions if it works, but I haven't gotten around to it.

https://github.com/kevincar/JK-Installer-MacOSX
2017-08-09, 8:59 PM #2
Wrong forum, bro.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2017-08-10, 10:00 AM #3
:-|
2017-08-11, 12:41 AM #4
I remember having varying success with trying to run JK via Wine. Sometimes it ran better than on Windows. Sometimes it wouldn't run at all.
Sorry for the lousy German

↑ Up to the top!