Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Trying to find a JK map! Help!
Trying to find a JK map! Help!
2017-08-20, 12:58 AM #1
Ok guys, I've been coming here and playing JK since the 90's on the Zone. I never did much on this forum but some of you may remember me asking about this last year or so. I wanted to bring it up again just in case somebody else may see it or remember something because at this point I am desperate (Yeah I know it's sad but JK is one of those really important nostalgic things for me and if you really want to know I have a sad story to do with what I'm asking about that I can tell you but damnit it's long)

ANYWAY:

I am in search of a certain JK map. It's of a haunted house, and no it isn't the map titled "haunted house". It was a haunted house, the first thing you saw upon spawn was a chair which would levitate and move as though a poltergeist were manipulating it. It was on a set path and really it was kind of crappy but back then it was amazing. There was a certain amount of a courtyard to explore and there was also a crypt. In the crypt was a button that would allow you to shoot coffins (which exploded) and a sort of snarling noise which would scare the crap out of you.

That's about all I can remember. If anybody knows ANYTHING or can point me in the right direction, this would be extremely helpful. The recent Steam patch finally made JK playable on my PC (it's been years :( and I've been playing a lot.) I'd really like to get ahold of this level and solve one of those childhood mysteries like we all have.

PLEEZ HALP!! Also, HI! I'm DK, used to go by BHA_Goro on the Zone.
2017-08-20, 1:34 AM #2
Yes, I remember this level too. IIRC rail dets were replaced with exploding coffin projectiles.

https://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?67642-Desperately-searching-for-a-JK-level!-Help-please!!

Do we have any new Massassians in the house that joined since 2016 and think they can pitch in and help the search party out over here?
2017-08-20, 1:38 AM #3
There's a good chance she's been lost to the elements.

I have an idea, though. We can reconstruct her in JED from spare memories. Each one of us can re-construct a separate memory of the level, and then patch it together. Release it Haunted House Base 2.0 and make it the permanent level of the week.
2017-08-20, 1:43 AM #4
Originally posted by Reverend Jones:
I have an idea, though. We can reconstruct her in JED from spare memories. Each one of us can re-construct a separate memory of the level, and then patch it together. Release it Haunted House Base 2.0 and make it the permanent level of the week.

I like it.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2017-08-20, 1:44 AM #5
(And then ban FGR)
2017-08-20, 1:50 AM #6
touch it

@Krefft: Your description reminds me of this one MotS MP level set in a crypt, that had floating chairs and Vornskrs and possibly coffin shooting action as well. But there was no haunted house, so it can't be the one you're looking for.

(Furthermore, I don't think that MotS MP level pack is even on Massassi anymore, I'd have to dig it up from ancient backup CDs)
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2017-08-20, 1:52 AM #7
There needs to be a TC that makes Vornskrs playable characters.
2017-08-20, 1:53 AM #8
LoaV: Life of a Vornskr
2017-08-20, 6:35 AM #9
If you really want to hunt ghosts you can try the level in my signature. *cough cough*
former entrepreneur
2017-08-20, 6:41 AM #10
It's a TC actually.
former entrepreneur
2017-08-20, 11:52 AM #11
Yes, I remember this level too. IIRC rail dets were replaced with exploding coffin projectiles.

https://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?67642-Desperately-searching-for-a-JK-level!-Help-please!!

Do we have any new Massassians in the house that joined since 2016 and think they can pitch in and help the search party out over here?

I thank you for your assistance, and also thank you for remembering this map because, not many others do!
2017-08-20, 11:54 AM #12
This is a really cool idea. I haven't messed with JED or any JK modding tools in years and years, I tinkered but never released anything. The coolest thing I ever did was get my face onto Admiral Kyle and show it off to my friends who didn't care AT ALL. :(

Maybe I'll install JED? Maybe I should do that anyway!
2017-08-20, 12:02 PM #13
I can only make boxes in JED at this point and I've forgotten how to add 3dos, and never figured out COGs.
2017-08-20, 12:03 PM #14
I'm sure FGR would be willing to do it though if we all send him napkins with our visions doodled on them.
2017-08-20, 12:08 PM #15
I'm sure FGR would be willing to do a new project like thisif we all send him napkins with our visions doodled on them.

dammit yones[/COLOR]
2017-08-20, 12:23 PM #16
My favorite character in Diablo II was the necromancer

2017-08-21, 2:46 AM #17
Originally posted by Krefft:
The recent Steam patch finally made JK playable on my PC

I've got to ask, do you have 3D acceleration enabled?
2017-08-21, 6:15 AM #18
Originally posted by Nikumubeki:
I've got to ask, do you have 3D acceleration enabled?

Yes! I still get some small texture errors but it's been a long time since the game would even bother to work halfway correctly, it's more than playable now.
2017-08-21, 7:31 AM #19
My favorite character in Diablo II was the necromancer

Too bad Paladin and Sorc are the only viable heroes. With Paladin being much more viable than Sorc.
2017-08-21, 11:00 AM #20
Originally posted by Krefft:
Yes! I still get some small texture errors but it's been a long time since the game would even bother to work halfway correctly, it's more than playable now.

That's good to hear. Out of interest, I checked the patch out myself but as soon as I turned 3D accel on, JK crashed.

(Funny thing, even in the late 1990s I never played JK without 3D accel because I couldn't stand it. >_> 3D accel @ 512x384, baby!)

↑ Up to the top!