Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Massassi JED Parade: Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City
Massassi JED Parade: Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City
2017-08-26, 1:09 PM #1
Did you actually play Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City, and for matter, did you unlock the secret code that lets you play the FGR-made secret level (after the end credits have rolled)?
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2017-08-26, 1:53 PM #2
no
2017-08-26, 5:11 PM #3
Until that last bit, I didn't even suspect that this thread was yet another shameless plug.
2017-08-26, 5:17 PM #4
Which is a shame, because I was actually contemplating giving it a spin, but now I have to file it away behind my existing backlog of FGR levels I've been "meaning to play", in the circular file.
2017-08-26, 5:24 PM #5
I think this may have actually been the one I pitched in with voice acting. If so, I should really give it a try sometime.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2017-08-27, 6:33 AM #6
Originally posted by Gebohq:
I think this may have actually been the one I pitched in with voice acting. If so, I should really give it a try sometime.

Same, actually

E- nope, not the one I helped out with. I can't remember what that map was, now
I had a blog. It sucked.
2017-09-26, 10:42 AM #7
In any case, here's the Vimeo-tastic video of the FGR secret level.

[Unable to find specified attachment][/URL]

(And from Magrucko 3 proper, the closest thing we can ever get to a real life Daft Vader-GBK-FGR convo!)
2018-06-12, 8:41 AM #8
Just seen this. Very glad I cut the episode short!!
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2018-06-26, 12:22 AM #9
Originally posted by Goit:

Well I certainly liked it!
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2018-07-19, 12:07 PM #10
Originally posted by Goit:

I actually went ahead and dug up the beta versions a few weeks back. They are all quite fantastic despite being (technically) unfinished - even the one that ends in a conveyor belt area with a doorway that will never lead to a finished area. >_>

(In fact, playing through Magrucko 3's secret level made me realize that I forgot to specify to you that the instance of one locked door resulting in a COG_01101 type message was actually intentional, so that Magrucko would have said "COG_0100101" out loud instead of "Locked" or sth. So yeah, it took me 5 years to remember that. Boh!)

Come to think of it, a lot of these SP levels end on quite the harrowing note (in retrospect). A Jedi's Quest Part 1 will never advance from Luke getting knocked out by Boba Fett and Kyle witnessing the event (similarly, the ending to a certain Jedi Master 2 SE (wink wink) where Kyle's the one getting knocked out and Emigra's the one to find him). Despite the ending to The Empire's Web 1 announcing that the sequel will be released for JO, it never will be. Leeza will never get to duke it out against Vallo at the Jedi Temple on the planet of Vlaki. Yug'rin and Zak are forever on-board a freighter ship enroute for a Star Destroyer, where their presence is actually expected. And-

You know, it might have been a huge mistake to have started replaying these old SP levels at this day and age.
2018-12-17, 11:08 AM #11
I just finished playing through this (including the secret level).
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2018-12-17, 11:45 AM #12
AND?
2018-12-17, 1:50 PM #13
The FGR bonus level (or series of levels) was expectedly an excuse for FGR to make one JK/Massassi/etc. reference after another and quite amusing to me as an FGR fan, while anyone who's played some of the classic JK SP stuff back in the day should get a nice kick out of it. I think Magrucko 3 itself is a pretty high note on which to end these JK things, unless someone will still come out with a new JK SP thing someday (which seems doubtful unless those JKHub people cook something up I guess). This was my first Magrucko that I ever played so I wasn't all that invested in the character or anything, but he was the best thing about the mod to me. He was voiced well and quite fun with his sarcastic attitude. I didn't like that parts of the levels were practically pitch black on my screen despite a high brightness setting, I'm not sure if that was deliberate or a JK bug/incompatibility thing.

Anyway, good job all.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.

↑ Up to the top!