Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Who lives in Texas?
Who lives in Texas?
2017-09-17, 10:01 AM #1
Does anyone live in or near Texas (more specifically near San Antonio)?
Nothing to see here, move along.
2017-09-17, 10:27 AM #2
Maybe I do, but post some more information for pete's sake.
2017-09-17, 10:32 AM #3
Originally posted by saberopus:
Maybe I do, but post some more information for pete's sake.

I've been living in San Antonio for the last few weeks. The food is good.
2017-09-17, 5:19 PM #4
Why aren't you in Mexico anymore?

Are you and s'opus going to meet up? Please take pictures and post a report if you do.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2017-09-17, 5:30 PM #5
Originally posted by Krokodile:
Why aren't you in Mexico anymore?

Are you and s'opus going to meet up? Please take pictures and post a report if you do.

My dad's health has deteriorated considerably, I brought him to Audie Murphy.
2017-09-17, 5:37 PM #6
A CERTAIN ATTORNEY ON MASSASSI LIVES IN TEXAS.

Last time I checked, he was trying to sue Harvey (the hurricane).
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2017-09-17, 5:46 PM #7
Nice! Have you lived in TX before? I know you've lived in the states for a significant amount of time, right?
2017-09-18, 11:11 AM #8
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
A CERTAIN ATTORNEY ON MASSASSI LIVES IN TEXAS.

Last time I checked, he was trying to sue Harvey (the hurricane).

That, on its face, does not appear to be a fruitful endeavor. Nevertheless, I wish him luck.

Nice! Have you lived in TX before? I know you've lived in the states for a significant amount of time, right?

I've only lived in California before, and that ended back in 2000. Texas is quite nice, however it feels weird to come back to your country of origin after 17 years.
2017-09-18, 11:22 AM #9
Mexico seems like such a beautiful country made so much worse by the drug cartels. I know it's not like that all over the country, but it makes me sad. How do you reflect on your time there now? I think you lived in a peaceful part.
2017-09-18, 11:48 AM #10
Mexico seems like such a beautiful country made so much worse by the drug cartels. I know it's not like that all over the country, but it makes me sad. How do you reflect on your time there now? I think you lived in a peaceful part.

I lived in Torreon which, while not as bad as Reynosa or Juarez, it was violent. Then in 2010 we moved to Celaya, which was very peaceful, until the last couple of years it started heating up. There are no longer safe places in Mexico, just less violent places.
2017-09-18, 3:43 PM #11
Wow that sucks. Did you or your family ever encounter anything like that personally?
2017-09-18, 4:14 PM #12
Wow that sucks. Did you or your family ever encounter anything like that personally?

Not directly, a couple cousins of mine witnessed some shoot outs (these took place at malls / bars). We also knew people who themselves or a family member of theirs got kidnapped/killed because they were involved somehow, or just at the wrong place at the wrong time. I count ourselves as lucky.
2017-09-19, 3:54 PM #13
It's probably good you got out of Mexico before today's earthquake.
2017-09-19, 5:23 PM #14
Originally posted by Reverend Jones:
It's probably good you got out of Mexico before today's earthquake.

Fortunately, I wasn't living in Mexico city, nor would I ever want to live there. My mom, however, is still living in Celaya (about 3 1/2 hours drive away from Mexico City), and she did feel the house shake a bit, but everyone is fine.

What was eerie was that today is the 32nd anniversary from the major quake of 1985 in Mexico city. People did an Earthquake drill at 11:00 a.m. only to be greeted by a real one at 1:00 p.m.
2017-09-19, 8:05 PM #15
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
People did an Earthquake drill at 11:00 a.m. only to be greeted by a real one at 1:00 p.m.

god works in mysterious ways!!!
I had a blog. It sucked.
2017-09-20, 7:11 AM #16
(!)
2017-09-26, 7:11 PM #17
(!)

Bill Millers is garbage.
2017-09-27, 6:59 AM #18
hey you're a regular San Antonian already, saying "Bill Millers" instead of "Bill Miller"

also yeah it's garbage but it's pretty dependable fast-food BBQ, at least

↑ Up to the top!