Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Some deep thoughts
Some deep thoughts
2017-10-05, 7:02 AM #1
The river runs
A horse wise and well traveled
without hunger
infinite energy
thoughts
not from a quill
but from my thumbs
on an iPhone

we are one

and time is a fortress
but memory stands at the gates
endless arrows driven through its heart
suffering

suffering?
like silence, defeating, deafening
a thousand pearls around the next of a poor man
blind
without medicaid

and how I ache
period (.)
a
chiropractor please

through the darkness passes light
but as it illuminates the darkness
it is cruel
is not the good cruel to evil when it defeats it?
how can good defeat, how can it vanquish?
what wonder
what life
hides in that dark
if good is good must it not murder with mercy?

these thoughts were mine
now they are yours
we are one

there are no possessions
above us, only sky
former entrepreneur
2017-10-05, 7:04 AM #2
:)
幻術
2017-10-05, 7:06 AM #3
well done, i like it.

i am the man in the box.
幻術
2017-10-05, 7:06 AM #4
Maybe all the deep thoughts can live in this thread from now on?
former entrepreneur
2017-10-05, 7:08 AM #5
Which thoughts are deep and which are shallow?
幻術
2017-10-05, 7:09 AM #6
Originally posted by Eversor:
Maybe all the deep thoughts can live in this thread from now on?

Oh, the noive on ya.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2017-10-05, 7:22 AM #7
It will be difficult to adapt, but I have answered my own question about willpower.

Willpower is infinite.
幻術
2017-10-05, 7:24 AM #8
Technically, all questions are my own.

Let's just forget this ever happened. It is not impossible that long after this body is dead, they (I) will find my old Twitter feed and say something wise about it. Which reminds me that I should start taking better care of it. My body, not Twitter.

See you in space.

P.S. We have built this world together. You can do anything!
幻術
2017-10-05, 10:21 AM #9
Originally posted by Koobie:
Willpower is infinite.

Then why am I sitting here playing Metal Gear Solid when I have topology to study?
2017-10-05, 11:02 AM #10
The Vulcan Raven fight is grid based I'm sure there's some topological argument to choose an optimal path and trivialize that fight, right?
I had a blog. It sucked.
2017-10-05, 11:12 AM #11
i have never so much as opened a topology text but i watch physicists yell about topological invariants a lot. once someone drew a grid to explain how this winding number allowed them to do funky physical optics things, that's my topology story
I had a blog. It sucked.
2017-10-05, 12:01 PM #12
Originally posted by Koobie:
You can do anything!

ex falso sequitur quodlibet

This has been known since the Greeks somebody wrote it in Latin. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_explosion <--essential reading to understand the nature of Koobie's posts, there...
2017-10-05, 1:20 PM #13
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
The Vulcan Raven fight is grid based I'm sure there's some topological argument to choose an optimal path and trivialize that fight, right?

Oh yeah, definitely. From first glance I think the fight could be solved geometrically, but, yeah I'm sure we can work topology in. Why not?

Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
i have never so much as opened a topology text but i watch physicists yell about topological invariants a lot. once someone drew a grid to explain how this winding number allowed them to do funky physical optics things, that's my topology story

That sounds like fun. Watching physicists take math, destroy all of the rigor and make it do cool stuff is a show on its own. We actually just came up onto winding numbers. Well, not exactly, we're doing them modulo 2 which is a simpler case. Full on that's alg topo which is next semester.
2017-10-05, 1:53 PM #14
Originally posted by Reid:
We actually just came up onto winding numbers. Well, not exactly, we're doing them modulo 2 which is a simpler case. Full on that's alg topo which is next semester.

You already know more about it than I do :D

Quote:
Watching physicists take math, destroy all of the rigor and make it do cool stuff is a show on its own

I'm taking a math methods class this term, and the professor was going over WKB theory and doing a perturbative expansion to get higher order terms. I asked him about the convergence of the series and he said "Don't do too many higher order terms. Physicists accept the first order, sometimes the second order; do not burn the midnight oil, stop while you're ahead."
I had a blog. It sucked.
2017-10-05, 3:12 PM #15
faces-of-math-methods.jpg
2017-10-05, 6:29 PM #16
Creation is the Harmonics of Opposites
Opposites are the Harmonics of Creation.

↑ Up to the top!