Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Massassi Thread Parade - Poll VII - The Poll Awakens - Can Koobie be rebanned?
Massassi Thread Parade - Poll VII - The Poll Awakens - Can Koobie be rebanned?
2017-10-05, 6:05 PM #1
we need blujay

kickbankline
2017-10-05, 6:22 PM #2
only if we ban the niku too
I had a blog. It sucked.
2017-10-05, 9:13 PM #3
Unlike the nipu, Koobie's posting actually results in people reacting to him (whether by responding to his posts or making their own threads in the same vein), thus increasing the activity level of these forums to a level that has not been seen in a long time.

A nice change of pace to Reverend Jones turning every thread into a Trumpfest (which actually rendered the most important poll made this year completely useless, gotta give him credit for that), or Eversor desperately trying to overtake Jones and Reid in the Pretentious Patrol olympics. Nice try, NEVER-sor! HA! Zing!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2017-10-05, 10:11 PM #4
Originally posted by Nikumubeki:

Wait... I wrote this???

Originally posted by Reverend Jones:
Anybody up for ritualized bouts of insanity? It would keep things fresh if every once in a while someone would take the initiative and start a thread, in which the remainder of the community coaxes him to climb down from his heightened state of mind and back to black and white reality. Maybe like a Massassi version of an acid test, or a shamanic rite of passage.

OTOH this could open the floodgates to chan-tier ****posters.

InB4 "Jones your entire post history is a sustained bout of insanity"

Well, Koobs, what can I say? It's just like Wookie said about us. I still hate you
2017-10-05, 10:14 PM #5
I guess what worries me is that it's not a bout.

A vanity card for Letterman's show once read that "Genius has no off switch". Maybe the same also applies for the opposite, though?
2017-10-05, 10:17 PM #6
My prescription is for Koobie to stay unbanned, but restrict his spam to very controlled channels, like one or two threads a week.

TBH, it's a big improvement already from getting in fights with every member that insults him.
2017-10-05, 10:39 PM #7
You know, Brian, since GBK has been slacking off with his administrating this year, maybe you should give me the admin rights so I can routinely ban a randomly selected person with wacky ban reasons such as "I didn't like the way he said "here"" or "He must be Darth Can(t)alo(u)pe in disguise" .
2017-10-05, 10:42 PM #8
That would be like Jafar gaining genie powers, or Trump becoming president.
2017-10-05, 10:51 PM #9
You can ban me, but it won't matter. History isn't cyclical. It's just very similar because it's all the same old me.

You can't make the SECOND IMPACT go way.

幻術
2017-10-05, 10:56 PM #10
You can always buy my book DOUBLE FIVE to support me. God knows I need the money: http://tyrovogel.com/

About me:

幻術
2017-10-05, 10:58 PM #11
Quote:
You can ban me, but it won't matter. History isn't cyclical. It's just very similar because it's all the same old me.

You can't make the SECOND IMPACT go way.

What if we just blocked all Hungarian IP addresses?
2017-10-05, 11:01 PM #12
My work is well-received.

We are not human.

I am a space ninja wizard, flying through time.

And the stars are my destination.

幻術
2017-10-05, 11:03 PM #13
You're a great person, Reverend Jones! You don't need to belittle me!

I love you! You are me. :)
幻術
2017-10-05, 11:04 PM #14
are we dancer
2017-10-05, 11:08 PM #15
I love you Jon'C!

The Girl with the Scarab Necklace is such a better title than

THE CRIMSON TIDE

:psyduck:
幻術
2017-10-05, 11:16 PM #16
Originally posted by Reverend Jones:
or Trump becoming president.

i c what u did there to yet another thread!

Mr. Funny Man!

2017-10-06, 12:42 AM #17
I think we need to covfefe Koobie
former entrepreneur
2017-10-06, 5:10 AM #18
You really listed your occupation as genius?
2017-10-06, 6:58 AM #19
What, do you think he's not a genius or something?
former entrepreneur
2017-10-06, 7:04 AM #20
I am a genius.

And so are you. :)
幻術
2017-10-06, 7:11 AM #21
Witness my theatrical act.
幻術
2017-10-06, 7:21 AM #22
Welcome to the Massassi Temple.

Leave your soul at the door. :psyduck:
幻術
2017-10-06, 10:22 AM #23
P.S. I'm funny :)

:neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard:

(and I'm good at my job)
幻術
2017-10-06, 10:53 AM #24
Look, Koobs, you've got to relax a bit.

If your specific project threads get ignored, veering other threads off-topic* with links and zaniness to promote your stuff will certainly tick some people off, and it certainly won't actually make people check your projects out (in a reasonable way, at least).

And I should know, I'm in the same boat as you are. Despite making a Jedi Knight level/video chock full of references to the Golden Age of JK/MotS SP Editing, not a single person has commented on it in any way since the level was released almost 2 years ago.

The target audience for that video has significantly dwindled down in the past 10 years, so now when I think about it, it wasn't that smart of me to try and get more views for it by linking to the video 'round here (especially now). I tried it anyway, because before posting the link I was still quite certain that Massassi was the only site left where someone could have possibly enjoyed the video in some way. But now, having learnt my lesson, I know that promoting my projects here is not something I'll try again in the future.

In other words, the people on these forums won't form the target audience you'd want for your projects, so my tip for you would be to chill out in that regard. Sharing your thoughts and memories about JK on a thread about thoughts and memories 'bout JK is good stuff, but dipping into zany line breaks and the like is a bit too much.

* = Veering threads off with "This thread does not deliver", on the other hand, is perfectly valid if the thread merits it (e.g. 99% of the threads made this year), because Antony (the Grand Admiral of that phrase) hasn't been around in ages to do it instead. And that man was a master at putting down people like Eversor, Reid and Reverend Jones who still try to claim (whether implicitly or otherwise) that their posts have merit compared to Koobie's.
2017-10-06, 11:07 AM #25
Thanks for the tip. :) I'm looking forward to playing TODOA when I can! :)

This thread delivers!
幻術
2017-10-06, 11:23 AM #26
Originally posted by Nikumubeki:
And I should know, I'm in the same boat as you are. Despite making a Jedi Knight level/video chock full of references to the Golden Age of JK/MotS SP Editing, not a single person has commented on it in any way since the level was released almost 2 years ago.

Speaking of, I keep meaning to find out if my voice acting contribution to one of the Magrucko levels got used, and if so, if someone was so kind as to upload a video of it in use.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2017-10-06, 11:25 AM #27
We're all in this boat together. :)
幻術
2017-10-07, 12:13 AM #28
Good luck, Koobie.
2017-10-07, 12:19 AM #29
Honestly, I think The Massassi Temple has served its purpose for me for the foreseeable future.

You are all fantastic!

When / if you want to make it a community for editing video games (non-meta), give me a shout. Until then, so long. And thanks for all the fish!

[https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLgi-LqW0AAW1Gp.jpg]
幻術
2017-10-07, 12:21 AM #30
screencapped
2017-10-07, 12:24 AM #31
Goodbye

2017-10-07, 1:55 AM #32
P. S. I have discovered why my online handle is Koobie thanks to your signature! Thank you. By putting those black squares over some parts of my name, I'd read it as K O O B I C K because that's a Russian word for "cube" if you fill in the blanks.

[https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a6/Rubik%27s_cube.svg/250px-Rubik%27s_cube.svg.png]

кубик рубик
Rubik's Cube
or just кубик
cube
幻術
2017-10-07, 2:25 AM #33
Let go of the chains of your beliefs, my friend.

You are extraordinary.
幻術
2017-10-07, 3:28 AM #34
Ban Koobie.
former entrepreneur

↑ Up to the top!