Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Good luck, Koobie
Good luck, Koobie
2017-10-07, 10:29 AM #1
Good luck in life, Koobie.

Thanks for checking out this video and listening to one of the tracks from the Deus Ex: Nihilum soundtrack by RetroXor.

Cheers.
-FGR
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2017-10-07, 11:26 AM #2
that is a nice track
I had a blog. It sucked.
2017-10-07, 10:17 PM #3
You know, I just glanced at Koobie's posts back in July, right after being unbanned. Sure, he got into an argument with Jon`C almost right away, and didn't respond to criticism well. But he didn't go totally nuts spamming the place like he's been doing this past week, and seemed to fit in well enough.

But then you look at hist post history, and see that the last 8 pages are from October alone, with progressively more obnoxious threads being started. I get the feeling that at some point he got bored of this place and just decided to go out with a bang and spam it up.

Have we become so boring that even Koobie is too impatient to stick around?
2017-10-07, 10:20 PM #4
Yes.

But it's not hopeless. Maybe EA will make a Star Wars game that's worth modding.
2017-10-07, 10:57 PM #5
lol
I had a blog. It sucked.
2017-10-09, 5:06 AM #6
He's gone again?

good
nope.
2017-10-09, 6:36 AM #7
What happened? Did Koobie bail out, or was he kicked out. I missed it.
2017-10-09, 6:49 AM #8
He kept saying he was going to bail amidst all his other spam so a few of us asked Brian to ban him and here we are
I had a blog. It sucked.
2017-10-09, 8:55 AM #9
If that was suppose to be Russian meddling, it wasn't a very good job.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2017-10-09, 11:56 AM #10
Don't forget the part where a said that it wouldn't matter if we banned him because you can't stop the second coming of Koobie

The fellow is off his rocker
2017-10-09, 1:07 PM #11
He contacted me a few weeks ago about doing some freelance work for the game he's working on. In the middle of the coherent information I got things like this gem.

"I worked in multis for at least 10 years of my life. I am blessed today, although highly disorgonized and wasteful with my time, so from my almost 31 years of age I can recommend to never give up on your dreams and follow your passion. Also, maybe not get married without co-living with your partner for at least 2 years. My dad gave me same advise, I didn't listen. But it's all good. God works in mysterious ways. Work isn't work if you love what you do (as long as you are honest with yourself about doing it)."
-Koobie 2017
My blawgh.
2017-10-09, 1:15 PM #12
That's actually kind of sweet.
2017-10-09, 1:20 PM #13
So guys, who should we invite back next? Note that it has to be someone with some actual interest in returning, so almost everyone is out. I bet there are one or two of those people among the currently banned, though.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2017-10-09, 1:23 PM #14
Instead of inviting banned members back, how about we try to win unbanned members back? I bet there are a lot of people who wouldn't even know it if somebody started a non-Trump thread that interested them, simply because they've already stopped checking this board.
2017-10-09, 1:26 PM #15
Originally posted by Reverend Jones:
That's actually kind of sweet.

Yeah, kind of. I just feel like he forgot who his audience was in the PM. I'm 30 and married. It just felt kind of like he was benevolently bestowing sagely platitudes to someone a decade younger than him that he wasn't in the process of trying to hire.
My blawgh.
2017-10-09, 1:41 PM #16
Quote:
he forgot who his audience was

Oh.

Well, judging by his public posts, it seems to me that he is only ever talking to himself anyway.

I once heard that screenwriters did a lot of marijuana, because it helps you get through repetitive tasks, and it makes you think things that are only mildly amusing to be hilarious or deep. So it makes a lot of sense to combine this kind of low effort writing with a laugh track, and boom! You have The Big Bang Theory, and also a whole lot of money.

But then you normally don't hear about the other possibility, that of the failed writer, self-publishing and self-medicating on cannabis in order to fullfill a similarly repetitive, but ultimately unfulfilled professional life, only for want of an audience. The pot makes him think that what he is saying is anything more than completely insignificant to others, so that he can repeat it every day like a broken record, and the unfulfilled career gives him the anxiety that creates the itch to shove it in our faces.

Look, if you're reading this, Koobie, I don't mean to be too harsh. I think it's great that you're pursuing your dreams in life and I would be wrong to paint you as some sort of complete failure. I think you should keep at it. I also understand that as a writer, it becomes an impulse to put every idea down to the page. At the end of the day, though, I think your insecurities probably got the better of you.
2017-10-09, 1:45 PM #17
Of course, let's not forget that at the end of the day, a lot if his motivation for gaining sympathy was no more than shameless self-promotion. And that deserves no less than our harshest condemnation.
2017-10-09, 1:52 PM #18
Let's get "saberopus" back up in here, that dude was well liked for his idiosyncratic posting style and the way he loved to roughhouse in debate threads. And who can forget the renown he received for his masterpiece JK level, Traitors Of Dathomir: Obscene Alliance.
2017-10-09, 2:28 PM #19
I think Zloc_Vergo is a pretty cool guy. Eh postss noise and doesnt afraid of anything.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2017-10-09, 4:48 PM #20
I think this forum is just aching for Phantom-Seraph. Sure he was a try-hard when he got on these boards over a decade ago, but once that died down he's consistently been overly passive and ignorable.
My blawgh.
2017-10-09, 4:49 PM #21
saberopus what have you done
2017-10-09, 5:15 PM #22
what about me you ****os why dont you unban me
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2017-10-09, 5:42 PM #23
I called it. What a giant waste of time unbanning him. Unless the drama was the point?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2017-10-09, 6:03 PM #24
Originally posted by Freelancer:
I called it. What a giant waste of time unbanning him. Unless the drama was the point?

It was an internet equivalent to a prostate exam.

I actually don't know what I mean. Help
2017-10-09, 6:15 PM #25
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
It was an internet equivalent to a prostate exam.

I actually don't know what I mean. Help

I think I know what this means and it's making me question everything
former entrepreneur
2017-10-09, 6:18 PM #26
Sometimes people change for the better. Sometimes they don't. Worth a try, though :-|
2017-10-09, 6:22 PM #27
Thanks for keeping Massassi running through 2017, btw.
2017-10-09, 6:55 PM #28

Hey Kevin, how's your hairline holding up these days?
2017-10-09, 11:06 PM #29

love your sig

maybe we should ban FGR next, and then consider unbanning him later?
I had a blog. It sucked.
2017-10-10, 6:51 AM #30
shameless self-promotion.

Keywords Activated

[Keywords Removed!]
2017-10-10, 10:56 AM #31
Originally posted by Phantom-Seraph:
He contacted me a few weeks ago about doing some freelance work for the game he's working on.

In fact, it all started with this:

Originally posted by June 13th 2017:
<BrianL> Nikumubeki I got an email from Koobie today; he wants to offer you a paid level design job"

Which led to me commenting on the matter to Kroko, which led to his thread, which led to the unban and so on.
2017-10-10, 11:33 AM #32
Did you accept the offer?
2017-10-10, 11:41 AM #33
Did you accept the offer?

I don't know about Nikumubeki, but I got on board. He wanted me to draw character profiles, and possibly create character skins. Things were put on hold till the beginning of next year though.
My blawgh.
2017-10-10, 2:36 PM #34
Originally posted by Steven:
Hey Kevin, how's your hairline holding up these days?

Oh it's up all right.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2017-10-17, 4:10 PM #35
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Yes.

But it's not hopeless. Maybe EA will make a Star Wars game that's worth modding.

Definitely not anytime soon.
2017-10-17, 4:19 PM #36
Quote:
“Throughout the development process, we have been testing the game concept with players, listening to the feedback about what and how they want to play, and closely tracking fundamental shifts in the marketplace,” Söderlund said. “It has become clear that to deliver an experience that players will want to come back to and enjoy for a long time to come, we needed to pivot

Somebody just kill me already
2017-10-17, 9:10 PM #37
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:

Full disclosure, I was being suuuuuuper sarcastic.

I actually know a bunch of people from the business side over there (professionally, not personally). Hearing that they were working on a linear story based Star Wars game at all actually astonished me. I was told in no uncertain terms that EA is transitioning their entire organization to the EA Sports model. That was a few years ago. The big takeaways about the EA Sports model are predictability and consistency in process, and the way they achieve that is via regular release cadence and asset reuse. But there's more to it than just that. There's a lot of emphasis on providing a frankly thin game, mostly with a multiplayer arena-like or tournament-like gameplay so the core narrative can be player-driven, and using career management as a hook. Linear, narrative-based singleplayer games are essentially at odds with this business model.
2017-10-18, 3:17 AM #38
Speaking of video game business models, Activision patented a technique of maximizing microtransaction profits that amounts to sticking bad players against good players to encourage them to buy overpowered items.
2017-10-18, 6:09 AM #39
Ooh boy, this morning I found out that calculus students really do not get sequences and series.
2017-10-18, 9:22 AM #40
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Yes.

LOL Wut? Even if that happened, I doubt things would go back to "the good old days".
Nothing to see here, move along.

↑ Up to the top!