Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Holy crap... found some old stuff
Holy crap... found some old stuff
2017-10-15, 7:20 PM #1
Someone emailed me asking about old "Serious Editing" files. It was a sister site to Massassi that had Serious Sam editing tutorials and level files. I was able to find a set of tutorials (not sure whether it's a complete set) but it's all PHP3 with database connections and stuff so I need to do some more work to actually export them to something usable.

As an aside, I had a whole crapton of stuff backed up to CDRs and about half of them just won't read anymore. What a waste of time and effort :( Seriously pisses me off how much stuff I lost. I may have the files I'm looking for on backup hard drives somewhere, I'll keep looking.

Anyway, I did find some really funny stuff. All the levels I've ever released. Lozier Project. 5600 Block. manowars3 (has a level of mine in it called Obelisk). Plus like every .jed file I ever made.

I found my first ever web site called "The Red Zone" which was really stupid (but did contain a link to jediknight.net).

I also found 2 iterations of the "saberworks" web site. This was an editing group a few of us put together. We had an awesome idea for a story and we made a lot of progress on individual levels but only one of us ever finished and released a level (the plan was a 7-level SP level pack). EvanC was the one who released a level: https://www.massassi.net/levels/files/12.shtml

↑ Up to the top!