Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243
Results 1,681 to 1,685 of 1685

Thread: Anything games

"Has it won yet?"

Quote Originally Posted by Reid View Post
    My stereotype of the average GameStop customer is a teenager or the parent of a teenager. In either case they won't spend the money to buy a VR headset, that's going to be purchased only by rich kids and young people with income, who don't shop at GameStop.
    Sure, didn't say it was a good idea.

That said, if the field of VR is going with all this walled content gardens, surely there has to be a physical front of sorts to entice more people to play in those gardens.
    SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
    -----------------------------@%

IIRC, the only thing I've ever gotten from the (Finn) GameStop was this used XBox 360 version of DX: HR - Collector's Edition in 2012 - which indeed was covered in fingerprints and odd marks due to having been on the display shelf.

When I bought it (strictly for the extra material, since ofc I had and played the game itself on PC), the clerk said something like "dang, I was hoping I could have bought it instead". Fuh-reaky.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DXCavalcade.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	260.0 KB 
ID:	28530

Admiral of Awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by ECHOMAN View Post
    Sure, didn't say it was a good idea.

That said, if the field of VR is going with all this walled content gardens, surely there has to be a physical front of sorts to entice more people to play in those gardens.
    Theyve been doing that at places like the Microsoft Store and Best Buy. I’m sure HTC and Facebook have been paying them to do it, but it also makes business sense because VR is a complementary good for other things those stores sell (computers, software).

GameStop doesn’t have any of the PC centric vertical, so they’re already at a disadvantage selling VR headsets. Then there’s the fact that they don’t sell any higher margin complementary goods, not games (walled garden) or PC hardware. Sounds nice on paper but it’s not worth them doing it from a business perspective.

"Has it won yet?"

Makes sense. The Microsoft store in NYC even has a HoloLens demo area. Not my cup of tea with all the exaggerated hand gesturing (maybe ver. 2 is better).

GameSpot really is dead in the water. I guess they can just do the inevitable rebranding of itself with a passive new logo.
    SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
    -----------------------------@%

I always like seeing that while FGR has been forgotten - DXN will be remembered:

https://games.mail.ru/pc/articles/fe...des_i_sejchas/