Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344
Results 1,721 to 1,737 of 1737

Thread: Anything games

(Either that or they fired all their limited partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by Impi View Post
    LP?
    Loss Prevention
    $do || ! $do ; try
    try: command not found
    Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Jones View Post
    Yep, since this is retail:
    Attachment 28539

Law Pretender?
    Sorry for the lousy German

Quote Originally Posted by Darkjedibob View Post
    Loss Prevention
    Ah, I think we call them controllers in Germany.

My father called them bean counters.

Likes Kittens. Eats Fluffies

Admiral of Awesome
    Not so fast etc.

$3.64 this morning, which is oof. To be fair, most of the game industry is down 5% this morning. The financial media has been suggesting it’s because US lawmakers spent the weekend blaming video games for right-wing street violence (which makes sense; they played tons of violent video games in the Weimar Republic, too, but I guess that is more pertinent to the Trump/America RIP thread). I guess we’re supposed to believe that stock speculators think there’s a 5% chance governments will start regulating them, but if it didn’t happen when they were trying to give children gambling addictions, it probably isn’t going to happen now. More likely the markets finally pricing in the fact that AAA publishers’ business models are almost as straight ****ed as GameStop’s is.

Oh, but I read another Forbes contributor editorial this morning. Did you know GameStop is dying because of digital?

Look at the mess that we're in. Look at the mess that we're in. As far as the digital, I agree to parts of what Jon`C said, we should be better than anybody else, and perhaps we're not.

That reminds me of how Chinese bots haven't edited my TVTropes article (that I had to edit myself, ofc) yet https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p.../DeusExNihilum

Admiral of Awesome
    Hmm, a new GameStop article on seekingalpha. Let’s see....

Honestly, it would take years, and likely billions of dollars for Amazon to create the same setup from scratch. Just buy GameStop for less than $500 million upfront!!! That's a proposed $1 billion bid at $11 a share.
    ok I guess maybe amazon could find something to do with some cheap mall leases, I guess, maybe, because they couldn’t get any of those already. but why would Amazon pay a $7 premium per share, that just doesn’t

Disclosure: I am/we are long GME.
    ohhhhh

Admiral of Awesome
    Amazon, I made an oopsie with my retirement fund, please bail me out it will only cost you 3x more than what the company is worth

I’m concerned because when the remastered Ghostbusters game is released on Switch, the physical copy of the game will only be available at GameStop. And I want a physical copy, damnit!

No Man's Sky is finally on sale for half off in various places. Good time to buy or is this one that will continue to drop sooner rather than later at this point? It looks like an update is coming which adds VR. Not really a thing I'm looking to take advantage of but I've kept the game on my wishlist to monitor for price drops.
    "I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

Yeah, go for it. Unless you're really super concerned about the possibility of it being an additional 10% off in some other sale months down the road.

Saw this on 9gag:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Baahahah.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	28541

Admiral of Awesome
    Gamestop just laid off another 14% of its staff workers. I'd heard something a few days ago but wasn't sure whether to believe them, oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sherman, who according to Bloomberg is a "retail veteran", wants to unclutter stores and refocus on the top-selling products. Bold moves.

Admiral of Awesome
    https://www.barrons.com/articles/big...2?mod=hp_DAY_1

Michael Burry, whose prescient bet against subprime mortgages before the financial crisis was depicted in the book and movie The Big Short, is making another contrarian call: going long shares of GameStop.

On Monday, his firm, Scion Asset Management, revealed that it had sent a letter to the board of GameStop (ticker: GME) urging the company to fully execute the $237.6 million remaining on its current $300 million share-buyback authorization. The statement also disclosed that Scion now owns 3 million shares of GameStop, or about 3% of shares outstanding.
    Burry is "going long on GameStop" but is also demanding that they execute a stock buyback that would nearly take the company private. Uh huh.

I guess it would be a pretty cheap way of buying a big company if GameStop bought all of the outstanding shares except his.
    Last edited by Jon`C; 08-22-2019 at 06:40 AM.