Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Finland adopted Black Friday a couple of years ago
Finland adopted Black Friday a couple of years ago
2017-11-20, 3:29 AM #1
and now they're calling this whole week "Black Week" so they can extend the one day of selling more stuff than usual into seven days. Does that **** happen in the US? We have no actual Black Friday tradition since we obviously don't have a Thanksgiving, so it's entirely for marketing.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2017-11-20, 3:35 AM #2
Ours is in February.

:P
2017-11-20, 3:38 AM #3
But seriously: I never went out on Black Friday, although I bet some stores have smaller discounts in the days leading up to it.
2017-11-20, 4:19 AM #4
While they don't call it "Black Week" or anything like that, they do start offering Black Friday sales a week or two in advance. Thanks to the ability to order online, the reliance on "door buster" deals or Friday-only sales is slowly starting to wane.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2017-11-20, 7:45 AM #5
Amazon tried to import it here a few years ago and some shops have latched on to the concept, but it's essentially just them trying to shift unshiftable cheap crap to idiots because it's "a bargain".
nope.
2017-11-20, 9:22 AM #6
Black Friday deals suck now.

Also, I feel like Newegg sucks now. What happened to that site.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%

↑ Up to the top!