Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Block Chain Hype is Officially Beyond Logic and Reason.
Block Chain Hype is Officially Beyond Logic and Reason.
2017-12-21, 8:23 AM #1
http://www.nasdaq.com/press-release/long-island-iced-tea-corp-to-rebrand-as-long-blockchain-corp-20171221-00468

Long Island Ice Tea put the term "Block Chain" in their company name and so far their stock is up 500%. It took me a long time to convince myself that it wasn't satire.
2017-12-21, 8:55 AM #2
Add the slightest hint that you're part of the current craze, cash out before the bubble pops, profit!
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2017-12-21, 10:20 AM #3
Definitely.

However every post on the internet like this spreads the hype and makes me even richer.

Soon I will be more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Luckily that company has like a $70 mil market cap, so we aren't exactly in large companies adding .com to their names bubble territory yet.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2017-12-21, 11:26 AM #4
I definitely know what a blockchain is, but can someone please explain it to my eight year old brother who shares this computer with me?
2017-12-21, 11:36 AM #5
Originally posted by Steven:
I definitely know what a blockchain is, but can someone please explain it to my eight year old brother who shares this computer with me?

its a 4 dimensional spreadsheet that lives between a bunch of computers
2017-12-21, 11:42 AM #6
My brother wants to know what's so special about that
2017-12-21, 1:11 PM #7
i have 69 cryptocurrencies
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2017-12-21, 1:24 PM #8

probably nothing since humans and all of our works aren't special and we are all going to die and be forgotten

lets see what he thinks of that!
2017-12-21, 1:47 PM #9
Originally posted by mb:
i have 69 cryptocurrencies

congrats on the financial indep... wait, debtor’s priso... wait, no, it’s fabulous wea... ...beer money?
2017-12-21, 1:58 PM #10

A fault-tolerant eventually consistent distributed database that stores records in a Merkle tree.
2017-12-21, 2:15 PM #11
Originally posted by Jon`C:
records in a Merkle tree.

I'm in zone 6b do you think they will grow here?
2017-12-21, 3:57 PM #12
do u have a green house?
2017-12-21, 4:15 PM #13

Think of it as a historical record. You can add to the record any time you want, but only if most people agree with what you’ve added. And once you’ve added something it can never be changed. And it’s all done on computers.
2017-12-21, 4:16 PM #14
Originally posted by Spook:
its a 4 dimensional spreadsheet that lives between a bunch of computers

Whoa, 4 dimensions???
2017-12-21, 4:17 PM #15
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Think of it as a historical record. You can add to the record any time you want, but only if most people agree with what you’ve added. And once you’ve added something it can never be changed. And it’s all done on computers.

It's almost as if we need a blockchain for the news to stop Trump supporters from spreading fake news!

:laughingemoji:
2017-12-21, 4:29 PM #16
do u have a green house?

I am actually taking a greenhouse management class next semester which will be great because I live in a frozen hellscape. Well, it's supposed to be that, but it keeps getting warm. I will ask the instructor if i can start a german chancellor tree
2017-12-21, 4:30 PM #17
Originally posted by Reid:
Whoa, 4 dimensions???

yeah but it can only move in the 4th dimension one way, sort of like us, so I guess its just a 3d spreadsheet
2018-01-01, 10:53 AM #18
A decentralized Steam competitor that stores entitlements in a blockchain. Game publishers and authorized dealers add entitlements to a blockchain when purchased. End user private key and the entitlement can be used to decrypt encrypted game data, which can be served over bittorrent.

Once built, if broadly accepted, it would increase game publisher revenues between 25% to 43% due to elimination of platform rents.

↑ Up to the top!