Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → norwegian heavy metal cover of Toto's "Africa"
norwegian heavy metal cover of Toto's "Africa"
2018-05-29, 9:47 AM #1
Sorry, don't know how to play this video :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH9FyLsfDzw

This is literally everything I've ever wanted.

(not posting in the music forum because it's deader than the characters from Rogue One)
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2018-05-29, 10:06 AM #2
I love all aspects of it but her harmonizing. The original's harmony was fine, why'd she change it?
2018-05-29, 10:15 AM #3
non-flash link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH9FyLsfDzw
2018-05-29, 3:56 PM #4
I was listening to FM radio this morning (shut up, its the only option in my work van) and I heard Weezer's cover of Africa that was apparently inspired by a twitter campaign started by a 14-year-old girl name Mary.
2018-05-29, 7:22 PM #5
What's wrong with listening to the radio? Anyway, funny that people are messing with science's favorite song.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2018-05-29, 8:04 PM #6
Originally posted by Wookie06:
Anyway, funny that people are messing with science's favorite song.

wat?
I had a blog. It sucked.
2018-05-30, 7:44 PM #7
https://www.grammy.com/grammys/news/totos-africa-sciences-take-best-song-ever
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2018-05-31, 10:23 AM #8
Something about this seems totally charmless.

I like the Weezer one though. They always seem Very Serious about Having Fun when they do stuff like this.
nope.
2018-06-01, 6:01 PM #9
Originally posted by Reid:
I love all aspects of it but her harmonizing. The original's harmony was fine, why'd she change it?

I spoke incorrectly here. The original's harmonizing isn't fine. It isn't close to fine. It's absolutely flawless. It's perfect and haunting. I can't imagine how much they practiced to sound that good:

2018-06-01, 6:17 PM #10
but the song still sucks
2018-06-01, 6:51 PM #11
Originally posted by Reverend Jones:
but the song still sucks

blocked
2018-06-01, 6:53 PM #12
Just kidding.

Well, not just kidding. Although I'll be the first to confess I have a soft-spot for naively consonant harmonizing. Nevertheless, even Judith got sick of singing the same pop ditties over and over to swooning crowds and packed it up to mix things up a bit with a much less successful but probably more enjoyable jazz career.
2018-06-01, 6:55 PM #13
but the song still sucks

This is why Trump won
2018-06-01, 7:11 PM #14
Just kidding.

Well, not just kidding. Although I'll be the first to confess I have a soft-spot for naively consonant harmonizing. Nevertheless, even Judith got sick of singing the same pop ditties over and over to swooning crowds and packed it up to mix things up a bit with a much less successful but probably more enjoyable jazz career.

We all have our vices

↑ Up to the top!