Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → | |i || |_
| |i || |_
2018-06-02, 10:57 AM #1
It's been 10 years.
2018-06-02, 1:19 PM #2
listn her u little ****

so sorry for ur loss
rip in piece

EDIT:this was supposed to go on reddit im so sorry anons
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2018-06-02, 2:57 PM #3
bored kids, meet dead kid. Good to think I had a life enough in 2008 to have completely missed the stupid ass memes that apparently were also popular in that era. Kind of hard to avoid now though.

But seriously, congratulations to Tim for breaking out of that relationship. Did he push her down the stairs?
2018-06-02, 3:42 PM #4
Originally posted by Reverend Jones:
bored kids, meet dead kid. Good to think I had a life enough in 2008 to have completely missed the stupid ass memes that apparently were also popular in that era. Kind of hard to avoid now though.

what's having a life like?
2018-06-02, 3:54 PM #5
it's just like the time in your childhood, before you had so much free time on your hands while sitting behind a desk that you could justify making room for this kind of regular meal:

2018-06-02, 4:11 PM #6
I do think that spreading Santorum memes all over the web is tantamount to a flagrant violation of the Second Commandment. The Sodomites over at 4chan (and those they spread memes to) are surely overdue for divine judgement.

[quote=Neil Postman]
I might add that my interest in this point of view was first stirred by a prophet far more formidable than McLuhan, more ancient than Plato. In studying the Bible as a young man, I found intimations of the idea that forms of media favor particular kinds of content and therefore are capable of taking command of a culture. I refer specifically to the Decalogue, the Second Commandment of which prohibits the Israelites from making concrete images of anything. "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water beneath the earth." I wondered then, as so many others have, as to why the God of these people would have included instructions on how they were to symbolize, or not symbolize,their experience. It is a strange injunction to include as part of an ethical system unless its author assumed a connection between forms of human communication and the quality of a culture. We may hazard a guess that a people who are being asked to embrace an abstract, universal deity would be rendered unfit to do so by the habit of drawing pictures or making statues or depicting their ideas in any concrete,icono-graphic forms. the God of the Jews was to exist in the Word and through the Word, an unprecedented conception requiring the highest order of abstract thinking. Iconography thus became blasphemy so that a new kind of God could enter a culture. People like ourselves who are in the process of converting their culture from word-centered to image-centered might profit by reflecting on this Mosaic injunction. But even if I am wrong in these conjectures, it is, I believe, a wise and particularly relevant supposition that the media of communication available to a culture are a dominant influence on the formation of the culture's intellectual and social preoccupations.
[/quote]

N.b.: This post has nothing to do with homosexuality, the modern definition of sodomy, or the trope that AIDS is God punishing gay people, with the exception of some ****ty wordplaying off of the (blasphemous?) image of my last post
2018-06-02, 4:24 PM #7
That said, Trump becoming president is definitely 4chan giving US AIDS, which we might say is punishment for letting 4chan exist (or at least, making us sorry that we ever allowed it to give a voice to the losers in unfair economics or just life in general).
2018-06-02, 4:43 PM #8
Either that, or by wiring up the world in a globally connected network, the (intellectual / technology-optimistic) elite who built it were doomed to one day be shocked that rather than raising up the uncultured to their level, it instead reduced the entire species an earlier epoch, where the point of interacting with others was to get them to "eat **** and die".
2018-06-02, 7:32 PM #9
I have literally no clue what this thread is about.
2018-06-02, 7:37 PM #10
Originally posted by Jon`C:
I have literally no clue what this thread is about.

Ctrl + Alt + Delete webcomic made a stupid comic that had been parodied to death and back, today was the 10 year anniversary of it. The OP is a reference to the webcomic.
2018-06-02, 7:48 PM #11
https://old.reddit.com/r/me_irl/comments/8o2zoq/me_irl/

It's been flowing around today in remembrance of some of the most obscure, particular memes floating around.
2018-06-02, 7:57 PM #12
:.:;
JKGR
2018-06-02, 8:33 PM #13
Originally posted by Reid:
Ctrl + Alt + Delete webcomic made a stupid comic that had been parodied to death and back, today was the 10 year anniversary of it. The OP is a reference to the webcomic.

...and, apparently, the author of the comic made this particular strip based on his own personal experience of having gotten out of a "toxic relationship" in college by way of a miscarriage (following an unexpected pregnancy).
2018-06-02, 8:34 PM #14
https://old.reddit.com/r/me_irl/comments/8o2zoq/me_irl/

It's been flowing around today in remembrance of some of the most obscure, particular memes floating around.

bouncing around the ****-o-sphere
2018-06-02, 8:44 PM #15

Also, is the comic really that stupid? Or is it just that Ctrl + Alt + Delete is unfunny in general, maybe?

In particular, I find it hard to believe this particular comic was meant to be humorous in any way, which would make the "parodies" spurious IMO. But I'm not familiar with the brand of humor of Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
2018-06-02, 8:49 PM #16
B^U
2018-06-02, 9:10 PM #17
I stopped reading CAD around the time the author killed off Ethan... which was also around the time the author started sending dick pics to minors on his forum. But I stopped reading because of Ethan.
2018-06-02, 9:17 PM #18
Also, is the comic really that stupid? Or is it just that Ctrl + Alt + Delete is unfunny in general, maybe?

In particular, I find it hard to believe this particular comic was meant to be humorous in any way, which would make the "parodies" spurious IMO. But I'm not familiar with the brand of humor of Ctrl + Alt + Delete.

It was definitely meant to be serious. Ctrl + Alt + Delete is unfunny, but that comic appeared with no pre-warning or much overall story, the 3-4 webcomics immediately before it were just jokes. It had never before had a serious tone. The author was already at odds with the community, so the one-off melodramatic comic which ended the only chance for any interesting character development was met poorly. Then the memes started, and here we are today.
2018-06-02, 9:19 PM #19
I stopped reading CAD around the time the author killed off Ethan... which was also around the time the author started sending dick pics to minors on his forum. But I stopped reading because of Ethan.

Sending dick picks before the days of smartphones took some real effort. Guy was dedicated to being a pervert, I suppose.
2018-06-02, 9:20 PM #20
It was definitely meant to be serious. Ctrl + Alt + Delete is unfunny, but that comic appeared with no pre-warning or much overall story, the 3-4 webcomics immediately before it were just jokes. It had never before had a serious tone. The author was already at odds with the community, so the one-off melodramatic comic which ended the only chance for any interesting character development was met poorly. Then the memes started, and here we are today.

As an analogy, it would be like as if one day, you opened the newspaper and the Garfield strip had Jon Arbuckle rushing into the vet clinic because Garfield got hit by a car. No jokes, just a random one-off serious strip.
2018-06-02, 9:32 PM #21
Still better than Questionable Content.
2018-06-02, 9:41 PM #22

OK, I take back my dire philosophizing on media and humanity. The author sucks at making comics and the memes were well-deserved rotten tomatoes, not flying ****.
2018-06-03, 10:01 AM #23
Still better than Questionable Content.

You're right, jfc:

[http://www.questionablecontent.net/comics/2993.png]

You have to really put effort into being that unfunny.
2018-06-03, 10:03 AM #24
OK, I take back my dire philosophizing on media and humanity. The author sucks at making comics and the memes were well-deserved rotten tomatoes, not flying ****.

Basically, yeah. In some other context it could have been good.
2018-06-03, 11:20 AM #25
You're right, jfc:

You have to really put effort into being that unfunny.

Also, no idea what happened, but I forgot to check it for a couple of months and when I came back everybody was gay and having sex with pink robots.

↑ Up to the top!