Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Ben Shapiro and TheReportOfTheWeek are Dualistic Harbingers of the Apocalypse
Ben Shapiro and TheReportOfTheWeek are Dualistic Harbingers of the Apocalypse
2018-07-24, 7:54 PM #1
Discuss
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2018-07-24, 8:20 PM #2
Little known fact, Ben Shapiro's political works are his second job. His first passion is playing the date rapist in every Lifetime original TV movie.
2018-07-24, 8:23 PM #3
holy **** lmfao
2018-07-24, 8:26 PM #4
roll that clip jon
2018-07-24, 8:29 PM #5
What am I supposed to do with reviews of fast food? Is the food still considered "fast" if I have to think about what's in it?
2018-07-24, 8:36 PM #6
You watch them ****wad
2018-07-24, 8:37 PM #7
I'm about 6 minutes into the Dunkin Donut Fries review as we speak
2018-07-24, 8:38 PM #8
"What beverage would you recommend with the donut fries?"
2018-07-24, 8:43 PM #9
You should watch the classics like the dominos pepperoni deep dish
2018-07-24, 8:46 PM #10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar5bsNkxsmo

and dont forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6FQbadEmO8

You can listen to his shortwave radio show too
2018-07-24, 9:06 PM #11
i've never heard of any of these people

but I love that disabled people can get still be successful in this country
2018-07-24, 9:18 PM #12
god damn
2018-07-24, 9:28 PM #13
Originally posted by Steven:
i've never heard of any of these people

but I love that disabled people can get still be successful in this country

yeah, "great success" alright
2018-07-24, 9:34 PM #14
You know, as much as I despise YouTube(/Internet) personalities/celebrities/whatever, I've come to realize that I actually hate TVTropes a lot more.

"Hey, this seems like a classic trope/for-some-reason-an-entry-on-this-godawful-site. Hey, look at those Shakespeare and Plato entries under literature, man, this one's a classic. Oh, look---- 50 examples from My Little Pony fanfics, 500 examples from furry webcomics, and 50-500 examples from YouTube personalities I had never heard of before - and if I happened to check their trope entries, I'm sure that I'd wish I hadn't!"
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2018-07-25, 12:03 AM #15
2018-07-25, 12:33 AM #16
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Little known fact, Ben Shapiro's political works are his second job. His first passion is playing the date rapist in every Lifetime original TV movie.

Ben Shapiro is what happens when you take the kid who got swirlied in middle school and make it a political philosophy.
2018-07-25, 1:10 AM #17
I prefer Shelly Shapiro.
Sorry for the lousy German
2018-07-25, 1:16 AM #18
Can somebody remind me why Ben Shapiro is famous again? Does it have something to do with the alt. right, and that Milo guy (IIRC)?
2018-07-25, 1:17 AM #19
nm I googled it

[quote=someone on Quora who is suspiciously knowledgeable about petty alt. right politics]
Q: Why don't Ben Shapiro and Milo Yiannopoulos get along?

A: The Michelle Fields incident triggered the fallout, though it may have occurred eventually anyway.

Shapiro, a Cruz supporter, sided with Fields after the alleged assault on her by Corey Lewandowski, Trump’s campaign manager at the time. Shapiro resigned his position as editor-at-large at Breitbart, decrying Breitbart for their lack of loyalty and ethics and calling out Trump’s camp for what he thought (still thinks) was an assault. Milo, a Trump supporter, sided with Breitbart.

In the aftermath, Shapiro has become something of a whipping boy of the alt-right. Even though Shapiro is as conservative as they come, he's anti-Trump, which makes him the equivalent of a Hillary supporter to many in the young Trump camp. Shapiro has thus been pinned against Milo, one of the most prominent figures of the alt right.
[/quote]

https://www.quora.com/Why-dont-Ben-Shapiro-and-Milo-Yiannopoulos-get-along
2018-07-25, 1:22 AM #20
Originally posted by Reid:

This video cuts out just before we get the chance to meet Architect of Dominos Pizza >:{
2018-07-25, 1:25 AM #21
Originally posted by Reverend Jones:
Can somebody remind me why Ben Shapiro is famous again? Does it have something to do with the alt. right, and that Milo guy (IIRC)?

I'd heard of him before but never really got a handle on what he believes. It turns out there's a good reason for that, because he doesn't seem to believe anything: he's an unprincipled contrarian. Apparently that passes for a personal philosophy these days.
2018-07-25, 2:02 AM #22
nm I googled it

Even though Shapiro is as conservative as they come, he's anti-Trump, which makes him the equivalent of a Hillary supporter to many in the young Trump camp. Shapiro has thus been pinned against Milo, one of the most prominent figures of the alt right.

https://www.quora.com/Why-dont-Ben-Shapiro-and-Milo-Yiannopoulos-get-along

I couldn't decide so here's all of them.

"Young Trump". That sounds so familiar. Something about "Trump", and "Youth"... maybe it wasn't about Trump, but someone a lot like him? Man, this is gonna bug me.

"Young Trump camp", is that what ICE calls take your daughter to work day?

"Young Trump camp". Oh, is that what ICE is calling them now?

Milo's only in the "young Trump camp" because he's not allowed within 500 yards of any other one.

How bad do you have to be for a pedophile to hate you?

Some days it seems like everybody who supports Trump is either a pedophile or on RT. Or, in Milo's case, both.

How bad do you have to be for Ben Shapiro to call you unethical??

There isn't a single noun in this post that isn't revolting.

Somehow, you've managed to write a post where the least offensive noun is "quora.com".

How bad of an employer do you have to be for a millennial who makes racist social media posts to fire you?

I thought Milo liked whipping boys.

Milo prefers the men pinned against him to be much younger.

This won't turn out to be the only fallout from the Trump campaign, but it might be the least literal.
2018-07-25, 2:07 AM #23
he's a rock n roll bad boy

that's why on his podcast there are so many sick whammy bar-filled guitar riffs
former entrepreneur
2018-07-25, 3:29 AM #24
I think Ben Shapiro is the first person I've ever heard of who was a Ted Cruz supporter. lol
former entrepreneur
2018-07-25, 6:05 AM #25
he's an unprincipled contrarian

That explains a lot. (How else can someone simultaneously write for Breitbart and also oppose Trump?)
2018-07-25, 6:31 AM #26
That explains a lot. (How else can someone simultaneously write for Breitbart and also oppose Trump?)

The barrage of antisemitic attacks against him might've contributed.
former entrepreneur
2018-07-25, 6:47 AM #27
I get the impression that Bannon really transformed Breitbart after its founder, Andrew Breitbart, died, and Bannon became the editor-in-chief. Breitbart was a provocateur, but I don't think his politics were as explicitly white supremacist as Bannon's politics are.
former entrepreneur
2018-07-25, 8:53 AM #28
I'd heard of him before but never really got a handle on what he believes. It turns out there's a good reason for that, because he doesn't seem to believe anything: he's an unprincipled contrarian. Apparently that passes for a personal philosophy these days.

as far as I'm aware, he's kind of on the Fox News level of reporting, but tends to focus on topics the alt-right is obsessed with like college campuses, the "muslim invasion of europe". he used to write for breitbart until some incidences with antisemitism (whodathunkit)

if you check out his website the daily wire, you'll see a bunch of really unimportant articles about unimportant things. check this out:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/33543/policy-unintended-consequences-ben-shapiro

Quote:
One of the great lies of modern politics is that when a policy fails, it's because someone just didn't care enough. It's a nostrum repeated frequently: If President Trump were to only care more about immigrant children, he'd find a way to unite them with their parents; if Democrats were to only care more about the homeless, they'd find a way to clean up Los Angeles and Seattle; if Republicans were to only care more about the sick, they'd find a way to bring down insurance premiums.

In reality, most failures are simply the result of unintended consequences.

this is pretty bad writing. as in, this is the level of writing i'd expect from a college freshman writing an essay. it's structured and sounds that way. it's also wrong, because most people who are politically informed are pretty aware that often things happen coincidentally to other things.

tho at least he wrote this which is nice to see:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/33544/shapiro-national-review-perils-owning-libs-ben-shapiro

overall his website strikes me as really banal, a bunch of typical conservative cultural outrage with little of importance to say on any of it.
2018-07-25, 9:46 AM #29
Originally posted by Reid:
as far as I'm aware, he's kind of on the Fox News level of reporting, but tends to focus on topics the alt-right is obsessed with like college campuses, the "muslim invasion of europe". he used to write for breitbart until some incidences with antisemitism (whodathunkit)
so “in opposition to the left”. huh, wonder what that’s called.
2018-07-25, 10:11 AM #30
what's it called when slate and mother jones do it in opposition to the right? just call it that
2018-07-25, 10:19 AM #31
what's it called when slate and mother jones do it in opposition to the right? just call it that

partisanship?
former entrepreneur
2018-07-25, 11:30 AM #32
A few weeks ago I listened to two episodes of his podcast just to see what it was like an I had to stop. Like a lot of media now, it's about the attitude that it tries to inculcate in you as a listener. As far as what its specific attitude is, I thought it was quite similar to Fox News, in that it's trying to plug you in to the outrage machine. But it's also trying to turn you into a paranoid right-winger, with the veneer of being some kind of rebellious iconoclast. "Facts don't care about your feelings" is a pretty good way of summing it up: it's all about being strident opposition rooted in a belief that you're armed with cold hard facts and arguments (to own the libs).

I can see how he'd be a gateway to radicalization and the alt-right. I can imagine if you're a teenager and nobody around you believes what Ben Shapiro is telling you, you could listen to it and believe you're exposed to a truth that isn't confirmed by the common sense judgments and moral convictions of people in your life -- in short, that you're being red pilled.
former entrepreneur
2018-07-25, 12:11 PM #33

Are Slate and Mother Jones opposed to the right, or are they opposed to the Republicans? These are not the same thing.
2018-07-25, 6:00 PM #34
Milo and Ben fell out because Milo wants to kill all the Jews and all the Arabs and Ben only wants to kill all the Arabs.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2018-07-25, 6:26 PM #35
2018-07-25, 6:45 PM #36
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
Milo and Ben fell out because Milo wants to kill all the Jews and all the Arabs and Ben only wants to kill all the Arabs.

But what’s Ben’s opinion about buggering children?
2018-07-25, 6:47 PM #37
He leaves that to James Gunn
2018-07-25, 6:53 PM #38
Originally posted by Spook:

I don't even know why I watch these.
2018-07-25, 6:58 PM #39
Look at that sauce action. Wow.
2018-07-25, 7:57 PM #40
sawz

↑ Up to the top!