Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → NES Classic
NES Classic
2018-07-31, 10:17 PM #1
I've been trying to get ahold of an NES Classic since they were originally released (but unwilling to pay scalper prices). They're always out of stock at local stores and online. I check every now and again and gamestop is listing them as in stock and allowed me to order one with free shipping. Not sure if it will actually ever show up but just in case anyone else is looking to order one...

https://www.gamestop.com/nes/consoles/nintendo-nes-classic-edition/136574

The SNES Classics seem to be much easier to find. Over time I have bought one for myself, one for each of my two brothers in law, and then just today one for my real brother. Two were at a physical Amazon store (Bellevue) and two were at different times at Target.

BTW, I'm finally back from wherever I've been so I'm going to try to catch up on emails and private messages tomorrow.
2018-07-31, 10:19 PM #2
Looks like best buy has it in stock, too: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-entertainment-system-nes-classic-edition/5389100.p?skuId=5389100
2018-07-31, 10:24 PM #3
I found both at the same drug store. It seems like the best bet is to look for businesses that stock some electronics (especially toys) but without much internet presence.
2018-07-31, 10:32 PM #4
Hmm, the drugstores around here are all chain stores (Walgreens, Rite-aid, CVS) and the only electronics I've seen in them are the hand-held black-and-white single-game things. I can't even find a photo of one on google for some reason. Something a grandmother would buy for her grandkids :-|

Another place to look would be Fred Meyer. They don't sell anything online but usually have stuff like that in their stores.
2018-07-31, 10:34 PM #5
I almost got a C64 Mini but since you can't apparently use classic C64 programs on it just like that on the go, I skipped it.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2018-08-01, 1:00 PM #6
Got a shipping confirmation. Cool.

I ordered an extra NES Classic Controller from Best Buy since nobody else seemed to have them in stock. A few hours later I got a notice from Best Buy that they signed me up for their spam lists and they provided no unsubscribe link. Some day I'll learn to not trust Best Buy for anything. Grrrrr.

↑ Up to the top!