Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Facebook to WhatsApp: Make Money
Facebook to WhatsApp: Make Money
2018-08-05, 3:43 AM #1
https://www.wsj.com/articles/facebooks-new-message-to-whatsapp-make-money-1533139325?mod=rss_Technology

Ads to come next year. Man, it was good while it lasted. I remember the guy (one of the guys?) who sold WhatsApp to the Devil commented that he hopes Facebook will retain his philosophy of a free app with no ads.

I know, I know. Businesses are in a business to make money. I just wish that in this case Facebook had settled for selling my personal info and the content from my "private" messaging that's relevant to advertisers. It's been a convenient app.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2018-08-05, 9:25 AM #2
lmao good thing crypto is going to replace both haha
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2018-08-13, 1:59 AM #3
His "philosophy" of a free app? So who added the paid plan to WhatsApp (which was practically scrapped before it came into full effect, but it was there)?

The stupid thing is that in Germany you are more or less required to have a WhatsApp account because all the small sports clubs for children organize their events over WhatsApp.

The German justice minister wanted to force messengers to be interoperable with others, but I don't think that's ever going to happen.
Sorry for the lousy German
2018-08-13, 5:28 PM #4
Well thank God he's got his priorities straight!
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

↑ Up to the top!