Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Paintball
Paintball
2018-08-15, 8:43 PM #1
Anyone here into paintball? Seems like maybe 9 years ago I was into it enough to go pretty often during the summer but then I sort of stopped going. My son is now 12 and he recently got invited to a birthday party at the (yes, single, we only have one now) local paintball field. I went with him and we both had a blast. Two weeks later we went again (and brought my sister and brother-in-law with us).

Although I still had all my gear, my guns weren't working very well. I spent a couple of weeks working on them and I think they are mostly ok now but both times we were there they both malfunctioned and I ended up renting guns. Not wanting to go through that again I ended up buying more ... ugh.

Anyway, just curious if anyone here plays and how serious you are.
2018-08-15, 9:06 PM #2
I haven't been. My gf got me tickets for my b-day. I want to go. I just can't find the time... :(
2018-08-15, 9:41 PM #3
About ten years ago I had a group of friends that would all play about once a month. We would go to a spot in the woods and run around for a few hours. Slowly, people got married or moved away until there were only a couple of us left. I never really enjoyed playing at real paintball fields with strangers, so I sold all of my stuff to some weird dude from some star wars forum, and haven't played since. I want to start again though, I really enjoyed it. My sons are still too little, but in a few years they will be old enough.
2018-08-16, 4:25 AM #4
I used to play on a regular basis, even worked at the field for a while. Still have all my gear, but locally the field keeps moving around (probably run by active military guys, so they get re-stationed). There's a permanent setup that broke ground recently, so maybe we'll have some stability in that respect. Of course, I injured my back a few years ago, so I don't know how it'll go over moving around like that again.

If I do manage to start playing again, there's more gear that I want that I never got around to buying; namely a bipod for my X7 and also a pistol.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2018-08-16, 4:48 AM #5
I usually paint both.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2018-08-16, 6:35 AM #6
i used to play in high school and thought it was a blast. last time you went was about (oh my god it actually has been) 5 years ago, I'd really like to go again. unfortunately i don't think it's easy to get out to a field from where I live without a car
I had a blog. It sucked.
2018-08-16, 7:25 AM #7
I played one time. It was p. fun.
2018-08-20, 12:59 AM #8
Played one time with some colleagues. It was really fun. We had to drive a while though, to find a field. I think it's hard for paintball in Germany. It's seen by many as too violent. Not too long ago you actually had to drive to Holland to find a field. Don't know if it was illegal in Germany, but it was nearly. It's still only allowed for adults, as far as I know.

Laser tag seems to fare a bit better. But I've never tried that.
Sorry for the lousy German

↑ Up to the top!