Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Political Omnibus Dumptruck
Political Omnibus Dumptruck
2018-08-19, 8:13 PM #1
Alright, since it looks like I've managed to muck up yet another thread by bringing up politics when it wasn't appropriate, I hereby inaugurate this here landfill for future dumb pinging of political content ad nauseam, so that it may be composted.
2018-08-19, 8:19 PM #2
Dedicated to the memory of Ted Stevens (R) of Alaska.
2018-08-19, 8:30 PM #3
But we already have one of these.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2018-08-19, 8:45 PM #4
This one is strictly for dumb content. I don't understand what's going on in the other one anymore because I'm too dumb.
2018-08-19, 9:22 PM #5
Originally posted by Reverend Jones:
This one is strictly for dumb content.

Giving every post on this forum from January 20th 2017 onwards too much credit, eh.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2018-08-19, 9:28 PM #6
On that day we all became geniuses. It was the first moment of my life when I decisively knew I was smarter than the POTUS.

But alas, I feel now I ought to resign from the pretentious patrol, and become dumb, and dumber, and...
2018-08-19, 9:30 PM #7
wait, what's the goal here? that if you have some dumping of political bs that springs to mind in another thread, you'll post it here instead? or that when you do post it in that thread, someone moves it to this thread? or what. I dun get it
2018-08-19, 9:31 PM #8
It's a bucket for things that I can't help but post, but can't because it wouldn't be polite to derail an otherwise non-political discussion.

The actual Trump thread has become far too high-brow for me, so consider this my dumb competition.

Alternatively, such posts can be redirected to /dev/null
2018-08-19, 9:34 PM #9
Originally posted by Reid:
Was the EU good? I assume many people here really enjoyed it, seeing as what forum we are on. I read a few Zahn books but I can't recall so much now, and I never got much into that world very deeply.

The EU sucks, big time. I only eat freedom fries with my hamburgers.
2018-08-19, 9:34 PM #10
This one is strictly for dumb content. I don't understand what's going on in the other one anymore because I'm too dumb.

I wrote posts nobody is ever going to read on the economics of WW2. I think the Trump thread is kinda the dumping ground for political topics. My post was more pure history as I don't feel ranty much lately, so there's that.
2018-08-19, 9:40 PM #11
Oh and https://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?67781-Massassi-Bread-Parade-New-Forum-Structure&highlight=
2018-08-19, 9:45 PM #12
fgr lost the popular vote
2018-08-19, 9:45 PM #13
Originally posted by Reid:
I wrote posts nobody is ever going to read on the economics of WW2. I think the Trump thread is kinda the dumping ground for political topics. My post was more pure history as I don't feel ranty much lately, so there's that.

I read them a little bit. But there was very little emotional activity in my brain during that period of time. :)
2018-08-19, 9:50 PM #14
fgr lost the popular vote

So my proposal should have been carried out?
2018-08-19, 9:52 PM #15
Also, I think time will reveal my thread to be bigger than Eversor's.
2018-08-19, 9:54 PM #16
Wait a minute, it looks like he actually won the popular vote. What happened?
2018-08-19, 9:56 PM #17
If you remove those who voted for multiple options + my self-serving self-vote, it was a tie.

Yet "Ban FGR" still got the most votes, but the popular vote meant nothing so I'm still here! WOW ALLEGORIES
2018-08-19, 9:59 PM #18
In case anybody is keeping track, I just beat the last record for shortest number of posts it took to derail a thread into a Trump discussion:

Originally posted by Eversor:
Another irony is that if someone makes more threads, they're all going to turn into political discussions if they last long enough.

So, Trump 2020?

(Edit: is that a record?)
2018-08-19, 10:00 PM #19
Originally posted by Nikumubeki:
Yet "Ban FGR" still got the most votes, but the popular vote meant nothing so I'm still here! WOW ALLEGORIES

^ that's basically 90% of the posts in the Trump thread, I don't see what the problem is here
2018-08-19, 10:00 PM #20
Also, I think this thread is basically going to be **** Massassi Says, aka how Jones boosted his postcount with one weird truck
2018-08-19, 10:01 PM #21
In case anybody is keeping track, I just beat the last record for shortest number of posts it took to derail a thread into a Trump discussion:

congrats
2018-08-19, 10:07 PM #22
I just beat the last record for shortest number of posts it took to derail a thread into a Trump discussion:

You know, this thread is quite the contender for "how long will it take until this thread is re-railed to actually be on-topic"
2018-08-19, 10:09 PM #23
Compared to say, this thread, where Jon's "let's assume for a moment that FGR might be a human being who acts like a human being in the human world" de-rail kinda stuck
2018-08-19, 10:17 PM #24
Missed that one. Besides, just start a new thread when it's his next inauguration.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2018-08-19, 10:31 PM #25
In less than two years, the Trump thread has nearly overtaken the other two 10k post threads, so I doubt my plan would succeed in 2020. Or that it'd have succeeded anyway even if I had gotten mb or GBK to close the thread.

Instead, I'm going to keep the OG What are you listening to thread alive by posting on it at least once a day (which I guess I should have been doing all the time), even if it just happened to be the same three songs I tend to listen at any given time.
2018-08-19, 10:34 PM #26
Originally posted by Wookie06:
Missed that one. Besides, just start a new thread when it's his next inauguration.

[https://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/nooooooo_luke_skywalker.gif]
2018-08-20, 6:32 AM #27
If you're constantly getting the urge to post things in various threads that instead might belong in the Inauguration (running political commentary/discussion) Thread, then post them there! If you're constantly getting the urge to post things in various threads that don't belong there or in the Inauguration thread, and also don't warrant their own threads, errr, maybe just don't post them.

I don't think it's a big deal either way, but it sounds like you're specifically planning for a loose, potentially unconnected series of stream-of-consciousness, vaguely off-topic "compostable" posts...
2018-08-20, 6:34 AM #28
Anyway, I'm a sign, not a cop.
2018-08-20, 6:37 AM #29
It's almost as if I've been saying these exact things for 1.5+ years now.
2018-08-20, 9:52 AM #30
Originally posted by saberopus:
If you're constantly getting the urge to post things in various threads that instead might belong in the Inauguration (running political commentary/discussion) Thread, then post them there! If you're constantly getting the urge to post things in various threads that don't belong there or in the Inauguration thread, and also don't warrant their own threads, errr, maybe just don't post them.

I don't think it's a big deal either way, but it sounds like you're specifically planning for a loose, potentially unconnected series of stream-of-consciousness, vaguely off-topic "compostable" posts...

Perhaps it is just my imagination then that the inauguration thread isn't already filled with mostly compostable material.

And yeah, for my sake (and everybody else's), maybe the posts I have in mind simply shouldn't be posted (in either thread).
2018-08-20, 10:03 AM #31
Start a tumblr
former entrepreneur
2018-08-20, 10:30 AM #32
I'd read it. But I also don't think your posts are very disruptive
former entrepreneur
2018-08-20, 11:09 AM #33
It's the posts about the posts that are disruptive! The truth was right in front of us all along.
2018-08-20, 12:15 PM #34
Originally posted by Eversor:
I'd read it. But I also don't think your posts are very disruptive

Political posts seem to bother some more than others.
2018-08-20, 3:06 PM #35
Bingo.
2018-08-20, 8:47 PM #36
So... that makes (one of) you the Political Koobie?

↑ Up to the top!