Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Little Debbie Apple Flips
Little Debbie Apple Flips
2018-09-07, 9:55 AM #1

They were my favorite snack, but Little Debbie discontinued them a long time ago. I emailed them about twelve years ago asking where to find them (they were still listed on their website) but I was told it was old info and they didn't make them anymore. I was sad.

Then last week I was in Wally World to buy school supplies for my kids and I find this:

It's basically Apple Flips, but shaped differently. I bought a box and they taste mostly the same as Apple Flips (as near as I can remember, it's been a long time). I'm going to go back and get some more.

What is your favorite discontinued snack/food that you wish you could find again

Also, don't say Hi-C Ecto Cooler, because duh, we already know that.
2018-09-07, 10:00 AM #2
I wish they still had Starburst hard candies. They blew Jolly Ranchers out of the water, but as far as I know they were only around for a few years in the late '00s.

That said, I never buy or eat candy, so I guess I just... am remembering them fondly, or whatever.
2018-09-07, 10:12 AM #3
Originally posted by Steven:
What is your favorite discontinued snack/food that you wish you could find again

Costco stopped carrying Sabatasso’s deluxe deep dish mini pizzas, so for all intents and purposes they have been discontinued. They now stock the thin crust ones which are hot garbage imo.

Before Costco they were manufactured for Schwan’s, which also used to have a pizza ring thing. That was pretty good. As far as I’m aware they went out with Schwans (and the 1990s).
2018-09-07, 10:54 AM #4
Sour Altoids
2018-09-07, 11:05 AM #5
Man I love those things. Every Fall they come out with Pumpkin versions of those and they're really good as well. For a while the Apple ones were available on the east coast only and you could order them from retailers there; I didn't realize they had actually completely stopped making them. This makes me want to go to walmart!! argh

2018-09-08, 11:17 PM #6
I don't know when they were discontinued but Vlasic used to have a Hot and Spicy Garden Mix. I have vivid memories of packing a couple jars in my rucksack in Panama in the early nineties. They had another version that I liked less, Zesty Garden Mix, that looks to be recently discontinued as well. At least Zima's making the rounds again!
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2018-09-09, 12:55 AM #7
I think all the discontinued food I missed from my childhood was continued again, hail nostalgia! Fanta Mango and Nogger Choc (don't know if the have different American names/counterparts)

Now that I think about it there's one thing. There was this red/white mixed lollipop. The red was normal lollipop stuff. But the white stuff was some fizz (I think google translate failed me here) stuff that frothed and bubbled in your mouth and left the red stuff over which continued to cut up your palate. I guess the last part is why they were discontinued. But to me it somehow only added to the whole experience.
Sorry for the lousy German
2018-09-09, 7:08 AM #8
It's bizarre but all the snacks that I've enjoyed as a kid are still around, like Cape Cod chips, those Capri Sun things, Warheads, Chuckles, etc. Freaking Chuckles is still here, those multi-colored sugar squares. Even the website from my youth is still here too. Massassi, freaking Mass-ass-i.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2018-09-09, 11:55 AM #9
I went to two local wal-marts in search of Apple Flips and no luck :(
2018-09-09, 4:43 PM #10
KICK pop.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2018-09-09, 7:01 PM #11
Originally posted by Brian:
I went to two local wal-marts in search of Apple Flips and no luck :(

I can mail you a couple of boxes
2018-09-09, 7:04 PM #12
I got some squeeze it's for my boys (well, the kool aid version). I tried one and it was nasty. Were they that nasty in the early 90s?
2018-09-10, 7:36 AM #13
I know what you mean. I can rarely stand McDonald's now. The food just hasn't tasted the same since they ditched the styrofoam.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2018-09-10, 9:53 AM #14
My mom was really against store bought junk food, so she made her own. I grew up with homemade cookies, brownies, and stuff. But in the last few years my mom jumped onto the gluten free none-GMO bandwagon and everything she makes tastes like cardboard now. So yeah, I would consider those snacks I grew up with discontinued.
My blawgh.
2018-09-10, 9:59 AM #15
I found a product locator on little debbie's website and it says the closest store that sells them is about ~30 miles from me. It might be worth a trip. Thanks for the offer, though.
2018-09-24, 8:15 AM #16
Originally posted by Impi:
I think all the discontinued food I missed from my childhood was continued again, hail nostalgia! Fanta Mango and Nogger Choc (don't know if the have different American names/counterparts)

Now that I think about it there's one thing. There was this red/white mixed lollipop. The red was normal lollipop stuff. But the white stuff was some fizz (I think google translate failed me here) stuff that frothed and bubbled in your mouth and left the red stuff over which continued to cut up your palate. I guess the last part is why they were discontinued. But to me it somehow only added to the whole experience.

OMG, I found them! Some candy stand at a funfair had them. I bought 20 of them and they still taste like I remembered them.

And I was wrong, it wasn't the red stuff, that cut you up, it's the white stuff, because it doesn't "melt" uniformly and gets coarse and rough and sharp.

Sorry for the lousy German
2018-09-24, 1:55 PM #17
Haha death by candy, what better way to go?
2018-09-24, 2:52 PM #18
Hey Impi we had those in the states too. I don't know what they are called but I know I've had them

Brian did you ever get the apple flips?
The pumpkin snacks were pretty good.
2018-09-25, 7:17 AM #19
Nope. They're tantalizingly close. Their product finder now says they're located only a mile from me!!!

Quote:
1.45 Bangor Nsb Comm 2604 Ohio St Silverdale, WA 98315

However, it's on a military base and I can't go there. Arrrgghhhhhh!

↑ Up to the top!