Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → You know what? Screw it.
You know what? Screw it.
2018-10-11, 7:42 AM #1
The Han Solo movie was pretty good, don't @ me.
former entrepreneur
2018-10-11, 8:02 AM #2
it was a lot better than I was afraid it would be.

but yeah, hmm.

yeh
2018-10-11, 9:07 AM #3
forgot to say: eversor I applaud your bravery in posting this thread, you're my actual hero
2018-10-11, 9:13 AM #4
someone had to say it
former entrepreneur
2018-10-11, 9:25 AM #5
someone had to shine a light in the darkness

because the cinematography/lighting crew sure didn't, heyoooooOOOOOooo
2018-10-11, 9:27 AM #6
It wasn't as bad as everyone said. It certainly wasn't excellent, but it was totally decent.

I give it the Makeshift Walking Trashcan Droid Award of Mediocrity™.

2018-10-11, 9:29 AM #7
I heard it wasn't bad, but I have no plans to see it. Glad you enjoyed it.

just not TLJ! jk i dont really care enjoy that too
2018-10-11, 9:33 AM #8
Originally posted by Eversor:
don't @ me.

You've made much improvements in the Reid & Jones Squad so far.

Maybe one day it'll be the Eversor Squad, but not tonight.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2018-10-11, 9:40 AM #9
Ok here is my ranking of the Disney SW movies:

1. Rogue One
2. Solo
3. TFA
4. TLJ
former entrepreneur
2018-10-11, 9:47 AM #10
Rogue One was the only movie outside of the original trilogy that I felt was genuinely good.

Dunno, maybe I just like Star Trek better?
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2018-10-11, 9:50 AM #11
Star Trek has gone to crap too.
2018-10-11, 9:56 AM #12
Dunno, never seen it.
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2018-10-11, 9:57 AM #13
I almost regret not remaking the Vader scene from Rogue One with Jar-Jar in Vader's place in JK.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2018-10-11, 9:57 AM #14
I am excited for the new Picard series.

And by excited I mean horrified. I can’t wait to see how they justify calling octogenarian Picard out of retirement to command a battlecruiser in non stop warfare. Which is all Star Trek is anymore.
2018-10-11, 10:04 AM #15
Originally posted by Jon`C:

And by excited I mean horrified.

Oh snap joncy with the head fake, broke my ankles
2018-10-11, 10:15 AM #16
I feel like the producers of Star Wars and Star Trek would be happier if they traded jobs.
2018-10-11, 11:10 AM #17
I tried watching Star Trek: Enterprise recently. I got through two episodes... Ugh. The tearful linguist being able to magically speak alien languages upon first contact (like immediately!) probably killed it for me but there was also them transporting space-slugs planet-to-planet and the time-phasing terrorist? I'd almost take the mushroom drive lunacy over this crap. Almost.
2018-10-11, 11:26 AM #18
Enterprise wasn't great. But even at it's worst it's better than Discovery.
2018-10-11, 12:35 PM #19
Solo was good and cool. Rogue One was bad but cool.
2018-10-11, 1:05 PM #20
Rebellions are built on hope and trust goes both ways, my dudes.
2018-10-11, 2:34 PM #21
Solo was more or less what I thought the Disney movies would turn out to be. A little light fun, something you can forget as soon as you walk out of the theater. And with Ron Howard directing you can usually be sure that it's going to be a normal movie. Usualy not great, but not bad either.
Sorry for the lousy German
2018-10-11, 2:46 PM #22
I liked a lot of the set and prop design in Solo. Some of the environments were pretty cool.
2018-10-11, 3:46 PM #23

And by excited I mean horrified. I can’t wait to see how they justify calling octogenarian Picard out of retirement to command a battlecruiser in non stop warfare. Which is all Star Trek is anymore.

Ye... it's like, you want it to be great, and Patrick Stewart will certainly do his part, but uh... I just can't imagine it will actually really be any good.
2018-10-11, 9:58 PM #24
I liked Enterprise.

Solo was dumb but fun in a weird way. I just look at it as entertaining fan fiction with some recognizable actors.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2018-10-11, 10:21 PM #25
Kind of funny how Star Trek and Solo are spanning at least three recent threads and now I'll draw a couple more into the mix. How great would it be if Disney bundled a VHS tape given the "last time ever" treatment with a tacked on interview of Lucas disavowing it with a Special Edition bluray with all kinds of silly changes and an included DVD with the original as aired but bootleg quality? Well, I think it'd be great!
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2018-10-12, 4:41 AM #26
I feel like the producers of Star Wars and Star Trek would be happier if they traded jobs.

Is the joke here that they're the same guy?
former entrepreneur
2018-10-12, 5:41 AM #27
Originally posted by Eversor:
Is the joke here that they're the same guy?

No! Actually Star Trek's ownership and management structure is super ****ed up. I was talking about the CBS people, not the Paramount people who don't work on Star Trek anymore because Paramount can't afford to make another one.
2018-10-15, 6:00 AM #28
Originally posted by saberopus:
someone had to shine a light in the darkness

because the cinematography/lighting crew sure didn't, heyoooooOOOOOooo

Not sure what the thinking behind that was though, contrasting with the colorful marketing when it premiered.

When movies change directors and corporate meddling becomes apparent, do movies just go dark and dull? Weird recent trend.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2018-10-15, 6:50 AM #29
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Not sure what the thinking behind that was though, contrasting with the colorful marketing when it premiered.

When movies change directors and corporate meddling becomes apparent, do movies just go dark and dull? Weird recent trend.

Not sure. I was mostly kidding, referencing others' complaints about the dullness. I don't disagree that the first half of the movie was very dour looking, but within that, I still liked the vibe.

On the first planet (Oh, was that Corellia?) I liked a lot of the dusky industrial environments with the glittery distant light fixtures. The uh, war planet (???) was a muddy mess, for sure. The... monorail... planet... was lit a bit better, but yeah, was still pretty gray. After that, the Slavery Is Bad planet was pretty cool, I liked the hot spring colors of that one, and then the desert chrome :cool: planet finish wasn't bad either.
2018-10-15, 6:50 AM #30
Star Wars more like Sand Wars amirite gangsters?
2018-10-15, 7:57 AM #31
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:

Movies are fugly as uck now. Tone mapping is the worst thing ever invented, it’s basically auto tuner for video.
2018-10-16, 6:47 AM #32
Jon Kasdan released some random notes about the movie: https://twitter.com/JonKasdan/status/1040529501870944256/photo/1

I can't help but feel like the Disney Star Wars movies are made by some guys saying "wouldn't it be cool if..."
Sorry for the lousy German
2018-10-16, 9:52 AM #33
Originally posted by Brian:
I tried watching Star Trek: Enterprise recently. I got through two episodes... Ugh. The tearful linguist being able to magically speak alien languages upon first contact (like immediately!) probably killed it for me but there was also them transporting space-slugs planet-to-planet and the time-phasing terrorist? I'd almost take the mushroom drive lunacy over this crap. Almost.

Like just about every Star Trek series, Enterprise started out weak. Season 3, though, and especially Season 4, really picked up for Enterprise though, which is a shame because it seemed like, given extra seasons, they would have delved into the Earth-Romulan conflict.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2018-10-16, 10:07 AM #34
Fans: Enterprise sure is a lot more interesting in season 3 now that the characters are growing and we have some reason to care about what’s happening. It’s sad that the growth is all trauma but at least it’s something.

Paramount: THE FANS DEMAND WAR.
2018-10-16, 2:31 PM #35
DS9 unfortunately set a precedent for that. Granted, it's not the takeaway that should be taken for what made the latter half of that series great, but there you have it.
2018-10-16, 2:35 PM #36
Yeah, it’s like... people don’t really know what they want, right? And if you ask them what they like they’ll tell you random crap.

“I love the dominion war it was so cool seeing all of the ships shoot at each other”

oh so which one is your favourite episode?

“umm, well I really liked In the Pale Moonlight”
2018-10-16, 2:37 PM #37
Also, if the Star Trek fans want any war depicted, I'd think they'd want to see World War 3. Though I suppose that's before the star trekkin' takes place...oh well.
2018-10-16, 2:41 PM #38
Yeah, it’s like... people don’t really know what they want, right? And if you ask them what they like they’ll tell you random crap.

“I love the dominion war it was so cool seeing all of the ships shoot at each other”

I now want to post the two lines that are both meme-worthy and yet way too moving. (ok, each with one more than the other)
2018-10-16, 3:55 PM #39

Its almost as if we artifically constructed wants, and its false metaphysics dont really dictate how we act.

↑ Up to the top!