Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Rusty Bucket in Chappell Nebraska
Rusty Bucket in Chappell Nebraska
2018-10-15, 9:05 PM #1
I had a sandwhich called the 420 when I stopped in this town.

https://the-rusty-bucket-restaurant.business.site/

In the morning, my car was surrounded by 60 or so wild turkeys.

Anyone have any more recommendations for rural Nebraska?
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2018-10-17, 12:07 AM #2
Unlike others on this forum, I'm not gonna ignore you, Spook.

I'm always amused by stuff like that from rural America. Perhaps your next stop will be this village: http://www.qwantz.com/index.php?comic=2176
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2018-10-17, 8:37 AM #3
The closest I got to Nebraska was when I was issued orders to Offut Air Force Base straight out of tech school. I found some sucker who traded me for Edwards AFB in CA and never actually had to go there. After arriving at Edwards and then spending 4 years there, I'm not sure who ended up being the sucker.
2018-10-17, 9:42 AM #4
You would be surprised at what the Lancaster CA area looks like now. It's an actual large city with stores and theaters and parks and is actually a pretty nice place. Except it's still in the middle of a hot stinky desert. People are moving there and commuting over the hill to LA.
2018-10-17, 12:24 PM #5
Yeah honestly it wasn't that different from where I live now when I was there (small mall, movie theater, costco, best buy, restaurants, car lots, etc.) except the climate and the crime rate. But remember Edwards AFB is like 45 minutes away or something.

But mostly it was the weather that was bad; it was just way too hot. I mean 115 is just ugh. I spent way too much time indoors (air conditioning).
2018-10-22, 8:29 PM #6
thanks for not ignoring me niku
Epstein didn't kill himself.

↑ Up to the top!