Thread: New Star Wars Game - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Administrator

New Star Wars Game - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/...e-on-april-13/

Respawn Entertainment, the studio behind Titanfall and Apex Legends, will reveal its new Star Wars video game at the Star Wars Celebration event in Chicago on April 13.
    I haven't played either Titanfall or Apex Legends (although I've seen my son play the latter briefly and it looked ok).

The studio behind CoD: Modern Warfare
    That's it - killing myself

Likes Kittens. Eats Fluffies
    Let's put this thread into hibernation for six weeks.

Likes Kittens. Eats Fluffies
    Hey I've been playing Apex Legends, your son probably killed me in it at some point

Doesn't care what his title is
    Christmas Cardmaker Extrordinarie

Quote Originally Posted by Nikumubeki View Post
    That's it - killing myself
    TBH, the MoH games were decent, up to - and including - Modern Warfare. That's the last one I enjoyed. The rest of the Modern Warare and Black Ops games weren't particularly good. Just more of the same, and they got very stale.

This Star Wars game might be OK if they avoid the microtransaction and battle royale garbage, though that seems unlikely.

Administrator
    The games my son plays nowadays seem so complicated. Like at their core they're just FPS games, but between every game, and actually in a lot of cases after every time he dies (call of duty, rainbow six, basketball, there are so many) there are so many interstitial screens. Screens where you open random boxes or play plinko or decorate your guns or change your armor or put dresses on your character or get begged to buy skins for $20 or whatever. And constant interruptions even in game about what achievement you accomplished or are about to accomplish or what your friend wants you to do or what call is incoming and they all obscure the game or at least the HUD.

Not all modern games are like this -- I enjoyed the parts of the new Doom and Wolfenstein games I played a couple of years ago. But I hope the new Star Wars game isn't like this. I won't be preordering (no matter the perks/discounts) but I'll try to keep an open mind.

Respawn is ****ing excellent and I have high hopes for this

Also I'd still change the Massassi.net copyright description from "© Copyright 1998-2016 Brian E. Lozier and Contributors" to "© Copyright 1998-2019 Brian E. Lozier and Contributors" *cough*

It's Stuart, Martha Stuart
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn[numbarz] View Post
    Respawn is ****ing excellent and I have high hopes for this
    We'll see a promising demo at E3, hear nothing about it for a year, and then it will be canceled.

Child's Play CharitySon of Krokodile XVI
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikumubeki View Post
    Also I'd still change the Massassi.net copyright description from "© Copyright 1998-2016 Brian E. Lozier and Contributors" to "© Copyright 1998-2019 Brian E. Lozier and Contributors" *cough*
    Maybe the copyright expired and we'll see a bunch of Massassi.net rip-offs as soon as people catch wind of the expiration.