Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bryar Pastol in JK2

The Bryar Pastol in JK2

Has there ever been a more useless weapon in a game? If you're like me then you use it to kill one (perhaps two) Ree-Eyes at the end of the first corridor and then that's it.

I may do a Let's Play just using it. Although I'd have to use the saber for the boss fights I guess?

Doesn't care what his title is
    Christmas Cardmaker Extrordinarie

I'm with you. I fired maybe five shots with it then never brought it out again. Not when there are storm trooper guns everywhere.
    In most games, the crappy default pistol has some kind of benefit: it's fast, it's quiet, it's strong, it's accurate or has infinite ammo or something. Not true with that Bryar pastol.
    Last edited by Steven; 01-16-2019 at 01:28 PM.

Of course in the original JK, it's a good fallback for long-range kills when the stormtrooper rifle has eaten up most of your ammo.

I don't even remember using any weapons in JK2 except for the saber and the stormtrooper rifle.

I vaguely remember using the secondary fire a lot at some part of the game. And wanting to have the same thing in JK.

^^vv<><>BASTART
    I use the Bryar to snipe targets whose AI hasn't activated yet. It's perfectly accurate, unlike the ST rifle, which fires in like a 10° cone.

Likes Kittens. Eats Fluffies
    Quote Originally Posted by Goit View Post
    Ree-Eyes
    what the **** is wrong with you

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Jones View Post
    I don't even remember using any weapons in JK2 except for the saber and the stormtrooper rifle.

haven't you heard of the ****ing rail detonator or concussion rifle

what the **** is wrong with everyone in this thread

they all think we're talking about JK2 because Goit said JK2, but we're talking about JK, he blew his cover by mentioning shooting "Ree-Eyes" (what the ****) "at the end of the first corridor."

raildet4lyf

I assumed he meant JK because of the three-eyes in the first corridor, but also mostly because I don't remember anything about JK2

Steven saw through the misdirection

edit: faulty research

I'm still mad that I never got to light saber fight darth vader in the temple level from goldeneye

Oh my God, Ree-Yees is kinda like Three Eyes, I get it now. Wow!

Oh, I get it now: Nobody I Know Understands My Uncontrollable Bryar Equipping Katarn Infatuation. Wow!

how long did that take sab

Interesting question, Steven, but did you notice how the title of the thread says bryar pastol, because I only just did.

^^vv<><>BASTART
    Quote Originally Posted by saberopus View Post
    what the **** is wrong with everyone in this thread

they all think we're talking about JK2 because Goit said JK2, but we're talking about JK, he blew his cover by mentioning shooting "Ree-Eyes" (what the ****) "at the end of the first corridor."
    Jedi Outcast: Jedi Knight 2: Dark Forces 3

Jedi Academy: Jedi Outcast 2: Jedi Knight 3: Dark Forces 4

^^vv<><>BASTART
    Oh, if it's Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, I guess the real full title would be Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II: II: Jedi Outcast

I'm going to say the full proper title for Jedi Academy is Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II: Jedi Academy, the sequel to Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II: II: Jedi Outcast
    Last edited by Reid; 01-16-2019 at 02:18 PM.

Oh, I get it now: Nobody I Know Understands My Uncontrollable Bryar Equipping Katarn Infatuation. Wow!
    Is that the "I wish you wouldn't shoot paying customers" guy in Level 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Reid View Post
    Oh, if it's Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, I guess the real full title would be Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II: II: Jedi Outcast

I'm going to say the full proper title for Jedi Academy is Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II: Jedi Academy, the sequel to Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II: II: Jedi Outcast
    It's like 2003 all over again up in here.

Also, Goit, I'm glad to inform you that Kroko played through Magrucko 3:

https://forums.massassi.net/vb3/show...=1#post1222982

haven't you heard of the ****ing rail detonator or concussion rifle
    yo, I said JK2, not DF2

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    I assumed he meant JK because of the three-eyes in the first corridor, but also mostly because I don't remember anything about JK2
    People remember JK2 so poorly they subconsciously read it as DF2

Does *anyone* at all even remember that there was a weapon in JK2 called the fettuccine launcher? Yeah, I didn't think so.

"Has it won yet?"

Does *anyone* at all even remember that there was a weapon in JK2 called the fettuccine launcher? Yeah, I didn't think so.
    I do.

Because it's a gun that shoots meatballs.

Edit: FLECHETTE launcher. Fettuccine, what the **** Jones???
    Last edited by ECHOMAN; 01-16-2019 at 03:46 PM.
    SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
    -----------------------------@%

Hmm, maybe a meatball launcher could have been better.

"Now I know how a meatball feels!"

Interesting question, Steven, but did you notice how the title of the thread says bryar pastol, because I only just did.
    Not true with that Bryar pastol.

Oopsie woopsie. DF2 obviously. I'd amend the thread title but it won't let me so i'll have to live with my shame.

Also 'Ree Eyes' is what they're called in Jed (if i recall properly... i doubt everything now).

Admiral of Awesome
    The Dark Forces logic was named Ree-Yees, after the character. His species is Gran. This was probably inherited by JK.

The Bryar Pistol shoots straight and uses half the ammo per shot. It's not useless.

Oof, missed that. But it was more of an evasive maneuver than a real question, anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Nikumubeki View Post
    Also, Goit, I'm glad to inform you that Kroko played through Magrucko 3:

https://forums.massassi.net/vb3/show...=1#post1222982
    Glad he enjoyed it! I think Dark Youth is the best thing I've ever made. Magrucko 3 was going to include a castle (inspired by Wolfenstein) but it was going to be a few more years work. I decided I needed to stop editing a game released 20 years ago not many people still play!

Quote Originally Posted by Goit View Post
    I decided I needed to stop editing a game released 20 years old not many people still play!
    All those times when JED/ZED crashed on us? It was actually a warning- nay, a feature.

Also, The Dark Youth indeed was a great mod - yet too hard for me, which is why I had to resort to cheating! Boh! One of my greatest shames!

Child's Play CharitySon of Krokodile XVI
    Not the most useful weapon for sure.
    Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.

^^vv<><>BASTART

Shoutout to 6 and 8 here, some fun-ass guns. Dark Forces had satisfying guns to use.

Jeron Fusion Cutter is trash. Waste of ammo to shoot slow moving projectiles with a uselessly massive spread (in its secondary fire mode). The Bowcaster in JK was a fantastic improvement, since the 'charge' mode of fire spread out from a singularity making it useful as a 'shotgun' in close quarters.

Packered Mortar Gun, OTOH, was probably my favorite gun (although I can't deny that the iconic Rail Det that replaced it is superior).
    Last edited by Reverend Jones; 05-24-2019 at 03:17 PM.

^^vv<><>BASTART
    Jeron Fusion Cutter is trash. Waste of ammo to shoot slow moving projectiles with a uselessly massive spread (in its secondary fire mode). The Bowcaster in JK was a fantastic improvement, since the 'charge' mode of fire spread out from a singularity making it useful as a 'shotgun' in close quarters.

Packered Mortar Gun, OTOH, was probably my favorite gun (although I can't deny that the iconic Rail Det that replaced it is superior).
    yeah but its cool, and thats all i care about

We'll see about that, when we face off in DARK FORCES MULTIPLAYER MODE

(Spoiler: finish Dark Forces before revealing)

I pick the phase 3 dark trooper character. Well, either that or Oddjob.
    Last edited by Reverend Jones; 05-24-2019 at 05:58 PM.

**** oddjob

i liked the fusion cutter because it felt like i was shooting bad guys with a power tool
    sniff