Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Likeability
Likeability
2019-02-20, 2:11 PM #1
What makes a person "likable?" (that word looks funny)

We've all met someone, or perhaps we are fortunate enough to be someone, who people instantly like. Some folks are just so damn affable you want to be their friend after knowing them for forty-five seconds.
What is it about such people?

I myself am not such a person. I tend to not say very much. I'm not anti-social nor am I an introvert; I usually do well in social settings, but it takes effort.

What qualities do such people possess that make them immediately liked? Can it be emulated?
2019-02-20, 2:20 PM #2
That's easy. They look like this:

2019-02-20, 2:26 PM #3
I can clearly see that Reverend Jones is one of those instantly disliked people
2019-02-20, 2:37 PM #4
]-:<
2019-02-20, 2:44 PM #5
I feel like I've stumbled into r/relationships
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2019-02-20, 3:08 PM #6
you spend a lot of time there zul?
2019-02-21, 5:25 AM #7
Some of the stories are downright hilarious.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2019-02-21, 5:35 AM #8
I don't know what it is but I've met these people. Even better, I liked someone I only knew through one or two online messages. And when I told my wife about him she told me that she had already met him and that he's a really cool guy.
Sorry for the lousy German
2019-02-21, 6:54 AM #9
Originally posted by Impi:
Even better, I liked someone I only knew through one or two online messages. And when I told my wife about him she told me that she had already met him and that he's a really cool guy.

Hey, thanks. We should meet up in person sometime!
2019-02-21, 7:06 AM #10
I've read more than two messages by you. :ninja:
2019-02-21, 8:31 AM #11
shiii
2019-02-22, 7:04 AM #12
I like sab.
nope.
2019-02-22, 7:59 AM #13
Which means that I like you even more!
2019-02-22, 11:10 AM #14
I intensely hate that I love that people (pretend to?) instantly dislike me.

ALSO, did nobody recognize that I posted a photo of TOM FROM MYSPACE? He has more friends than all of us combined
2019-02-23, 6:48 AM #15
Being tall with hair helps, I find. Not kidding.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2019-02-23, 7:12 AM #16
Originally posted by Reverend Jones:
I intensely hate that I love that people (pretend to?) instantly dislike me.

ALSO, did nobody recognize that I posted a photo of TOM FROM MYSPACE? He has more friends than all of us combined

youre so easy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negging
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2019-02-23, 9:06 PM #17
Originally posted by Steven:
What makes a person "likable?" (that word looks funny)

We've all met someone, or perhaps we are fortunate enough to be someone, who people instantly like. Some folks are just so damn affable you want to be their friend after knowing them for forty-five seconds.
What is it about such people?

I myself am not such a person. I tend to not say very much. I'm not anti-social nor am I an introvert; I usually do well in social settings, but it takes effort.

What qualities do such people possess that make them immediately liked? Can it be emulated?

Interesting. I haven't met someone like that for years. I've assumed it was just some phase of life where it's easier to bond with other people.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2019-02-24, 5:48 PM #18
Originally posted by Baconfish:
I like sab.

I like Certified Active Poster Boco

↑ Up to the top!