Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → New Star Wars Game - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
New Star Wars Game - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
2019-03-01, 7:44 AM #1
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/02/apex-legends-developer-respawn-will-reveal-its-star-wars-game-on-april-13/

Quote:
Respawn Entertainment, the studio behind Titanfall and Apex Legends, will reveal its new Star Wars video game at the Star Wars Celebration event in Chicago on April 13.

I haven't played either Titanfall or Apex Legends (although I've seen my son play the latter briefly and it looked ok).
2019-03-01, 8:33 AM #2
Quote:
The studio behind CoD: Modern Warfare

That's it - killing myself
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2019-03-01, 8:50 AM #3
Let's put this thread into hibernation for six weeks.
2019-03-01, 8:50 AM #4
Hey I've been playing Apex Legends, your son probably killed me in it at some point :cool:
2019-03-01, 9:04 AM #5
Originally posted by Nikumubeki:
That's it - killing myself

TBH, the MoH games were decent, up to - and including - Modern Warfare. That's the last one I enjoyed. The rest of the Modern Warare and Black Ops games weren't particularly good. Just more of the same, and they got very stale.

This Star Wars game might be OK if they avoid the microtransaction and battle royale garbage, though that seems unlikely.
2019-03-01, 9:31 AM #6
The games my son plays nowadays seem so complicated. Like at their core they're just FPS games, but between every game, and actually in a lot of cases after every time he dies (call of duty, rainbow six, basketball, there are so many) there are so many interstitial screens. Screens where you open random boxes or play plinko or decorate your guns or change your armor or put dresses on your character or get begged to buy skins for $20 or whatever. And constant interruptions even in game about what achievement you accomplished or are about to accomplish or what your friend wants you to do or what call is incoming and they all obscure the game or at least the HUD.

Not all modern games are like this -- I enjoyed the parts of the new Doom and Wolfenstein games I played a couple of years ago. But I hope the new Star Wars game isn't like this. I won't be preordering (no matter the perks/discounts) but I'll try to keep an open mind.
2019-03-01, 10:32 AM #7
Respawn is ****ing excellent and I have high hopes for this
2019-03-01, 1:15 PM #8
Also I'd still change the Massassi.net copyright description from "© Copyright 1998-2016 Brian E. Lozier and Contributors" to "© Copyright 1998-2019 Brian E. Lozier and Contributors" *cough*
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2019-03-03, 2:17 PM #9
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
;1224550']Respawn is ****ing excellent and I have high hopes for this

We'll see a promising demo at E3, hear nothing about it for a year, and then it will be canceled.
2019-03-03, 4:21 PM #10
Originally posted by Nikumubeki:
Also I'd still change the Massassi.net copyright description from "© Copyright 1998-2016 Brian E. Lozier and Contributors" to "© Copyright 1998-2019 Brian E. Lozier and Contributors" *cough*

Maybe the copyright expired and we'll see a bunch of Massassi.net rip-offs as soon as people catch wind of the expiration.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.

↑ Up to the top!