Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What can a scientist in my Star Wars fan fic be working on?

Admiral of Awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum7 View Post
    This is for an adult audience and I do have an outline.
    Adult audience? Outline?? Does that work?

Asking for a friend

(bob iger)

Doesn't care what his title is
    Christmas Cardmaker Extrordinarie

i didn't know we were writing an adult story

bow chicka

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    i didn't know we were writing an adult story

bow chicka
    Itís not even remotely XXX. Itís just a serious non-whimsical adventure.

I decided that Iím going to have my scientist study an astrological body BUT itís something that we havenít identified in the real world. Iím no good at physics so I donít know what kind of new astrological body I can make up. Does anybody have ideas for a fictional celestial body? Like something in the class of a quasar or a pulsar or a black hole

Admiral of Awesome
    ya but itís for my fan fic, so you canít use it

Doood. How about a junkyard planet that is so littered with broken droids it looks like Coruscant from space, but like super ghetto. And because of Kotor we know Star Wars has had droids for ages. So this planet starts to become self aware in patches from an evolving matrix of AI's, and your scientist is discovering that even thought individually droids have large databanks, as a collective their thinking over a large area is surprisingly rudimentary, like an infant, which has subverted expectations from the scientific community. He wonders if the patches of intelligence on the planet surface will combine into a single sentient being, who is either really dumb, and will grow to be super intelligent, or if the merging will result in a super intelligent sentient planet. But as this event seems to be imminent he is called away because of the super massive black hole thing.

I should state that a a non-whimsical Star Wars story focused on a scientist studying a space anomaly feels more like the focus of a Star Trek story, but what to I know.
    Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra.

Likes Kittens. Eats Fluffies
    Ree-Yees and Greedo at Nar Shaddaa

Doesn't care what his title is
    Christmas Cardmaker Extrordinarie

he can be researching why all the greedos and bossks in the galaxy all wear the same clothes all the time