Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Anyone ever make a Outcast/Academy-style force jump mod?
Anyone ever make a Outcast/Academy-style force jump mod?
2019-04-03, 4:24 AM #1
Was thinking about playing through JK and MotS again and the one thing that Raven got right over LucasArts was mapping all types of jumps to one button. If someone hasn't already done this I was planning on doing a quick cog mod to do so. Tap for regular jump, charge for bigger ones. So I guess it's more of a hybrid JK/JO style.
-There are easier things in life than finding a good woman, like nailing Jello to a tree, for instance

Tazz
2019-04-03, 9:16 AM #2
That would be awesome. Would it switch back to the previously-selected force power after you charge-jump? I used hotkeys for my commonly used force powers but still use the scroll/selector and "use force power" button to use the less commonly used ones.
2019-04-03, 9:46 AM #3
JK ReCog recreated JO/JA style force jumping (and some other powers too) in JK. It's not the JK/JO hybrid you speak of howevever. In fact, I believe making such thing would actually be quite easy as JK's force jump already includes a handler for tapping the hotkey, so all you'd have to do is decrease jump height and remove the sound/visual effects when the key is tapped.

Or better yet, make it so it only makes the player thing play an empty keyframe with a duration of one frame and a "leaping" marker on frame 0. That way the jumping height would be the same as the normal jump's and you'd have the extra sounds playing correctly without any further cog work.
JKGR
2019-04-03, 11:26 AM #4
There was a version on Saber Battle X that let you hold down jump in order to levitate, although this was after you were in the air rather than before it.
2019-04-03, 5:48 PM #5
A leaping marker? Guess I've been away too long, not sure what you mean
-There are easier things in life than finding a good woman, like nailing Jello to a tree, for instance

Tazz
2019-04-03, 6:11 PM #6
Keyframes (animations) have markers that can be linked to frames and are used to perform certain actions when said frame of the animation is reached. These are used, for example, for footstep sounds or for AI punches. You can modify key markers via PuppetJedi.
JKGR
2019-04-03, 7:04 PM #7
Noted. Next time I do a playthrough of JK and MotS I'll take a look. I'm overdue for a playthrough.

Tazz
2019-04-07, 9:21 AM #8
Oh, now is a very good time for a playthrough.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2019-04-08, 2:12 AM #9
Another thing JO and JA got better over JK was the lightsaber. It's so much more fun in those games in my opinion.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.

↑ Up to the top!