Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Rise of Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by mb View Post
    i really cant wait for them to make a star wars movie thats not about making money sheesh
    Have you heard about Space Balls 2?

^^vv<><>BASTART
    So honestly I hope Ep 9 features a return of the Death Star.

why not the Cartesian product of all previous Death Stars?

Admiral of Awesome
    the power set of death stars

^^vv<><>BASTART
    All of these are great ideas. Just more Death Stars. It's just so epic and cool.

It seems to me that one criticism that some people were vocal about with Rogue One was too much fan service. I don't see that unless you mean by comparison to the sequel trilogy which had virtually no fan service whatsoever, at least up to this point. Keeping in mind how little fan service there was in TFA and TLJ I wonder what you think about this latest teaser trailer. Personally, I think it's disgusting. Now, I'm actually rooting for this next movie to be good (good in my opinion, that is) but I'm getting less and less optimistic about it.

"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

Likes Kittens. Eats Fluffies
    Sequel trilogy has "virtually no fan service whatsoever"...

The only part of that trailer that really gets anything out of me is the part when the lightsaber rEcOnFiGurEd, and just knowing that somewhere out there, thousands of people who should know better gasped orgasmically when it happened.

My general thought was that after lovingly showing some characters they spent the two previous films crapping over they then showed some shiny scenes that pretty much emphasized how far away they have gone from those characters.
    "I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

Quote Originally Posted by saberopus View Post
    The only part of that trailer that really gets anything out of me is the part when the lightsaber rEcOnFiGurEd, and just knowing that somewhere out there, thousands of people who should know better gasped orgasmically when it happened.
    Light comes out of both sides holy **** *splooge*

Child's Play CharitySon of Krokodile XVI
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookie06 View Post
    these guys are Glenn Beck guys but he and his minions are pretty much all around our age
    Wookie I don't mean this offensively because everyone's always getting older all the time, but aren't you like twenty years older than most of us around here?

Admiral of Awesome
    The contractually obligated third movie before the franchise shuffles off to TV will, I’m sure, attract some small audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Krokodile View Post
    Wookie I don't mean this offensively because everyone's always getting older all the time, but aren't you like twenty years older than most of us around here?
    I don't know but even if that's the case, which I planned for, it still fits. Pat is probably about ten years older than me. His other main minion is around ten years younger. I was born in 70. I'm guessing most of you were born fairly well before 90.

Child's Play CharitySon of Krokodile XVI
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookie06 View Post
    I don't know but even if that's the case, which I planned for, it still fits. Pat is probably about ten years older than me. His other main minion is around ten years younger. I was born in 70. I'm guessing most of you were born fairly well before 90.
    You're the exact same age as my eldest brother. Well, it's unlikely that you were born in the same month, but the year is the same. He also has a car (that's now just a heap of metal that he doesn't drive anymore) that was built in 1970. It's a Ford Cortina, one of the models that was never brought to Finland in bulk. I think his was made in the UK, it was being exhibited at a department store here in Helsinki, and the first owner (before my brother got it) bought it off the display.

Anyway, I'm a 1984er. But yeah, that makes sense what you said.

"Has it won yet?"

It feels like everything about this new trilogy, the hype and expectations, just petered out. Kinda sad, especially with the use of nostalgia in the beginning of the trailer to generate some sort of reaction.
    SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
    -----------------------------@%

^^vv<><>BASTART
    Quote Originally Posted by ECHOMAN View Post
    It feels like everything about this new trilogy, the hype and expectations, just petered out. Kinda sad, especially with the use of nostalgia in the beginning of the trailer to generate some sort of reaction.
    The only reaction I saw to the ANH footage was "I'd like to see THAT movie!"

the thot plickens:

Quote Originally Posted by saberopus View Post
    Sequel trilogy has "virtually no fan service whatsoever"...

i love this image
    sniff