Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → 10 years of FGR releases
10 years of FGR releases
2019-06-03, 1:08 AM #1
From this on June 3rd 2009:

[https://www.massassi.net/levels/files/screenshots/3107_2.jpg]

... to this on June 2nd 2019:

[https://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/93/92700/profile/LEUN2.jpg]

To think that up to 2009, "FGR doesn't release his projects" was quite the prominent Massassi shtick. 'oof!

And to think that on May 31st 2013, I still thought that I had something more left in m----

Anyway, post your favorite saberopus release.

https://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?67335-WIP-rendering&highlight=
https://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?16517-omq-I-r-teh-klone&highlight=
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2019-06-03, 6:47 AM #2
I've released many comments into this website over the years... :'-)

I've been intending to play DXN for quite some time, but I haven't ever really gotten to where I'm ready/willing to reinstall and get into Deus Ex itself, as a thing, for quite a few years. I tend to play a fairly small number of games in a given year, and spend quite a lot of time with them, so there's always some other thing on my list that takes priority over "reinstalling Deus Ex" specifically (not "playing DXN").

Maybe I should take this Annikumbeversary as the proper occasion to get around to it! :'-)
2019-06-03, 6:48 AM #3
Also, did you really not release anything prior to 2009? Or just nothing at the scope of TODOA or DXN or whatever?
2019-06-03, 7:05 AM #4
From my very first post (and before) 'til June 3rd 2009, there were zero FGR releases.

The only thing I did release before TODOA MP was this Soviet mod for Civ 4, and on the day of its original release on Dec 31st 2005 or something, GoY told me that it didn't count. Outrageous.
2019-06-03, 8:28 AM #5
Straight (as in not facetious) saberopus posts feel weird.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2019-06-04, 8:12 AM #6
https://www.moddb.com/mods/todoa/news/star-wars-todoa
2019-06-04, 10:37 AM #7
I still wish something like Kentie's Launcher (for Deus Ex) could be made for JK to do away with the whole "hey you have to retrieve this and that to get that and this unofficially patched version of JK" stuff.

Maybe after one day when someone will stumble upon that fateful filthy gas station bathroom in Kansas where it turns out that JK's source code has been stored all these years.
2019-06-04, 12:12 PM #8
Saberopus is my friend and I have proof:

[https://i.imgur.com/Tr0F3uH.png]
2019-06-06, 5:51 AM #9
Took me 10 years

[Unable to find specified attachment]
2019-06-06, 6:47 AM #10
Originally posted by Nikumubeki:
Took me 10 years
(pic)

I just saw this myself and immediately came here to post it. Glad you already saw it. Congratulations man, that's awesome!
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2019-06-06, 7:11 AM #11
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
;1227273']Saberopus is my friend and I have proof:

[https://i.imgur.com/Tr0F3uH.png]

Wow, one and only! I'm honored. I await my well-earned Concrete Genie PC Beta key.
2019-06-06, 7:15 AM #12
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
I just saw this myself and immediately came here to post it. Glad you already saw it. Congratulations man, that's awesome!

Yeah, nice work! I feel like what I'm about to post is a very FGR-esque sentence, but: I'm moving this week, and during packing, uncovered my long-hidden original JK CDs, which is exciting and made me think I should run JK The Way It Was Meant to be Played™, but now we also live in a braver newer world where I can play TODOA v3.423.4.3.1.4.6.17 w/ jkRTXenabled or whatever. Boh!
2019-06-06, 7:51 AM #13
Oh snap, saberopus!

Thanks, Dark__Knight! It's definitely a (belated) shared prize for the both of us. And with MrRavenX, wherever he is these days.

(And Elmo, considering he co-wrote the story with me. And Xzero for helping me out with quite a lot of gameplay parts. And...)
2019-06-06, 8:30 AM #14
Originally posted by saberopus:
jkRTXenabled

I would have done it if I could
2019-06-06, 8:44 AM #15
Oh snap, saberopus!

Thanks, Dark__Knight! It's definitely a (belated) shared prize for the both of us.

The credit is all yours, my friend. I watched a video of someone playing through TODOA the other day and I grimaced at some of my dialogue. I've since taken several voice acting classes and have a few credits with AAA games and a few anime dubs (helps living near the Funimation headquarters). I probably would have never pursued any of that as a hobby had it not been for working with you!

I think - if you ever care to have a remastered special edition George Lucas tribute 8k version of TODOA, I'd be happy to re-record the lines in better quality.
Author of the JK levels:

2019-06-06, 9:01 AM #16
Very cool! I'm glad to have been a part of that development.

Of course, there are many things in TODOA that make 2019mubeki think "why did 2009mubeki do this", but that's of course how it goes with every assessment of a past project.

(That said, in the case of DXN, I'd still recommend one to play the DLCs first just to see how more refined and professional they are (made in 2015 and 2017) compared to the main mod (made in 2004-2013))
2019-06-06, 11:21 AM #17
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
;1227273']Saberopus is my friend and I have proof:

"Friends" on an online forum is such a 00's concept. Waow.
2019-06-06, 11:28 AM #18
You're such a 00's concept. REID.
2019-06-06, 11:31 AM #19
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
The credit is all yours, my friend. I watched a video of someone playing through TODOA the other day and I grimaced at some of my dialogue. I've since taken several voice acting classes and have a few credits with AAA games and a few anime dubs (helps living near the Funimation headquarters). I probably would have never pursued any of that as a hobby had it not been for working with you!

I think - if you ever care to have a remastered special edition George Lucas tribute 8k version of TODOA, I'd be happy to re-record the lines in better quality.

Don't beat yourself up over it, I thought you did a fine job! I enjoyed your voiceovers in TODOA. I get that you have a high standard for yourself especially now that you're a pro, though.
2019-06-06, 1:26 PM #20
Originally posted by Krokodile:
Don't beat yourself up over it, I thought you did a fine job! I enjoyed your voiceovers in TODOA. I get that you have a high standard for yourself especially now that you're a pro, though.

Thanks! Hardly a pro, but more experienced, for sure. :)
Author of the JK levels:

2019-06-06, 3:21 PM #21
Originally posted by saberopus:
You're such a 00's concept. REID.

OOooof, never recovering from that :(
2019-06-06, 3:59 PM #22
Haha, Reid was a teenager in the 00's. What a concept.
2019-06-07, 11:58 AM #23
DXN's stats in early 2018 when I announced the upcoming release of its Fifth Anniversary Update, which got on the front page:

TODOA's stats from yesterday (its most popular day on ModDB in these past 10 years) when it finally got on the front page:

Lessons to be learnt: JK has only ~17% of the cult game value of Deus Ex? The download-bots slack off more with JK releases? I should have gotten Koobie to make a promotional video for DXN back in December 2013?
2019-06-08, 2:30 AM #24
Of course, I'd upload this new TODOA package on Massassi if Brian were to remove TODOA TC SP and MP first *wink wink*
2019-06-08, 3:12 AM #25
Of course, I'd upload this new TODOA package on Massassi if Brian were to remove TODOA TC SP and MP first *wink wink*

2019-07-02, 11:47 AM #26
TODOA's last hurrah (as visible in the pagehits as well):

https://www.moddb.com/newsletter/548

2019-07-02, 3:38 PM #27
What!? What about the 20 year anniversary!?!!
My blawgh.

↑ Up to the top!