Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
2019-10-31, 11:43 AM #1
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1172380/STAR_WARS_Jedi_Fallen_Order/

This game does not appear to be a UE4 remake of Dark Forces.

Yawn.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2019-10-31, 1:05 PM #2
B'eaux!
2019-10-31, 1:12 PM #3
Yet another in the genre of Star Wars games that are just skins of other trendy and popular games.
2019-10-31, 1:19 PM #4
What popular and trendy game is this one a reskin of?
2019-10-31, 1:24 PM #5
more like "star bores"
former entrepreneur
2019-10-31, 2:01 PM #6
I hate the pc games industry.

Quote:
INTERNET CONNECTION; EA ACCOUNT; STEAM ACCOUNT; ACCEPTANCE OF EA USER AGREEMENT (terms.ea.com) & ORIGIN END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (ea.com/legal); AND DOWNLOAD & INSTALLATION OF THE ORIGIN CLIENT SOFTWARE (origin.com/download) REQUIRED TO PLAY. YOU MUST LINK YOUR EA AND STEAM ACCOUNTS TO PLAY; EA WILL SHARE YOUR ACCOUNT ID AND INDIVIDUAL GAME AND PLAY RECORDS WITH STEAM TO VALIDATE YOUR PURCHASE AND/OR REFUND REQUEST.

I guess even console games do it these days; I think some game my son bought for ps4 or xbone required some 3rd party account just to play. This crap is ridiculous.
2019-10-31, 3:17 PM #7
luCkilY for yoU SOOn IdENTiTy will BE iNteGRAteD on the BlOCkchaiN
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2019-10-31, 8:00 PM #8
If I pre-order, I can get an ORANGE LIGHTSABER !
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2019-10-31, 8:26 PM #9
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
If I pre-order, I can get an ORANGE LIGHTSABER !

If you think that’s bad, when you play the disc forward it installs Windows!
2019-11-02, 8:34 PM #10
Originally posted by saberopus:
What popular and trendy game is this one a reskin of?

Supposedly, it's a star wars souls game.
2019-11-03, 12:12 AM #11
Originally posted by Brian:
Quote:
DOWNLOAD & INSTALLATION OF THE ORIGIN CLIENT SOFTWARE (origin.com/download) REQUIRED TO PLAY. YOU MUST LINK YOUR EA AND STEAM ACCOUNTS TO PLAY

... Yeah, that's it. That dropped my interest in this game from 0.05/100 to indescribable numbers beneath the chances of GBK ever releasing Hysteria - or anything else.

I remember it taking me a while to agree to getting Origin because I had just played through Mass Effect 2 and wanted to see that story to the end (cue "ME3's ending" quips). After getting SW: Battlefront (2015) solely for the Battle of Hoth training mission (it being more or less the 2015 remake of the first level of Shadows of the Empire), I've avoided and shall avoid EA like the plague.

Without doing any research I'm still going to blame EA for screwing Mass Effect up after ME2 - Mass Effect in genral could have been the sci-fi thing of the decade
2019-11-03, 7:28 AM #12
I only have Origin installed because I got the gigantic Command and Conquer compilation several years back for $5 but what's wrong with Origin compared to Steam? I avoided Steam like the plague for many years.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2019-11-03, 10:19 AM #13
I'll never forget how Battlefield 3 had it's own mini facebook built in where you could like (in game, HOOAH) each person's unlock or comment on it like it was Facebook.

Naturally I coded a macro to spam all of my friends with hundreds of HOOAH notifications. They hated me.
2019-11-03, 10:31 AM #14
"Hooah" is grossly overused in the Army as well although it is a highly versatile term.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2019-11-05, 7:29 AM #15
[https://cad-comic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/cad-20140411-b8d05.x76493.png]
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2019-11-05, 7:30 AM #16
...it's only just now that I realized that UPlay and Origin are not the same thing.

Also: Hysteria will never be released. Ever.
2019-11-05, 7:47 AM #17
what year is that comic from
2019-11-05, 11:14 AM #18
2013-2014ish, I think. It's been a while.
2019-11-05, 12:27 PM #19
2019-11-06, 12:44 AM #20
I love GOG.
Sorry for the lousy German
2019-11-06, 1:44 AM #21
Awesome, can't wait to play! ��
The answer is maybe.
2019-11-09, 9:48 AM #22
https://youtu.be/xIl2z5wwjdA

There's some trailer. I have some hope for this one actually, though it may be unwarranted. It's an EA game after all. I'll hold off judgment until we see how the game turned out!
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2019-11-09, 9:59 AM #23
It'll probably actually be fine. When I picked up BFII for next to nothing I was actually pleasantly surprised by the single player campaign.

2019-11-10, 6:42 AM #24
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Supposedly, it's a star wars souls game.

It looks a lot more like the last three Tomb Raiders with added SW.

Which I am absolutely fine with.
nope.
2019-11-13, 1:28 PM #25
looks good as hell imo and Respawn has yet to make a bad game

EA's been weirdly quiet abt promoting it though so it's possible it's not going to meet expectations. Or EA is just not willing to go to bat for a singleplayer game that doesn't have a ton of games-as-a-service stuff attached. We'll know soon enough I guess!
2019-11-13, 1:51 PM #26
Yeah I'm looking forward to checking it out on Twitch or whatever.
2019-11-14, 8:24 AM #27
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
;1230287']

EA's been weirdly quiet abt promoting it though so it's possible it's not going to meet expectations. Or EA is just not willing to go to bat for a singleplayer game that doesn't have a ton of games-as-a-service stuff attached. We'll know soon enough I guess!

Would it be surprising if EA closed down Respawn and took apart the staff? I mean, it didn't have to be a bad game for a studio to be shuttered under EA before. I'm guessing Apex Legends would be something going for Respawn to stay together, plus the good talent. Still...

Man that sounds cynical.
2019-11-15, 12:38 AM #28
https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order

What the hell, you guys? It's...actually good?! IS THIS REAL SOMEONE PINCH MY ASS

I guess I'll have to buy it now.
2019-11-15, 1:02 AM #29
That's a pleasant surprise, tbh.

And yet: No editor, no NIHILUM
2019-11-15, 8:09 AM #30
Almost tricked me to clicking on a metacritic link, Kroko... as if that's a useful metric for whether or not the game is good, SMH my damn head.
2019-11-15, 8:10 AM #31
My only trusted source is [url]www.KrokosObjectiveReviews.com[/url]
2019-11-15, 8:48 AM #32
Fallen Order has 90/8.6.

For comparison:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has 93/8.1
Gears of War 2 has 93/7.8
Star Wars: Starfighter has 84/8.0
Final Fantasy 13 has 83/7.2

Never underestimate how many people will "like" the most boring **** just because they're supposed to like it.
2019-11-15, 8:54 AM #33
Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens has 81/6.8 on Metacritic. Almost all of the mixed and negative reviews are from Johnny-come-latelys giving it negative reviews in retrospect only after the circlejerk has died down.

Right now there are a lot of Rey body pillow owners out there just happy there's a real Star Wars game. If you want reliable reviews, you'll have to wait. Unless you are also a Rey body pillow owner, in which case you'll like it whether it's a good game or not, so don't sweat it.
2019-11-15, 8:59 AM #34
For example, I love this about Skyward Sword:

Edit: Start at 25:05

I mean, watch the whole video because it's amazing. But also start at 25:05 just for the Skyward Sword bits. As someone who got into damn arguments with people about Skyward Sword, watching this was cathartic at the time. Of course now it's the consensus that Skyward Sword was a terrible game.

I'm pretty sure this video became Breath of the Wild's design document.
2019-11-15, 9:35 AM #35
Good video. I always felt like Tevis Thompson's "Saving Zelda" piece from 2012 was BotW's design doc, too. http://tevisthompson.com/saving-zelda/

Quote:
Some contend that all of this is really for the new kids and we longtime Zelda players (the actual fan base) just have to suffer along like patient older brothers and sisters. If only anyone could convince me that the tangled conventions that define Zelda were also approached with new players in mind. Zelda pretty clearly wants to have it both ways, but it’s hard to imagine either veterans or novices being satisfied with, say, Skyward Sword. Every Zelda has to be someone’s first, but I can’t help pity the player who thinks this is what the legend was all about.

Actually, we needn’t speculate on what the gods of Zelda had in mind when designing the difficulty. Eiji Aonuma, director of Zelda since Ocarina, spoke to Game Informer about this directly:

“I never actually finished [the original Legend of Zelda]…I almost feel like there’s still no game more difficult than it. Every time I try to play it I end up getting ‘Game Over’ a few too many times and giving up partway through. Certainly after playing the original Zelda for the first time, I didn’t ever think that I wanted to make a game like that.”

Congratulations, Mr. Aonuma – you never have. Instead, you’ve taken the teeth out of a hardcore series. There’s no real danger now, no risk, nothing to lose. You’ve redefined game designers as the ultimate helicopter parents.

A lot of overlap w/ Egoraptor's vid.
2019-11-15, 1:00 PM #36
Originally posted by saberopus:
My only trusted source is [url]www.KrokosObjectiveReviews.com[/url]

Should be this one https://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_shadows_of_the_empire#reviews
2019-11-15, 1:54 PM #37
**** i loved that game
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2019-11-15, 2:28 PM #38
Update: it's good as hell
2019-11-15, 5:13 PM #39
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens has 81/6.8 on Metacritic. Almost all of the mixed and negative reviews are from Johnny-come-latelys giving it negative reviews in retrospect only after the circlejerk has died down.

Right now there are a lot of Rey body pillow owners out there just happy there's a real Star Wars game. If you want reliable reviews, you'll have to wait. Unless you are also a Rey body pillow owner, in which case you'll like it whether it's a good game or not, so don't sweat it.

Fallen Order has been called a Soulsvania. I don't know how true that is, but it should be right up your alley. If they incorporated those influences well, I mean.
2019-11-16, 3:32 AM #40
Originally posted by Jon`C:
I mean, watch the whole video because it's amazing. But also start at 25:05 just for the Skyward Sword bits. As someone who got into damn arguments with people about Skyward Sword, watching this was cathartic at the time. Of course now it's the consensus that Skyward Sword was a terrible game.

I remember giving up Skyward Sword somewhere between the dowsing and getting raped by ghosts.

↑ Up to the top!