Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Time to let it go (wii U)
Time to let it go (wii U)
2019-11-09, 2:24 PM #1
Haven't played it in years. Anyone interested? I have a wii U deluxe, a ton of extra controllers including pro controller, and dozens of games including zelda twighlight princess, zelda skyward sword, zelda breath of wild, a bunch of marios, mario maker, mario kart, etc. I'll be happy to ship it to you for free but I'd prefer to send it to someone who will actually use it (or your kids will use it) rather than someone that will just sell it off right away.
2019-11-09, 3:43 PM #2
I am interested!
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2019-11-09, 3:46 PM #3
A couple years or so back they got rare and I meant to buy one before that since I skipped the wii. I almost bought one in Panama but waited and I saw that they were getting reasonable again. Priorities and stuff I still haven't got around to picking one up so, yeah, definitely interested and I bet my son will have a blast with it too.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2019-11-09, 3:50 PM #4
Hell yeah Ive never owned a console before if Wookie changes his mind or something
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2019-11-09, 4:00 PM #5
Ok, first come first served seems the most fair :-| PM me your shipping name/address.
2019-11-09, 7:10 PM #6
I sent you a PM but not sure if I'm too late to the party or not. I would love it and it would be a ton of fun to play with my daughter as well. If I'm too late though, no worries.

[edit] I'd also be happy to donate to Massassi's upkeep as an exchange if that makes a difference :)
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2019-11-10, 8:36 PM #7
Thanks Dark__Knight, unfortunately Wookie06 spoke up first; maybe next time I'll figure out a better way to do it. I'm actually surprised multiple people wanted it.
2019-11-10, 8:39 PM #8
No worries, awesome of you to do it regardless, Brian! If you don't mind me asking, what is Massassi's monthly / annual upkeep cost? With the holidays coming around, I feel like the handful of us who still visit this site should help pitch in if you'd allow it.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2019-11-11, 8:38 AM #9
It's not that much, I think like $60/month. It went up a bit when the 3d preview came out because I put that on a different host (it's running python code that I didn't write). It's really not worth worrying about but I do appreciate it. If I ever lose my job I may come back on here and beg for $$ but until then everything is golden.
2019-11-29, 6:08 PM #10
Brian contacted me earlier in the week to let me know he hadn't gotten it off when he intended to and when I should expect it. It arrived today as he said it would. I'm blown away by his generous nature and the collection he sent me, pictured below. What isn't in the picture is the nearly $80 in postage he paid. I haven't revealed this item to my son yet and I'm not sure if I will do so before Christmas or allow this to be a present from some person unknown to him some 2500 miles away. Thank you Brian!

PS - I could have sworn Brian said at some point he wasn't going to buy a pro-controller.

2019-11-30, 2:22 AM #11
Sorry for the lousy German
2019-11-30, 5:31 PM #12
You're welcome, I'm glad it came through ok.

I can't remember if I said I wasn't going to buy a pro controller. It's possible I bought it after BotW came out.

I hope you or your kids play Zelda: BotW, it's fantastic!

If you do save it for a gift make sure to charge up everything -- the pro controller I believe and also the screen controller thing. I think the white wii controllers take AA batteries. And maybe plug it in ahead of time and reset it to factory; it probably has all my savegames and stuff on it, I was too lazy to clear it.
2019-11-30, 5:50 PM #13
Now that I think about it, next weekend will be a good time for me to set it up and check everything out. My boy's scout troop does a "lock in" once a year where after a short service project they get to stay up all night playing games. So he'll be out of the house overnight. I think I remember you grumbling about the controller when that game came out but it seems, like several Nintendo things you grumble about, you ended up buying it anyway!

2019-12-01, 12:02 PM #14
I have a sickness. It's called Zelda :(

I grumbled a lot about Breath of the Wild when I first started playing, but it ended up being like my favorite console game ever.
2019-12-01, 12:03 PM #15
Did you ever play Dark Souls?
2019-12-01, 4:02 PM #16
Nope
2019-12-01, 4:45 PM #17
You should play Dark Souls.
2019-12-01, 10:19 PM #18
What's so good about Dark Souls? I've never played them.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2019-12-01, 10:57 PM #19
I watched a video where a guy spent like 45 minutes trying to convince me that Dark Souls was the best game ever. But it looked so tedious with constant death and a bunch of cheap kills (like you go through a door and as soon as you get into the room something kills you). I get really frustrated when I have to "die to learn" which seems to be what that whole series is about.

It's probably just a "me" thing; I played Asheron's Call for months on my first character without dying. I like to play cautiously and maybe Dark Souls doesn't fit.
2019-12-01, 11:14 PM #20
Originally posted by Brian:
I like to play cautiously and maybe Dark Souls doesn't fit.

lol

Some people play Dark Souls like Battletoads. It's not that. There aren't any cheap deaths. The whole point of the game is retraining yourself to pay attention to your surroundings, focus on what enemies are doing, and proceed with caution. If you like to play cautiously, you would probably love Dark Souls.
2019-12-01, 11:34 PM #21
Actually I take that back. Capra Demon is pretty ****in cheap.
2019-12-01, 11:35 PM #22
All I know about Dark Souls is the YT video someone linked to on these forums years and years ago that was basically like "how to beat everyone in Dark Souls 1: kick everyone in the crotch".
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2019-12-02, 8:22 AM #23
I'll look for a demo or something. It looks like it came out on Switch, hrm.
2019-12-07, 4:33 PM #24
Parental control pin? My son is gone for the evening and I just hooked it up, seems good so far but all of your are still listed (as you said you'd be) but there's a lot I won't be able to reset without the pin. I'll email and pm too.

2019-12-07, 5:00 PM #25
Got it, thanks!

2019-12-08, 12:38 AM #26
Guys am I the only one who's reminded of that Frozen song by the title of this thread?
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2019-12-08, 1:30 AM #27
I was more reminded of the part in DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum where you can kill me
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2019-12-08, 3:32 AM #28
Let it go!

2019-12-08, 11:48 AM #29
I am... just horrified
2019-12-09, 1:43 AM #30
Oh, yeah, sorry, forgot that your hair is actually pink.

[https://forums.massassi.net/vb3/attachment.php?attachmentid=22664&d=1153933337]
2019-12-09, 8:20 AM #31
I am not enjoying this.

↑ Up to the top!