Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I took a flu shot
I took a flu shot
2019-11-26, 6:39 PM #1
for the seasonal flu yesterday and now my arm hurts and I feel like I have the flu and I'm thinking vaccines are as bad as they say.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2019-11-26, 6:50 PM #2
I’d rather be sick for 1 day than 5.
2019-11-26, 8:05 PM #3
I’d rather not have a severe allergic reaction to the vaccine lasting in disabling chronic illness.

Of course, at the same time, I’d also rather not have to bury my children because people were sufficiently fearful of that remote possibility, causing various hitherto eradicated pathogens to make a comeback and infect my kids in elementary school when some brat coughs smallpox on them.
2019-11-26, 8:54 PM #4
My whole family has been getting flu shots since more than a decade ago when my son was born. His doctor told us all to get them so we do. I guess it hurts a little bit? But if you do some moderate activity that day and day after it feels a lot better. We've never had so much as the sniffles within a few days of getting the shot.

Actually now I recall one year they offered my son an "up-the-nose" version and that was unpleasant. He said it burned the inside of his nose and also he was all weepy for a couple of days.

I can go into costco and get the flu shot and pay $19 cash. Walgreens is like $25 I think. If I give them my insurance information they bill my insurance $70 for administering the exact same shot. And then my insurance says "oh no, that's too high, you can only charge $43." So the insurance pays walgreens $43 for a $25 shot.
2019-11-27, 12:20 AM #5
Originally posted by Jon`C:
I’d rather be sick for 1 day than 5.

That's a fair point. Besides, I'm starting to feel better already.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2019-11-27, 1:02 AM #6
I wish I had taken a flu shot. I'm sick all the time.
Sorry for the lousy German
2019-11-27, 9:22 PM #7
Always sick or just lately? Sorry to hear, btw. I have yet to get the shot. I spent most of Fri-Mon in bed sick with a cold. Getting much better but still have some coughing. My appetite took a real hit and it's still not back to normal but better. Helped me get under 250 now though so there's that. Got a hell of an abdominal workout coughing. Even my ribs hurt for a bit.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2019-11-28, 5:59 AM #8
Thanks for the reminder, I've been off my yellow fever shot for nearly a year now

[Unable to find specified attachment]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2019-11-30, 5:32 PM #9
The yellow fever shot gave me massive headaches and a proper fever. My partner was totally asymptomatic. Worth it given how deadly the full blown disease is amongst gringos.
2019-11-30, 5:50 PM #10
Originally posted by Brian:
I can go into costco and get the flu shot and pay $19 cash. Walgreens is like $25 I think. If I give them my insurance information they bill my insurance $70 for administering the exact same shot. And then my insurance says "oh no, that's too high, you can only charge $43." So the insurance pays walgreens $43 for a $25 shot.

funny how that works out
eat right, exercise, die anyway

↑ Up to the top!