Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Do you remember this from either Legends or Canon?
Do you remember this from either Legends or Canon?
2020-02-01, 4:12 PM #1
Do any of you recall reading a Star Wars book (Legends or Canon) where you recall them implying or downright stating something that could NOT be achieved with their current science and technology
2020-02-01, 4:23 PM #2
Hey welcome back, glad we're doing this again.

I seem to recall it being prettttty ****ing firmly established that you can't jump to hyperspace in a gravity well, but IT SEEMS THAT TIMES HAVE CHANGED.
2020-02-01, 6:10 PM #3
I don't think a solution was every found for people having "a bad feeling" about things.
My blawgh.
2020-02-01, 6:37 PM #4
Well in Star Wars, everything that can’t be achieved with scientific technology can be potentially achieved magically using the Force. So, a safe bet would be to look for instances in which a Force user’s abilities were being clouded and this was important enough an impediment to be a plot point that the author presumed technology to be an inadequate substitute.

I seem to remember reading an EU book called The Crystal Star where this was the plot.
2020-02-01, 7:06 PM #5
Science and technology can do anything the plot needs in Star Wars because it’s not science fiction, its a fantasy movie that just happens to use space as a setting.
2020-02-01, 7:24 PM #6
Unfortunately I've never been in a Star Wars book but that would be some fourth wall bending **** right there.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2020-02-02, 1:14 PM #7
In one canon story it was stated that their shields couldn't repel firepower of that magnitude. I think that was pretty significant.
Sorry for the lousy German
2020-02-02, 6:20 PM #8
also do not forget that in a star wars sometime it was made clear to us that there isn't any try.
2020-02-03, 6:47 AM #9
Somebody once thought that tauntauns smelled bad on the outside.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2020-02-03, 7:55 AM #10
Originally posted by saberopus:
also do not forget that in a star wars sometime it was made clear to us that there isn't any try.

Yeah there were 6 movies like that
2020-02-03, 8:03 PM #11
hooo
2020-02-03, 8:03 PM #12
someone was trying something in the prequels, but it wasn't george lucas trying to get out of his chair

↑ Up to the top!