Thread: Do you remember this from either Legends or Canon?

Do you remember this from either Legends or Canon?

Do any of you recall reading a Star Wars book (Legends or Canon) where you recall them implying or downright stating something that could NOT be achieved with their current science and technology

Likes Kittens. Eats Fluffies
    Hey welcome back, glad we're doing this again.

I seem to recall it being prettttty ****ing firmly established that you can't jump to hyperspace in a gravity well, but IT SEEMS THAT TIMES HAVE CHANGED.

I don't think a solution was every found for people having "a bad feeling" about things.

Well in Star Wars, everything that canít be achieved with scientific technology can be potentially achieved magically using the Force. So, a safe bet would be to look for instances in which a Force userís abilities were being clouded and this was important enough an impediment to be a plot point that the author presumed technology to be an inadequate substitute.

I seem to remember reading an EU book called The Crystal Star where this was the plot.

Admiral of Awesome
    Science and technology can do anything the plot needs in Star Wars because itís not science fiction, its a fantasy movie that just happens to use space as a setting.

Unfortunately I've never been in a Star Wars book but that would be some fourth wall bending **** right there.
    "I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

In one canon story it was stated that their shields couldn't repel firepower of that magnitude. I think that was pretty significant.
    Sorry for the lousy German

also do not forget that in a star wars sometime it was made clear to us that there isn't any try.

Somebody once thought that tauntauns smelled bad on the outside.
    "I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

Admiral of Awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by saberopus View Post
    also do not forget that in a star wars sometime it was made clear to us that there isn't any try.
    Yeah there were 6 movies like that

hooo

someone was trying something in the prequels, but it wasn't george lucas trying to get out of his chair