Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Great Stock Market Crash of 2020

"Has it won yet?"

Another 5% down S&P this coming Monday?
    SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
    -----------------------------@%

Admiral of Awesome
    $6 trillion? They'd never allow that kind of stimulus with a black man in the white house! I mean democrat!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

lol and the stock market had its best day since 1933 on the rumour of this stimulus.

Investors are buying on the rumour of the most dangerous yet required financial experiment in history and are overjoyed that it created the best day since the middle of the ****ing great depression. Imagine what it's going to look like when they sell the news of whatever that finally actually looks like before the end of the week.

Gentlemen, it has been a privilege.

^^vv<><>BASTART
    I think the 4 biggest rallies in stock market history were during the decline of the great depression. Doesnt erase the downward trend.

Admiral of Awesome
    the deader the cat the higher the bounce

"Has it won yet?"

BUT WHERES MY FREE MONEY???

"Has it won yet?"

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    I don't have a 144HZ monitor. I can't print maximum money.

Admiral of Awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by ECHOMAN View Post
    BUT WHERES MY FREE MONEY???
    get in at the bottom of a dead cat bounce and sell at the top. guaranteed free money c/o the US government, timing the market never fails.

^^vv<><>BASTART
    Thanks to some nerd on reddit, we have an estimate on unemployment. It's not good.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

This is what they compiled by individually going through each state's unemployment filings. Suggests up to 6 million people are recently out of work. That doubles unemployment.

Admiral of Awesome
    That's a fine estimate but keep in mind it wouldn't include workers who are furloughed or have otherwise lost hours, contractors that have lost jobs, "gig economy" workers, and it wouldn't include service staff who are still working but have lost tips. I'm not familiar with how unemployment insurance usually works in the US, but I would guess it also excludes most self-employed workers / owner-operators.

The unemployment numbers are always cooked and they almost never talk about the category that includes the broadest range of people they even categorize and even that one most likely doesn't include all of those. Certainly not people that are still working but making less.
    "I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

Administrator
    In WA you're prohibited from filing for unemployment until you've been unemployed for a full week. I think a lot of people are just losing their jobs this week so look again next week

Admiral of Awesome
    This is appropriate for this thread