Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Command and Conquer Remastered
Command and Conquer Remastered
2020-03-16, 1:35 PM #1
https://www.ea.com/games/command-and-conquer/command-and-conquer-remastered?isLocalized=true

I am really looking forward to this. C&C was the very first PC game I had, playing it Christmas morning 1997 and will always be a special game for me.

Despite what EA have done to the franchise recently, they are doing what looks like an incredible job by giving the original a facelift but keeping it as pure and faithful to the original game as they can. And they even said "no microtransactions" right from the start. Whether they'll stick to their word, who knows, but so far they've been saying and doing all the right things.

The special editions look rather pricey but $20 for just the game is more than reasonable.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2020-03-16, 2:57 PM #2
I played that game when it came out but I only got through a few missions/phases/whatever at the beginning and then I stopped playing. Can't really remember why. Honestly I like the pixel art look better than the remastered version. The remastered looks really cartoony.
2020-03-17, 2:29 AM #3
I distinctly remember that the installer for C&C on DOS was the most awesome and incredible thing ever. Working voice output and graphics in an installer! Who could have conceived of such feat ever being in the realm of possibilities?!?!?
Sorry for the lousy German
2020-03-17, 1:02 PM #4

Command and Conquer, especially the Red Alert series, has a distinctly 90s feel to it to me. It has a certain flavor of ham.. you almost feel ashamed at how ****ing stupid attacking US troops with 25 Russian war bears is, but you also love it because its ****ing rad.

I feel like the games industry have grown too self conscious to ever make something like this again. Just the most dumb juvenile **** but taken seriously instead of being given an ironic distance.
2020-03-17, 8:28 PM #5
I mean, the original runs fine, at least in DOSBOX. It's the sort of thing I would support normally but it already works so I doubt I'll buy it again. On the flip side I have purchased Starcraft Remastered so whatever. Who knows?
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2020-03-17, 10:01 PM #6
Originally posted by Reid:

Command and Conquer, especially the Red Alert series, has a distinctly 90s feel to it to me. It has a certain flavor of ham.. you almost feel ashamed at how ****ing stupid attacking US troops with 25 Russian war bears is, but you also love it because its ****ing rad.

I feel like the games industry have grown too self conscious to ever make something like this again. Just the most dumb juvenile **** but taken seriously instead of being given an ironic distance.

Hell yeah!
2020-03-18, 9:09 AM #7
Very much interested in this for Red Alert.
nope.

↑ Up to the top!