Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Dark Forces and Dark Forces II Collector's Edition
Dark Forces and Dark Forces II Collector's Edition
2020-03-16, 3:20 PM #1
Limited Run Games is releasing Collector's editions for Dark Forces and Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II on March 20th.

Dark Forces
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1239631309187710984

Jedi Knight
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1239638893491879937/photo/1

The way the games are sold is by timed sales. They will be available for order Marh 20th @ 10am and 6pm EST.
Taton Qek, The master of masterfully inspired levels that never get released.
2020-03-16, 3:29 PM #2
It looks pretty cool but I have so many copies of these games and I've already been getting rid of all the boxes because they just take up space. I guess good for a collector? But if I was a collector I'd rather have the originals!
2020-03-16, 10:19 PM #3
I'd get those if it weren't for the fact that they moved my closest post office to an accursed forest in early 2019 - thus making ordering things outside this country (aside from regular-case Blu-Rays and DVDs) a major hassle.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2020-03-16, 10:22 PM #4
Well, maybe even then I wouldn't get the JK one because to me the thing about all these Jedis and Knights and JEDs and Backup Bases has always been about JK + MotS - and more often than not MotS over JK.
2020-03-20, 7:03 AM #5
I just grabbed the DF/JK bundle. I figure it's probably the last ever opportunity to get something new that's Jedi Knight related.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2020-03-20, 8:40 AM #6
DF/JK bundle is sold out until 6:00 PM EST. The individual packages are all still available as of 11:30 AM.

I had to choose between JK and DF, and I chose DF meself. I'll be scanning the essays and sharing them on DF-21 so people can read em.
2020-03-20, 9:08 AM #7
It said on the page they expected them to sell out quickly so I was there refreshing the page. I managed to buy it at 13:59. I may have even been the first order (star wars pun totally intended) as I made sure I was already logged in and it had all my shipping information saved.

They were sold out before 14:10 so if you want the bundle get in quick... but it is just artificial scarcity, you can just buy the two games separately (and quite a bit cheaper as the bundle actually has 2 copies of each game).
k
N
2020-03-20, 10:29 AM #8
I think the Bundle comes with Trading Cards of some sort. I don't know if those are included in any of the other editions.
2020-03-20, 2:42 PM #9
I pretty much felt the same as Brian when I first saw this thread except I never scrapped the boxes for my classic Lucasarts games.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2020-03-20, 4:30 PM #10
I'll purchase JKDF2 for the fourth time when they release it with the source code or a decent effin' update. This is just a silly gimmick to capitalize on our nostalgia for a game that LEC stopped caring about the day after release.
? :)
2020-03-21, 2:20 AM #11
I wish I could sell Limited Editions of TODOA - basically CD-Rs (in generic paper CD sleeves) that contain a link to the ModDB page. Collector's Edition would also include this JPG

[Unable to find specified attachment]
2020-03-21, 8:24 AM #12
Omg I now own the exclusive collector's edition "NICE" jpg from TODOA
2020-03-23, 7:48 AM #13
Originally posted by Mentat:
I'll purchase JKDF2 for the fourth time when they release it with the source code or a decent effin' update. This is just a silly gimmick to capitalize on our nostalgia for a game that LEC stopped caring about the day after release.

I doubt the source code even exists anymore.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2020-03-23, 10:53 AM #14
Quote:
I doubt the source code even exists anymore.

I think the most likely chance of recovery would be from Double Fine Games. They were able to recover the Grim Fandango source code from old Lucasarts Backup tapes. Grim Fandango runs on GRIME, which is based off of the Sith Engine.
2020-04-03, 6:51 AM #15
Both Dark Forces and Jedi Knight are all sold out now, so if you wanted them you missed your chance. I'll post photos when they arrive if anyone's interested.
k
N
2020-04-03, 9:54 AM #16
Originally posted by Ni:
Both Dark Forces and Jedi Knight are all sold out now, so if you wanted them you missed your chance. I'll post photos when they arrive if anyone's interested.

Hey Ni, If you could post scans of the interviews for Jedi Knight, that would be awesome. Also, they keep 10% of their stock in case of damage or exchange. If there are any left, they will go on sale at a later date.

↑ Up to the top!