Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Mandalorian TC!!!11
The Mandalorian TC!!!11
2020-12-11, 11:08 PM #1
Watching the show, especially now that there are a certain kind of trooper, made me nostalgic for JK, so I started making a level...

...and then remembered how time consuming this all is and gave up :psyduck::gbk::D

I guess I'll just play some old levels from the archives. Hello everyone!
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2020-12-11, 11:53 PM #2
Originally posted by Grismath:
...and then remembered how time consuming this all is and gave up :psyduck::gbk::D

Oh yeah. That's the feeling.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2020-12-11, 11:53 PM #3
Man, I wish those Elmo textures could be beamed back to 1999 or so (whenever 16-bit MATs were discovered), they'd have been all the rage in those classic levels.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2020-12-12, 10:37 AM #4
Add a Jeans Guy skin!
Sorry for the lousy German
2020-12-13, 7:48 AM #5
Anyone remember what the manalorian TC for mots was called? There were different types of mandolorian, a jetpack, grappling hook (of course).
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2020-12-13, 4:35 PM #6
I believe it was Manowar? There were also versions for JK, but the last one was for mots iirc
JKGR
2020-12-14, 9:53 AM #7
GCW (Galactic Civil War) has jet packs and grappling hooks.
GaS (Guns and Such) has a flamethrower, as did descent_pilot's mod.

Most of the ingredients exist, one just needs a bucket of hours and either the appetite to re-create or creatively re-use to put them all together!
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2020-12-14, 10:52 AM #8
I have one of the manowars versions saved somewhere because I contributed a level to it. I'm pretty sure it was for JK, though, not MotS. (at least the version my level was in) We had so much fun with the grapple hook even though it was ... I dunno, so primitive?
2020-12-14, 11:00 AM #9
Manowars! This was the one I was thinking of: http://www.jkdf2.net/JKBot/JKArchive/JKDF2/JKDF2/Websites/JKMAG%20-%20The%20Jedi%20Knight%20Multiplayer%20Add-on%20Group/man3/index.html

I'm amazed that JKMAG is still up, that site brings back memories.

Originally posted by Brian:
I have one of the manowars versions saved somewhere because I contributed a level to it. I'm pretty sure it was for JK, though, not MotS. (at least the version my level was in) We had so much fun with the grapple hook even though it was ... I dunno, so primitive?

I loved the grapple hook. I'm not sure which came first but there was a mod that used it. I remember grappling to all the areas you couldn't otherwise reach in the various levels. I remember exploring pretty much every inch of the hidden MotS bespin level with it.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2020-12-14, 4:24 PM #10
That's not really JKMAG being "still up", it's jkdf2.net archiving all the JK/MotS content they could find as/before sites went under. They have a copy of massassi up there somewhere as well.
2020-12-26, 7:51 AM #11
It's weird how Dark Troopers show up in a show from something made back in around 1995...

Did the book even mention such things?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2020-12-26, 9:14 AM #12
Which book? I've found that there are Dark Trooper Stormtroopers but they don't appear to be related to the original idea.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

↑ Up to the top!