Thread: Anything Games 2021

Anything Games 2021

As a continuation to the previous two "Anything games" threads, here's a third one.

Let's get started with how this article features a link to JkGfxMod... yet showcases a screenshot of TODOA:
    https://nanark.medium.com/brian-hern...s-afc576359873

... and how this one attributes the release of JkGfxMod to me:
    https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrail...real-engine-4/

Should I quit JK modding, thus becoming likely the last ever active JK modder in human history? At this point I've gotten so far in JKGR there's very little I can do that doesn't involve either wasting countless hours in ZED or getting mad at the fact that I don't have the source code for the unofficial patches

JKGR is one of those fantastic creations that is handicapped by being a JK project - old games can get a sizable audience even to this day (one of the reasons why DXN became my only actual achievement ever was because it was riding on DX's "cult game" status to the max), but JK isn't the game for that (even when taking those articles I linked to into account).

If only there was a way to transplant all the work made for something like JKGR and turn it into its own game, but due to the SITH engine being an eternally proprietary one (and a finicky ******* overall), that's not really a possibility either (even with OpenJKDF2 or sth like that).

That said, your work on JKGR has been splendid and as long as you've gotten enjoyment out of working on it, it's all pretty good m8

(Also, it does remind me of The AMC TC in its scope as something that started out as a Duke Nukem 3D mod and now is more or less its own game based on the eduke32 engine - of course, when the source code for the game is freely available, it's much easier to do that)
    Last edited by Nikumubeki; 01-30-2021 at 01:48 AM.

Administrator
    I mean if you quit I'll just start a new project just so I can say I was the last guy. So better not quit?

Likes Kittens. Eats Fluffies
    ^

Hot damn, my first bit of BUILD editing since 2002

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	duke0000.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	244.2 KB 
ID:	28816

(Actually very disturbed of how many of the old keymappings I can still remember)

Is that JK?

I'm pretty sure that's dark forces 1

>:-/

Don't you know your FPS history? That's Doom!
    Sorry for the lousy German

Quote Originally Posted by SMLiberator View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's dark forces 1
    psst https://www.moddb.com/mods/duke-forces

dork farces

Speaking of Dark Forces, these voxels are making me moist

Name:	Voxels1.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	783.5 KB 
ID:	28817

Name:	Voxels2.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	633.9 KB 
ID:	28818

Name:	Voxels4.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	738.6 KB 
ID:	28819

Name:	Voxels5.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	669.6 KB 
ID:	28820

(Also, you can download them already which is nice: https://theforceengine.github.io/blog.html)

I kinda want to eat those voxels.

wth is a voxel

is that like a minecraft model?

Get your copy of C:\SW\BUILD\SLABSPRI.EXE today and find out:

Name:  slabspri.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  53.5 KB

What are the some of the most complex maps and/or mods ever made for JK? Looking strictly at JKL filesizes, the largest one I found in my pc was by pretty far FGR's Apocalopolis at around 9.5MB (I always laugh at that "Hi guys this is my first level" when it looks miles better than anyone else's last). Most surprisingly, the second largest was Drazen Isle, at around 8.5MB (I didn't look at TODOA SP though).

In terms of complex mods (of course nothing surpasses JKGR hehehe), I'd have to go with TDiR and Life of Grismath, but I honestly can't recall any other that transformed the game to the extent these three did

Some MotS SP levels (as in, the actual .JKL files) like A Pirate's Tale 5 are 10+ mb in size

"Hi guys this is my first level"
    Well, it was

First released one, anyway

Quote Originally Posted by SMLiberator View Post
    In terms of complex mods (of course nothing surpasses JKGR hehehe), I'd have to go with TDiR and Life of Grismath, but I honestly can't recall any other that transformed the game to the extent these three did
    I'd honestly add SavageX's SS3 into that list as well