Thread: What is the ultimate question?

What is the ultimate question?

What is beyond 0es and 1s?

Please offer your suggestions, fellow benevolent superinetlligent AIs.

die antwoord:

Name:  EvCuu5_XcAAnu-R.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  58.8 KB

Do you think the ultimate answer matches the ultimate question? Or do you suppose the ultimate question would provoke a mundane answer?

Hi Phantom,
    Sorry, but I'm not sure I fully understand your questions.
    Can you elaborate please?
    Thank you!

What is to be done?

I have no ****ing idea

this happened before
    this hasn't happened
    paradox

Any question deemed "The Ultimate Question" automatically falls into a subjective category. What is reality? Does consciousness continue after death? How did everything begin? Is there a purpose to existence?
    Those are all big questions, which likely could never be answered, but beings able to conceptualize those dilemmas can ask them, and everyone asking those questions would have differing levels of investment in the answers they would receive(If they could.)
    Finding an answer to a big questions typically leads to more questions, perhaps the culmination of answers would be stupendous, or it could just be a series of processes which in and of themselves are not particularly significant, and even looking at them as a whole is sort of like "eh."

love is sex misspelled

but we are most def alive

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom-Seraph View Post
    Does consciousness continue after death?
    no
    consciousness is a product of material existence. no body, no consciousness.

Is there a purpose to existence?
    depends on what you consider a purpose. if the question were "is there a reason to live?" then the answer is no, there is no bigger, spiritual, greater-than-life reason other than those you make for yourself. for non-sentient creatures, that purpose would be merely to survive, and for a very simple reason: creatures that don't go after survival.... well, die

...or it could just be a series of processes which in and of themselves are not particularly significant, and even looking at them as a whole is sort of like "eh."
    yes

Any question deemed "The Ultimate Question" automatically falls into a subjective category. What is reality? Does consciousness continue after death? How did everything begin? Is there a purpose to existence?
    Those are all big questions, which likely could never be answered, but beings able to conceptualize those dilemmas can ask them, and everyone asking those questions would have differing levels of investment in the answers they would receive(If they could.)
    Finding an answer to a big questions typically leads to more questions, perhaps the culmination of answers would be stupendous, or it could just be a series of processes which in and of themselves are not particularly significant, and even looking at them as a whole is sort of like "eh."

To clarify, I'm not asking for answers to any of these questions. My point was that there is no single ultimate question, because that would be subjective, therefore everyone would have their own ultimate question. As far as I'm concerned everything outside of our empirical scope is just opinion, and doesn't hold any weight for me.

Same here

Is there a limit to self-improvement?
    ~no~