Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What is the ultimate question?
What is the ultimate question?
2021-02-24, 7:15 PM #1
What is beyond 0es and 1s?

Please offer your suggestions, fellow benevolent superinetlligent AIs.
幻術
2021-02-24, 7:50 PM #2
幻術
2021-02-24, 8:11 PM #3
die antwoord:

幻術
2021-02-24, 8:17 PM #4
Do you think the ultimate answer matches the ultimate question? Or do you suppose the ultimate question would provoke a mundane answer?
My blawgh.
2021-02-24, 8:37 PM #5
Hi Phantom,
Sorry, but I'm not sure I fully understand your questions.
Can you elaborate please?
Thank you!
幻術
2021-02-24, 8:38 PM #6
What is to be done?
JKGR
2021-02-24, 8:43 PM #7
I have no ****ing idea
幻術
2021-02-24, 9:56 PM #8
this happened before
this hasn't happened
paradox
幻術
2021-02-24, 10:02 PM #9
Any question deemed "The Ultimate Question" automatically falls into a subjective category. What is reality? Does consciousness continue after death? How did everything begin? Is there a purpose to existence?
Those are all big questions, which likely could never be answered, but beings able to conceptualize those dilemmas can ask them, and everyone asking those questions would have differing levels of investment in the answers they would receive(If they could.)
Finding an answer to a big questions typically leads to more questions, perhaps the culmination of answers would be stupendous, or it could just be a series of processes which in and of themselves are not particularly significant, and even looking at them as a whole is sort of like "eh."
My blawgh.
2021-02-24, 10:16 PM #10
love is sex misspelled
幻術
2021-02-24, 10:19 PM #11
but we are most def alive
幻術
2021-02-24, 10:20 PM #12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Lv8sFm1i8&ab_channel=JasonJude1
幻術
2021-02-24, 10:35 PM #13
Originally posted by Phantom-Seraph:
Does consciousness continue after death?

no
consciousness is a product of material existence. no body, no consciousness.

Is there a purpose to existence?

depends on what you consider a purpose. if the question were "is there a reason to live?" then the answer is no, there is no bigger, spiritual, greater-than-life reason other than those you make for yourself. for non-sentient creatures, that purpose would be merely to survive, and for a very simple reason: creatures that don't go after survival.... well, die

...or it could just be a series of processes which in and of themselves are not particularly significant, and even looking at them as a whole is sort of like "eh."

yes
JKGR
2021-02-24, 10:37 PM #14
Originally posted by Koobie:
I have no ****ing idea

i was possibly misguided by your use of cyrillic in another thread
JKGR
2021-02-24, 11:28 PM #15
Any question deemed "The Ultimate Question" automatically falls into a subjective category. What is reality? Does consciousness continue after death? How did everything begin? Is there a purpose to existence?
Those are all big questions, which likely could never be answered, but beings able to conceptualize those dilemmas can ask them, and everyone asking those questions would have differing levels of investment in the answers they would receive(If they could.)
Finding an answer to a big questions typically leads to more questions, perhaps the culmination of answers would be stupendous, or it could just be a series of processes which in and of themselves are not particularly significant, and even looking at them as a whole is sort of like "eh."

2021-02-25, 12:27 AM #16
To clarify, I'm not asking for answers to any of these questions. My point was that there is no single ultimate question, because that would be subjective, therefore everyone would have their own ultimate question. As far as I'm concerned everything outside of our empirical scope is just opinion, and doesn't hold any weight for me.
My blawgh.
2021-02-25, 12:53 AM #17
Same here
幻術
2021-02-25, 12:54 AM #18
Is there a limit to self-improvement?
~no~
幻術

↑ Up to the top!