Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Has jkhub.net been taken down?
Has jkhub.net been taken down?
2021-03-09, 7:40 PM #1
I am very concerned about jkhub, I can't access it and I am worried now that it has been taken down. I really hope that this is not the case and I can't fathom the idea that it is especially considering that I was downloading files from their mere hours ago. I really hope that it is not down but in case the worse does look likely does anyone know the fellows who run the site, maybe they might know if something is going on there.
2021-03-09, 10:23 PM #2
I haven't visited JKHub.net in a while (should really check SMLiberator/Libsa Norec's project out, last time I did so was back in 2019 or so - sorry!), but JKHub.net's hosting was taken over by Giraffe a few years ago, but he became inactive some time after that and I don't think he's been around ever since.

I guess you could try sending Giraffe an email via these forums.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2021-03-10, 3:27 AM #3
Thank you, I have contacted him now and I see if I get a response. When I was searching his name on forum, I see that the site was taken down before. What was the reason that time?
2021-03-10, 6:10 AM #4
No idea anymore, I think Giraffe explained the latest downtime on the JKHub forums (which aren't accessible at this very moment, of course)
2021-03-11, 8:48 PM #5
I emailed him at the 4 email addresses he has previously used to contact me. 2 failed immediately and I haven't heard back from the other two :(
2021-03-13, 12:12 PM #6
*walks in casually...*

Coincidentally, someone posted a bunch of links to extra levels in the forum of my "JK & MotS SP Levels List" project on the Hub the other day, and by chance I was doing one of my occasional visits so I spotted it. It actually inspired me to update the list, and I was all set to re-post it today, and Bam! The Hub is gone!

If anyone is interested, the new list (of all known released JK and MotS SP levels, with download links) is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AqbitNv_7bZXUTFE3KIBLZiKsGrqZ8g7/view?usp=sharing

Most of the new levels are either available at Massassi anyway (released since I made the list), or really old and pretty poor. However the main highlight is that I managed to find a copy of A Jedi's Quest 2 on an old CD-R; that was one I had thought was lost forever. Nikumubeki, I seem to remember you saying you'd like to play it, but that must have been about 10 years ago now, when I originally made the list! Anyway, if you're still interested, now's your chance.

The only one I'm now missing a link for is SavageX's Space Soldiers 3 SP level. Annoyingly it was on the same CD-R as A Jedi's Quest, but the file seems to be quite heavily corrupted. I uploaded it anyway in case anyone can do anything with it, but as it's a self-extracting EXE inside a zip, there's probably little hope of recovering it and we'd need to source a copy from elsewhere. I think I asked SavageX a number of years ago but he never got back to me...
2021-03-13, 12:21 PM #7
Holy moly, it's Chris Swan!

That's actually great news and I'm gonna have to check it out asap. I did a rather extensive "JK/MotS SP level playthrough-a-thon" (including A Jedi's Quest 1) back in mid-2018 (almost 3 years ago, sure, but still quite recently) and it actually made me feel sad afterwards due to realizing that there would never be a continuation to any of those levels (and how they truly are creations of their time).

So this one, despite being a rediscovered level from 20 years ago, has only slightly proven me wrong in that regard ;)
2021-03-13, 12:27 PM #8
Also, the Level Vault I used to have on JKHub has been gone for a few years now, so as far as Star City/Achilles' Imperial City is concerned, here's a new link to it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KhOwykLbFMg0i8Pk3dpbf_objgQ2BhsE/view?usp=sharing
2021-03-13, 2:30 PM #9
I wonder now how it was that Giraffe let the site be pulled? Did just stop caring about it? And also why the site with archived mods and on going projects was put in the care of just one person especially someone who has a tendency to disappear. I am not trying to be critical here but I just imagined that site of such importance would have been put in reliable hands. In fact if I had known the situation I would even have offered to run it myself.
2021-03-13, 2:30 PM #10
On another note, speaking of lost mods, does anyone know where the TCs that used to be hosted on JediNights are? I.E Episode 1 TC, Galactic Civil War, Art of War, Glowsaber MOD, Star Gazer etc. Some of those mods sounded pretty awesome especially Art of War and I would like to hope they exist somewhere else.
2021-03-13, 2:45 PM #11
GCW is available right here on Massassi (Mod/Character pack), but I don't know about the others. I never found EP1TC or Art of War anywhere, and honestly I'd never heard of Star Gazer. If anything, you could try looking them up here.
JKGR
2021-03-13, 6:21 PM #12
Originally posted by Nikumubeki:
Holy moly, it's Chris Swan

Chris-Swan. Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2021-03-14, 6:34 AM #13
So this one, despite being a rediscovered level from 20 years ago, has only slightly proven me wrong in that regard ;)

Of course, now that I've played through the demo (which ends in the text "Sorry, this is where the demo ends..."), we're back to "damn! these projects will never have a continuation!" >_>
2021-03-14, 7:07 AM #14
Of course, now that I've played through the demo (which ends in the text "Sorry, this is where the demo ends..."), we're back to "damn! these projects will never have a continuation!" >_>

I know, every so often I go back and play a few (never managed to get very far through the list) and feel the same. Especially wanted to see the final part of Leeza's Destiny with the sunken temple. Basically SavageX just needs to come back!

And thanks for the updated Star City link. Although I've actually uploaded all of the levels to my own Google Drive now anyway, where they will hopefully last forever(ish); I've still kept the original download links in the list for reference, but the links to the shared folders on my drive are on the first tab in the spreadsheet.
2021-03-14, 11:07 PM #15
Blimey, soon it's been 20 years since I discovered BoaM:SE and Leeza's Destiny 3 (still the ultimate pinnacle of JK/MotS SP levels, IMO - well, aside from T2:BTM) and thus ended up landing on these forums. 'oof!

I actually started planning a sequel of my own to Leeza's Destiny back in 2003, I think I might have gotten as far as digging up a planet 3DO and maybe even messed around with an opening cutscene with Vallo's ship flying towards the planet... wild times.
2021-03-15, 5:41 PM #16
Originally posted by SMLiberator:
GCW is available right here on Massassi (Mod/Character pack), but I don't know about the others. I never found EP1TC or Art of War anywhere, and honestly I'd never heard of Star Gazer. If anything, you could try looking them up here.

I didn't find those mods there but looking a archived versions of those mods' websites I wonder if they were ever finished. Though, if there were any progress I think that would have ended up on AtomicGamer whose files have been archived but unorganized, so hopefully they would be somewhere in that 9 tebibyte archive.

I did find the elusive haunted house map that Krefft was looking for there and many that were on the notomorrow angelfire page. So that is at least something.
2021-03-16, 3:39 PM #17
Originally posted by Chris Swan:
*walks in casually...*

Coincidentally, someone posted a bunch of links to extra levels in the forum of my "JK & MotS SP Levels List" project on the Hub.

That would be me, Chris.:) I made a screen grab of everything I posted from JKHub.Net, here it is. I got it from the Google cache:
"At an end your rule is, and not short enough it was."
-Yoda to Darth Sidious in Revenge Of The Sith
2021-03-22, 12:39 PM #18
Originally posted by YODA:
That would be me, Chris.:) I made a screen grab of everything I posted from JKHub.Net, here it is. I got it from the Google cache.

Ah, thanks! I've updated the list with the extra levels:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AqbitNv_7bZXUTFE3KIBLZiKsGrqZ8g7/view?usp=sharing
2021-03-27, 9:26 AM #19
Hi folks, I have just found Brian's email in my spam folder :)

Can anyone guess where Jkhub.net was hosted?

I was in the middle of trying to update some aspects of Jkhub's implementation, so by complete chance I had taken a database backup the previous week, so all project data, forum postings and wiki entries are backed up. What I hadn't done was take a copy of all the images and files that had been uploaded.

Jkhub will return in some form, I am already in the process of setting up a new server to host it. I am unsure what I will be able to do about the files, that is still under investigation. A holding site should be up soon.
2021-03-28, 9:36 AM #20
Oh SNAP

Good to hear from you, too!
2021-03-29, 6:32 PM #21
Ouch. That would be a good reason why the site went down. Some files can be accessed from the site through Internet Archive, not all, but some at least. Emphasis on some. Anything past January 27th of this year has gone poof as Internet Archive goes no farther than that. Also, I do believe that JKDF2.Net has some of these files on their File Archive, so that's good to know as well.

UPDATE: Giraffe posted his official statement. http://www.jkhub.net

UPDATE#2 : I have taken the painstaking liberty of drafting a master list of 66 files that can be downloaded from the archived crawl of JKHub.Net. Each download has the names of the files so that you will know what you are downloading. The list is now a downloadable MHT file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13yiDdUjziWkPXeJ7XEirdofXZ2OxwsoM/view?usp=sharing
2021-04-13, 12:05 AM #22
Well, a quick update here.

Somehow, the hosting company have managed to restore the server data. I am taking a backup locally of all the files and will look to get them all restored to the replacement server.
2021-04-13, 1:50 PM #23
So awesome!!!!!!!!!!! We should definitely figure out a way to get regular backups of this stuff. I'm working on a rewrite of Massassi (almost done) and I think I'm going to put all the file downloads, screenshots, programs, etc., up on S3 in a public-readable bucket. That way even if Massassi ever goes down at least people will have had a chance to mirror/archive it (regularly, if desired).
2021-04-27, 9:46 PM #24
happy to hear you're going to keep the site going Brian. and glad to hear jkhub isnt gone.

i love coming back here and poking through the forum and the levels- bit of nostalgia hits me right in the feels.
2021-05-25, 2:23 PM #25
Originally posted by Giraffe:
Well, a quick update here.

Somehow, the hosting company have managed to restore the server data. I am taking a backup locally of all the files and will look to get them all restored to the replacement server.

Any updates on that?
2021-05-25, 3:56 PM #26
Originally posted by Chris Swan:
*walks in casually...*

Coincidentally, someone posted a bunch of links to extra levels in the forum of my "JK & MotS SP Levels List" project on the Hub the other day, and by chance I was doing one of my occasional visits so I spotted it. It actually inspired me to update the list, and I was all set to re-post it today, and Bam! The Hub is gone!

If anyone is interested, the new list (of all known released JK and MotS SP levels, with download links) is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AqbitNv_7bZXUTFE3KIBLZiKsGrqZ8g7/view?usp=sharing

Most of the new levels are either available at Massassi anyway (released since I made the list), or really old and pretty poor. However the main highlight is that I managed to find a copy of A Jedi's Quest 2 on an old CD-R; that was one I had thought was lost forever. Nikumubeki, I seem to remember you saying you'd like to play it, but that must have been about 10 years ago now, when I originally made the list! Anyway, if you're still interested, now's your chance.

The only one I'm now missing a link for is SavageX's Space Soldiers 3 SP level. Annoyingly it was on the same CD-R as A Jedi's Quest, but the file seems to be quite heavily corrupted. I uploaded it anyway in case anyone can do anything with it, but as it's a self-extracting EXE inside a zip, there's probably little hope of recovering it and we'd need to source a copy from elsewhere. I think I asked SavageX a number of years ago but he never got back to me...

Amazing work! I know what I'm going to do on my next free day..
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2021-06-10, 1:50 PM #27
Did Giraffe ever get this resolved? We haven't heard from him in 3 months.
2021-07-28, 4:35 AM #28
Is there any updates on the replacement server and status of the backed up files? :confused:
2021-07-28, 7:03 AM #29
I went to jkhub.org by accident and was so confused.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2021-08-26, 3:45 AM #30
Originally posted by YODA:
Did Giraffe ever get this resolved? We haven't heard from him in 3 months.

Real Life gets in the way. The server had a lot of configuration that had been applied by hand and was essential for everything to keep running. I'm having to go through and figure out why a lot of things aren't working when deployed to the new server.

The good news is that all the data was recovered and I have now got multiple copies of it, so hopefully it will be back up soon! (I should probably change the placeholder message to reflect this too).
2021-08-30, 12:03 PM #31
Originally posted by Giraffe:
Real Life gets in the way. The server had a lot of configuration that had been applied by hand and was essential for everything to keep running. I'm having to go through and figure out why a lot of things aren't working when deployed to the new server.

The good news is that all the data was recovered and I have now got multiple copies of it, so hopefully it will be back up soon! (I should probably change the placeholder message to reflect this too).

Thank you for your time and effort. It is greatly appreciated!
2021-09-20, 1:13 PM #32
BTW There is a JKArchive on jkdf2.net that LSF_Nickz2000 has been building for ages. A LOT of jkhub stuff is in there but the problem is sorting through it all. I have been working on rebuilding jkdf2.net which you can see at new.jkdf2.net and unfortunately I have to upload everything one at a time there is no easy way of doing this.

I know jkdf2.net has caused issues in the past due to ReT and AcidRain the site now has nothing to do with either of them they handed the site off to be a few years ago and I had to do a total purge of it because it was running old software that was a massive security risk. I have been in contact with Brian about all of this and let him know both ReT and AcidRain have no control of our discord or jkdf2.net at all anymore. They may idle in the discord but that's about it and neither one have been active for a few years anyway.

I am not a web developer I have been paying someone to rebuild the site for me and we did a fundraiser to help pay for it which ultimately only covered a portion of the bill I covered the rest.

LSF_Nickz2000 did do a backup of jkdf2.net from March of 2015 but it really is only the pages themselves and directory and photos. If that can be of any help I can get that over to Giraffe. Also if anyone is looking for any gobs goos or zips there are a ton in there that were never on massassi or jkhub. Sadly a lot don't have readmes.

As of right now I have been focusing on uploading stuff from the archive that is currently not on massassi or the most popular stuff from MP.
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2021-10-08, 10:18 AM #33
I had a dream last night that I woke up, turned on my computer, happened to visit JKHub.net, and it was up and running! I was so happy!!

But then I actually woke up and went to [url]www.jkhub.net[/url] and it's still down :(
2021-12-10, 12:54 PM #34
Sorry don't really post here. Just every noun and again I skim through old jk related post. If anyone wants jk hub related files I went through all the projects and downloaded all the projects available. A few levels missing in the new jk spreadsheet are after endor, the forbidden path, gunrunners and a few others. Imp depot has a 1.1 version. (Taken from an old website)

MOTS imperial outpost has an updated version. Someone wanted haunted house. I have that version I got no idea where from, and a few other files.

I have other tc such as star craft, Indy, ghost busters l, aliens etc if anyone wants these files.

Lastly if you want wip such as pieces, and other maps that were to show progress from the hub. Happy to upload these for anyone to check, compare and hopefully continue to grow the list :-).
2021-12-10, 2:09 PM #35
To make it easier these are the ones I have that are complete, demo, or a wip

After endor
Back to Nar Shaddaa
Back to Nar Shaddaa
Cool barfight
Dans pool bar and grill (wip)
Dark forces (demo first level)
Deserted colony (wip to show a switch function)
Duel of the fates (looks like legends quigon vs darth maul map with updated maul, skins, and ends)
Fuelstation2
Gunrunners
Gunrunners- ww2 the eastern front
Hi-jacked (second level has no ending)
House of living dreams
Imperial depot 1.1
Imperial slave ship fugitive
Katarn Valley of the jedi tower: (after kill jerec has completed mission, but doesn't end)
LSD dreams emulator- TC: one room with test music
Penumbra dawn (wip)
Pieces v1
Pieces v2
Pigs die: (shoot glass and kill pigs)
Project realms:
Sonic v1.5
Story of trank
Story of zack
The forbidden path
The jedi planet
The sewers vol 2 (wip of sewers)
Toyd 4 demo 1.0: (some reason 1.0 not on list)
Tomb of scarab: (wip)
Warzone 1 (appears same version as 1 and 2. Except was first release)

Mots files

Asteroid 17
Dark forces
DT duel: dark trooper duel
Forgotten tales cardiac
Haunted house part 1: has a few level maps in here wip
Imperial outpost (ex)
Imperial raid
Mining facility on katonos (part 1)
Mining facility on katanos (part 2)
Negative gain trailer one
Potf (level 6 demo)
Rescue on raises head
Ugnaut week day 1
Uganut week day 2

Edit: slowly been going through cds and old websites. If you guys want any of the list. Let me know and can upload a link :-).
2022-01-25, 1:49 PM #36
For some reason the site is flagged by Malwarebytes as having a Trojan and is unsafe.
2022-01-25, 7:52 PM #37
When it used to work, JK Hub allowed upload of user generated content. It wouldn't surprise me if something got through. That said, I think they used to host "dgvoodoo" which always gets flagged even though I don't think it's actually malicious. The scan results have got to be old because if you go to the page now it's essentially a static error page.
2022-01-25, 9:15 PM #38
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/mobile/folders/19cmdiQxRN6mbDwlPuobZoWKhB_XEHqBP?sort=13&direction=a (jk levels)

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/mobile/folders/1i9bFJ2kiPQSXybr5H6lxgP2LqohzdTBV?sort=13&direction=a
(mots levels)

If you are after certain sp levels. Or have any that are not on Chris Swan's list. Please feel free to let me know. I have uploaded some either wip/demo and sp levels I have come across over the years (and still continue to find more).

Welcome to browse jk and mots. I have more. These were the ones uploaded to pass over to jkdf2.net. Anyone iso welcome to try out. If you see no readme or author to the levels. Would be awesome if you can let me know. So can always let people know who made what and create some form of a readme .
2022-02-24, 4:04 PM #39
With jkhub.net still in traction, where would be a hospitable place to upload something Jedi Knight related? I never got around to releasing my JK 2018 project, and got that old JK itch recently, did a little more tinkering, and am hoping to actually get a JK 2022 out the door.

I'm going to have to reverse-engineer quite a bit of what I did to JK's executable in the past to be able to have a full changelog, but stuff I've done this month is:
- fixed a memory leak in Aureal 3D sound code
- made 3D Sound able to be toggled without restart
- fixed a crash in jkSetForceSpeed()
- activated COG extension's hotkey message (if there was ever a public release that did this, I couldn't find it)
- activated COG extension's hotkey filtering for discrete keypresses (but not continuous keypresses)
- added ZeqMacaw's sync thing limit patch
- implemented some OpenJKDF2 QOL_IMPROVEMENTS:
-- better game speed if over 100 fps
-- waggle scaled to framerate
-- smoother singleplayer airborne player physics
-- adjustable internal logic tick rate / frame time (vanilla is ~48 fps)

Mostly have had a good time revisiting my suite of weapon/item/force power COGs.

Unfortunately it's not currently compatible with JkGfxMod due to modern Windows compatibility fixes I did in 2018, at the very least the use of IDirect3DViewport3_Clear2 to fix ZBuffer clearing which JkGfxMod doesn't support. So, obviously I'll want to get something figured out for that.

Thanks for keeping this site up and running.

QM
2022-02-24, 9:02 PM #40
I'd be happy to post it up on Massassi. It sounds awesome. Not really a "level" so we'd have to figure out a good place to put it. LMK.

I'm also working on a sorta-jk hub replacement, but it's not ready yet.

↑ Up to the top!