Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Hey Massassi, have a nice day!
Hey Massassi, have a nice day!
2021-07-20, 8:48 PM #1
Had a dream about this place.

Felt like turning my back to an old friend. Sorry about not posting, was really busy.

If anyone still around here, have a great rest of 2021. :gbk:
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2021-07-20, 9:55 PM #2
Hello. Thanks!
2021-07-20, 10:33 PM #3
Thanks, ECHOMAN!

The Trump Thread might have killed these forums, and everyone's on the Discord these days anyway, but I'm always here.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2021-07-21, 4:38 AM #4
Didn't expect two responses so quickly. Hey Brian, hey you crazy Finn.

hope this year is treating you guys better, past months been a dumpster fire.
2021-07-21, 7:55 AM #5
So far it's mostly been a good year for me, tbf
2021-07-21, 2:19 PM #6
As charming as I find the "Trump Thread killed Massassi" narrative being pushed by some subversive elements of the Community, I think we all realize that the forums were dying, the Trump Thread gave them a temporary lease on life, and then those conversations moving over to Discord removed the last thing that was really happening here.

Anyway, hey ECHO! Hope things are going well in general, or at least start looking up if they've been rough lately.

:hist101:
2021-07-21, 3:11 PM #7
I'm happy to be rid of the Trump thread and to get the politics posts off the forums. I'd rather talk about Jedi Knight. .. Although I don't have anything to say about Jedi Knight.
2021-07-21, 5:36 PM #8
Originally posted by saberopus:
Anyway, hey ECHO! Hope things are going well in general, or at least start looking up if they've been rough lately.

:hist101:

Thanks, I had a weird feeling you would show up. And you did. :v:
Past four months was trying to buy this small place in Manhattan, and it's still on-going. Between the bank and the co-op (and their board and their rules) just distracted me majorly. Would rather get a house instead...

So I had a dream about this place, **** you not, and then came back.

How's it going, opus?
:tinfoil:
2021-07-22, 8:06 AM #9
It's going pretty well, thanks!

My partner and I bought a house a couple years ago. That has been very nice... especially during the quarantine/lockdown era.

Did you succeed in buying the place in Manhattan? Owning a property there seems like it would be very cool and also an enormous pain in the ass, potentially.
2021-07-22, 8:07 AM #10
Originally posted by Brian:
I'm happy to be rid of the Trump thread and to get the politics posts off the forums. I'd rather talk about Jedi Knight. .. Although I don't have anything to say about Jedi Knight.

Jedi Knight was pretty good, wasn't it. :cool:
2021-07-22, 10:30 AM #11
Did you succeed in buying the place in Manhattan? Owning a property there seems like it would be very cool and also an enormous pain in the ass, potentially.

I'm still trying to close on the place (in contract with owner) but its been PITA. Co-op means I'm buying "shares" of a building corporation so there's a chance the board can reject me in the last step for whatever reason. Trying to capitalize on the "pandemic pricing" but NYC really lost its luster in the past year or so (still work here tho).

Congrats on the house! You run your own domain now.
2021-07-22, 4:20 PM #12
Hello grownup Massassians! Nice to hear from all 4 of you haha.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2021-07-22, 8:00 PM #13
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Congrats on the house! You run your own domain now.

And all of the upkeep that comes with it. I would be so much happier if I didn't have to mow my lawn, but at the same time I refuse to pay someone else to do it...
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2021-07-22, 8:56 PM #14
We went from having 3/4 of an acre that I had to maintain to a rental where upkeep is included. So much better. I didn't realize how much of my life I spent at home depot.
2021-07-23, 2:12 AM #15
Yeah, a big garden is great for the kids, but really hard to maintain, unless you really want to and have the time. Recently got a gardener and he's been really helpful. With other projects in the garden as well. But damn, he doesn't get much money, but it's still eating up our budget. Hopefully my raise will go as expected. But I didn't hear from my boss, so I guess I'll only get the minimum. I'll see at the end of the month.
Sorry for the lousy German
2021-07-23, 7:27 AM #16
Hi people. It's nice to see some life in here.
I've been coordinating with a flipper for a house and I think it might actually happen, putting 12 months of house hunting to rest (fingers crossed.) The yard is completely dead and due to consecutive droughts I'm wanting to do a local scape for the yard to conserve water, but also to keep mowing to a minimum. So in theory it might look something like this:
[https://image.slidesharecdn.com/localscapes101sojoforupload-160409152321/95/localscapes-101-78-638.jpg?cb=1460215539]
My blawgh.
2021-07-23, 10:00 AM #17
That looks nice. Still lots of green, but doesn't need a ton of maintenance. Last year I capped the sprinklers in one corner of my back yard and laid down mulch/bark through there, with a couple stone drainage paths. The grass never grew well there anyway due to overhanging trees, and it was a pain to mow; not just because it kicked up so much dirt, but had to maneuver around the gazebo. Made life a little easier.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2021-07-23, 10:02 AM #18
So slightly different name to my old account Tazz (for some reason I couldn't recover it) --

I often talk to the 'kids' on our 2005 Star Wars Battlefront Discord about JK. So many good memories here. I haven't touched the tools since around 2000, but I still actively mod Star Wars Battlefront II 2005. I've got about 30 map conversions to my name with 200+ converted assets for modders to use. https://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-conversions

Been trying to get my son into JK just for fun, but for him it's either all about a gamepad or a touch screen.

Lastly -- and I'm gonna sound old here, but does it bug anyone else slightly when people call Jedi Academy JK?
2021-07-23, 12:21 PM #19
I don't even know what discord is :/
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2021-07-23, 2:14 PM #20
Originally posted by Tracer:
I don't even know what discord is :/

It’s a closed source centralized chat program. A poor replacement for irc.
2021-07-23, 5:54 PM #21
Originally posted by Phantom-Seraph:
I've been coordinating with a flipper for a house and I think it might actually happen, putting 12 months of house hunting to rest (fingers crossed.) The yard is completely dead and due to consecutive droughts I'm wanting to do a local scape for the yard to conserve water, but also to keep mowing to a minimum.

Hey Phantom, how's that comic? :v:

Are you planning to flip the house? If so, you are planning to sell sometime next spring or so? The market is hot in the east coast but it does show some cool-down.
2021-07-23, 5:54 PM #22
It’s a closed source centralized chat program. A poor replacement for irc.

Indeed. Hopefully Matrix will take off, there are bridges which let me access my WhatsApp, SMS, Discord and Facebook messages through a single client on both my phone and PC (And there are a different clients available, though Element is the only one that adds new server features soon after the server supports them).

It's like going back to Trillian!
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2021-07-23, 9:07 PM #23
Do you trust them with all your logins to the various 3rd party/closed systems?
2021-07-24, 12:05 AM #24
Glad to see a few posts here again. I check up on you all every once in a while here. I haven't posted much since responses were rare but maybe that can change. Discord killing forums is such a bad thing. I have found some interesting communities on Discord though.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2021-07-24, 12:06 AM #25
Oh, and never heard of "localscaped" before, lol.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2021-07-24, 6:12 AM #26
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Hey Phantom, how's that comic? :v:

Are you planning to flip the house? If so, you are planning to sell sometime next spring or so? The market is hot in the east coast but it does show some cool-down.

Haha, thanks for asking.
After having kids most of my projects are either dead or on hiatus. Part of the reason I'm trying to get a house is so I have some actual space to work, because my workspace is in the front room of my small apartment and my desk is barricaded by two extra large cardboard boxes flattened and clamped together so the kids stay out, and though it symbolically works it doesn't block sound.

As for the house we're planning to buy it finished from a flipper, the advantage is he is willing to lock us into a price and keep it off the market. Currently most homes go $50k-$100k over asking price on bids. I'm thinking about doing a 5 year plan to fix up the yard, add a concrete driveway and garage and see if I can sell for something better, but we'll see what happens.
My blawgh.
2021-07-24, 8:41 AM #27
Do you trust them with all your logins to the various 3rd party/closed systems?

No, but because it's designed as a decentralised system I am running my own homeserver so I'm in control of where all my logins and messages are stored. I like it because it's a bit like email, anyone can host their own server but still talk to anyone on any other server.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2021-07-24, 1:52 PM #28

Please don’t. We don’t post on the Trump thread now anyway, but sometimes we use it for reference on the Discord. It’s not causing any harm. Plus, speaking for myself, it’s the closest thing I have to a diary from that period.
former entrepreneur
2021-07-24, 2:16 PM #29
How do we get on this Massasoit Discord?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2021-07-24, 2:19 PM #30
I sent you an invite by private message, Tracer
former entrepreneur
2021-07-25, 7:26 AM #31
I can't really get on board with the discord thing. It's either a case of my phone constantly going off with notifications, or me turning them off and forgetting that it even exists.
nope.
2021-07-25, 8:37 AM #32
In hindsight I should have left the Discord the moment on my first day when I closed the browser window (hadn't installed the app at the time) in order to focus better on finishing whatever JK thing I was working on - which made people on the server angry for some reason.

BUT
since I didn't... >: )
2021-07-25, 9:22 AM #33
Hey Tracer!
2021-07-25, 12:46 PM #34
Hey Tracer!

Hey man. Deleted myself off of facebook, so you won't find me there anymore. Glad to hear things are all good with you. :)
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2021-07-25, 1:43 PM #35
Oh yeah I've long since been off Facebook. You still playing muzak?
2021-07-25, 3:05 PM #36
For sure. :) The bad news is all of the groups I play in are on hiatus due to COVID, so it remains to be seen which ones will return. And which venues will survive as well. The good news is I'm starting an epic home studio renovation project for recording and streaming, so maybe I'll be able to do some virtual gigs in future.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2021-07-25, 6:41 PM #37
Originally posted by Eversor:
Please don’t. We don’t post on the Trump thread now anyway, but sometimes we use it for reference on the Discord. It’s not causing any harm. Plus, speaking for myself, it’s the closest thing I have to a diary from that period.

I meant I was glad people weren't talking about politics here anymore, not that I was going to try to purge all political threads (or even that on in particular). I'm not planning on deleting anything.
2021-07-25, 7:52 PM #38
Also banning politics is itself a political act so
2021-07-25, 9:38 PM #39
Shouldn't be removed, but, well https://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?67781-Massassi-Bread-Parade-New-Forum-Structure&highlight=
2021-07-26, 6:15 AM #40

Your revolution is over, FGR. Condolences. The bums lost. My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose.
former entrepreneur

↑ Up to the top!