Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → noclip.website - stroll through old game levels
noclip.website - stroll through old game levels
2021-07-21, 9:54 PM #1
I saw this on Hacker News and I thought it was really cool. Similar to 3d preview for JK levels but it shows the stock maps from quite a few old games from various systems. https://noclip.website/
2021-07-22, 3:58 AM #2
Surprisingly polished. They even brought in lightmaps, objects and certain shaders, where applicable. I wish the JK preview went one step further and brought in fly controls like this, but as a simple preview, I guess it's quick enough.

I have soft spot for Metroid Prime 1/2, and it's nice they brought that game in. They put so much effort/craft in those environments, and its nice to look around again.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2021-07-22, 9:32 AM #3
I saw somewhere that there's a remake of those metroid games going to be released on the Switch. I enjoyed 1 so I will probably buy it if it comes out. The new 2d metroid is so disappointing. It's like the last one that was released where every time you enter a room all the enemies just fly right at you so you always have to deal with them. Over and over and over. Different than other 2d metroids where you can just avoid or ignore them.
2021-07-23, 2:08 AM #4
I loved Metroid Prime 3 on the Wii. Perfect FPS controls for a console. I bought the trilogy, but I got stuck somewhere on 1 and never continued.
Sorry for the lousy German

↑ Up to the top!