Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Official Massassi Discord
Official Massassi Discord
2021-08-27, 9:51 PM #1
Massassi now has an official Discord! The intention is to keep the discussion light and mostly related to Star Wars, JK, and gaming. It's currently public and I invite everyone to join.

https://discord.gg/svJDRtjz5Y
2021-08-27, 10:06 PM #2
Oh yeah, it was interesting to get a PM like this once:

Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2021-08-27, 10:48 PM #3
Originally posted by Nikumubeki:
Oh yeah, it was interesting to get a PM like this once:

Was I involved? lol
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2021-08-27, 11:08 PM #4
Not that time
2021-08-27, 11:14 PM #5
There's an episode of 30 Rock where Steve Martin describes Toronto as "New York, except without all the stuff." I've been re-watching that show lately. Really funny.
former entrepreneur
2021-08-27, 11:42 PM #6
Originally posted by Nikumubeki:
Not that time

Ooh, was there another time?
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2021-08-28, 12:05 AM #7
I think that's the only PM I've received about that.

Also, Brian, I guess this thread could be stickified
2021-08-29, 9:05 AM #8
Thanks for making this, Brian. I participate in a few guitar/music forums, and honestly the best rule they enforce is "no politics, no inappropriate content". I realize that there's not too much left to discuss relating to Dark Forces these days, but IMO the community is always better off with this kind of thing.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2021-08-29, 9:46 AM #9
In its roughly 36 hours of existence (at this moment), the new Discord server has already gained a lot of odd misconceptions and conspiracy theories about it elsewhere - which, when they involve me (of course they do), I fully embrace no matter how false they are.

We'll see what the next chapter in the Massassi Wars Interactive Experience™ will be.
2021-09-02, 10:05 PM #10
Roughly a week after its establishment, the perceptions that some people have regarding the reasons for its conception and what it is actually about still remain fascinating.

2023 coda:

The forums are on their way out and I've expressed my gratitude for their existence.

No credits of course to those who Zoe Quinn'd me in 2021, nor to mb and some others who did nothing about it - and while I think they never were friends to begin with due to their lack of action, I can't have been a friend to them either due to expecting help in those circumstances (when I actually needed help the most! OH THE CONCEIT). BUT I was an idiot for most of the 2010s (and before) - hence coming to that expectation in the first place - and haven't really changed in that regard.

... then again, I did ask favours from them in the late 2000s and early 2010s while giving nothing in return. WHOOPS

At the very least it was a learning experience in not spending time on/with anyone the way I did in the past, so it'll actually be my fault if it happens again. I mean, in hindsight it was my fault to begin with (due to aforementioned idiocy), but still.
2021-09-24, 11:17 PM #11
The Massassi Discord took a huge hit when poor Dr. Xann was banned but it rebounded nicely! One of the Drs. Xann even came back.

2023-05-15, 12:08 PM #12
Why not try a Patreon to support the forum?

What can we do to try to reinvent its popularity?
2023-05-30, 8:01 AM #13
Originally posted by snoopfighter:
Why not try a Patreon to support the forum?

What can we do to try to reinvent its popularity?

"I used a transphobic slur because I am a coward"
2023-06-07, 8:01 AM #14
i mean, to be fair, it's all how the discord is moderated (much like forums tbh!)

for the record, I had created a "massassi" discord at one point that is still running but I wouldn't call it the official one by any means, so go to brians for that! (also, I'm not super active in 'mine' but if i see racist garbage yabanned!)
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2023-06-07, 6:34 PM #15
Originally posted by AgentGrady:
[INDENT]"I used a transphobic slur because I am a coward
[/INDENT]

My original reply: I agree. But if you can stomach it, check out our discord server. It's not like that at all (at least so far).

The original message was deleted because it contained a slur that myself and a bunch of others weren't familiar with. We are now. To be clear, the part that I agreed with was the part that most Discord servers are trash and also the modern internet sucks. I obviously don't agree with any slur or hate towards anyone.
2023-06-07, 8:44 PM #16
Originally posted by mb:
i mean, to be fair, it's all how the discord is moderated (much like forums tbh!)

for the record, I had created a "massassi" discord at one point that is still running but I wouldn't call it the official one by any means, so go to brians for that! (also, I'm not super active in 'mine' but if i see racist garbage yabanned!)

And if you're one of the people AgentGrady and Brian are saying aren't welcome, you might find the unofficial one more enjoyable anyway.

https://discord.gg/XCjGeaWrRm
2023-06-07, 9:00 PM #17
Groomers are invited to the unofficial discord, but twitch streamers are not
former entrepreneur
2023-06-08, 7:15 PM #18
I have no idea what the hell happened, what was originally said that was offensive (I must have missed it), but hopefully it's clear and obvious that I don't agree with any transphobic remarks. Instead of editing my posts to make me look evil, it would be super great if the mods here would just reach out and point out exactly what I missed in the quoted post. Give me the benefit of the doubt.
2023-06-09, 3:29 AM #19
Originally posted by mb:

I didn't realise you moved #doom to discord.

Also, **** whoever that agentgrady guy is.
nope.
2023-06-09, 7:08 AM #20
Originally posted by Brian:
I have no idea what the hell happened, what was originally said that was offensive (I must have missed it), but hopefully it's clear and obvious that I don't agree with any transphobic remarks. Instead of editing my posts to make me look evil, it would be super great if the mods here would just reach out and point out exactly what I missed in the quoted post. Give me the benefit of the doubt.

brian & i chat a bit on discord - I took down the full comment because, to me, it didn't deserve to exist anymore. the original post was railing against discord and used a slur that was previously unknown to me.

Once I was aware of that, I took it all down. This place is only active for a few more weeks and I won't allow for hate.
2023-06-09, 8:41 PM #21
Originally posted by mb:
brian & i chat a bit on discord - I took down the full comment because, to me, it didn't deserve to exist anymore. the original post was railing against discord and used a slur that was previously unknown to me.

Once I was aware of that, I took it all down. This place is only active for a few more weeks and I won't allow for hate.

I cant remember the exact wording on his post, was it the one that starts with a "G" that is synonymous with canine hygiene? If so I wasn't aware that slur was specifically transphobic. I generally read it in the context of describing someone who for example would go into a Roblox community populated with younger kids and entice them with in-game perks or whatever for eventual sexual favors. I've seen the word also pop up in the use of transphobic rhetoric, but that has only been fairly recently, for for a good 10 years or so I've seen it attributed more to the prior usage.
Though his usage could have implied something specifically transphobic, but since I cant go back and read it I'll let you be the judge if it was appropriate or not. I just want this place to be friendly to everyone.
My blawgh.
2023-06-10, 12:11 AM #22
No, it was a different word which actually looked like some weird typo. I was super confused, too.
2023-06-14, 6:56 AM #23
Originally posted by Phantom-Seraph:
I cant remember the exact wording on his post, was it the one that starts with a "G" that is synonymous with canine hygiene?

it was not. it's one that was unfamiliar to me, but seemingly similar to the 'f' word. a quick google confirmed the viciousness.
2023-07-10, 10:40 PM #24
At least mb acted on this issue unlike that time I got Sarkeesian'd

↑ Up to the top!